ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Quires - EUSS Route

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

zcfthtn
Newly Registered
Mood:

Naturalisation Quires - EUSS Route

Post by zcfthtn » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:41 pm

Hello everyone,

I am an EU national with EUSS granted back in 2019. I am planning to apply for British Citizenship but I am unsure of some of the requirement. I hope someone can kindly give me a suggestion.

I have been in the UK for 10 years and I was a student not until 2021 I became a full-time worker.

Last year, I was unable to return to the UK for 3 months as my home country closed its border. This increases my total absence date to 500-ish. I would like to know if there is potential to exercise discretion due to the global pandemic? And what should I provide as evidence? News? Flight ticket? etc?

Another enquiry is on the documents for residency. I reckon letter from employer is a source of evidence, but how about my time as a student? Does degree certification/ student status letters in the past recognisable? Also, as EU nationals, we have free movement to enter the UK without stamping our passports before Brexit. How should I show evidence of entering the UK?

Thank you so much for helping me - I appreciate your time reading my long message.

Have a good day!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Naturalisation Quires - EUSS Route

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:31 pm

Absences:
Page 15 onwards:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7.0ext.pdf

Residence:
You can submit a college/uni letter etc. You will declare the absences from UK in the form. No need to prove the specific dates.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.