ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Referee forms

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

heri97
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Naturalisation Referee forms

Post by heri97 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:39 pm

Hi,
Hope everyone is well & safe !
I’ve just applied for my naturalisation last week & got lucky to find a slot for the biometrics two days after that. I somehow didn’t notice that the referees had to write the “name of the applicant’’ on the form & they both didn’t!
Has anyone had a similar situation like this ?
.....And once you’ve submitted the application, does the home office normally contact the referees via email ?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Referee forms

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:08 pm

It is not very clear from your post if you have attended your biometrics or not?
Assuming you have you can wait if HO contacts you regarding referee forms to be properly filled. They do not usually contact referees (very rare cases).
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

heri97
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Post by heri97 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:28 pm

Thank you for your reply. I did have attended my biometric appointment. I should’ve made that clear.

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2

Post by I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:20 am

heri97 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:39 pm
Hi,
I’ve just applied for my naturalisation last week & got lucky to find a slot for the biometrics two days after that. I somehow didn’t notice that the referees had to write the “name of the applicant’’ on the form & they both didn’t!
.....And once you’ve submitted the application, does the home office normally contact the referees via email ?
Please where did you read the referee has to write on the form? I thought the application is fully online.

Although I am still waiting for my SET M ILR decision, I have filled out my naturalisation application and put in my referee details. Does the form show up in the end and you have to post or something?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 am

I VE A LIFE WITHOUT TIER2 wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:20 am
heri97 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:39 pm
Hi,
Please where did you read the referee has to write on the form? I thought the application is fully online.

Although I am still waiting for my SET M ILR decision, I have filled out my naturalisation application and put in my referee details. Does the form show up in the end and you have to post or something?

Thanks
The AN form will generate a referee declaration to download. Referee fills and sign. You scan and upload. You can find it here also:
https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... on_MN1.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 pm

Hi do the referees print out the form and attach their photograph and sign before we upload it?

mck2010
Ghana

Post by mck2010 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 pm

Do they have to print and attach their photograph as well

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:06 pm

mck2010 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 pm
Do they have to print and attach their photograph as well
Did you actually read the referee form? Plus please do not tag your questions onto someone else’s topic.
Keep your questions in your own topic.
british-citizenship/can-i-apply-for-nat ... l#p1978955

heri97
Newly Registered
Eritrea

Post by heri97 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:23 pm

mck2010 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:12 pm
Hi do the referees print out the form and attach their photograph and sign before we upload it?
Hey there, you can either download it and give it to them or they can do it themselves. They also have to write your full name & DOB behind your photo & sign the declaration form. Hope this helps !