ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship / Overstay

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London22
Member of Standing

Re: British Citizenship / Overstay

Post by London22 » Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:45 am

SamFar wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:56 am
London22 wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:14 am
SamFar wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:24 pm
London22 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:15 pm

I haven't applied yet .I might or I might leave UK due its injustice immigration system. If you haven't worked during the period of overstay & can prove that by just answering the question the way it is best then ultimately according to guidance overstaying can be disregarded .As you have been here for quite long there seems a chance a discretion can be applied. In my asylum interview I have told them about working during overstaying otherwise I could have applied upto now. Just overstaying can be disregarded & in your case it should be due to long. They have updated good character requirement & started looking at POSITIVE sides of character as well otherwise they only used to look at negative sides like illegal work,overstaying or any minor or serious crimes.
Goodluck

Hello London22

Hope you're Well.
So finally I applied for the citizenship and aa you predicted they have sent me a questionnaire asking same 8 questions they ask everyone !!
I have never been so nervous and scared in my life so it's king of taking over my nerves.
If you see this message please respond back and I will update discuss this further.
Thank you.
Hello Bro
Don't worry at all. They ask these questions to all previous overstayers. As you haven't worked during that period ,I think if you get a sensible & kind caseworker which is rare you would be fine .Your length of stay ,mental issues &not working during that period would help you to secure nationality. You should explain them now how you have survived during that period .There should be some help from family members or the savings you had. This is very important to cover as they would be thinking now whether you worked illegally or not in their assumptions but you should cover that period now so they don't assume that you have been working.
Their guidance clearly states if someone is an overstayer in last 10 years at anytime & that is the only adverse factor then it can be disregarded.
Also explain them what is positive character like tax you have paid & good things that you have done.
Overstaying isnt the only bloody thing that should judge someone's character.
Good luck
Good to hear from you Bro,

How do I prove them that I have not worked illegally?? I ordered my my last 10 years employment records from Hmrc it says during the period in question " No employment recorded" Is that evidence sufficient? Also friends who supported me are happy to give their letters confirming they supported me during my time period. I have no other evidence to proof. I have already paid my taxes for year ending 2019/2020 tax returns and all previous taxes are paid too.
This whole experience is quite nerve racking. I will keep you posted once I receive the outcome, request prays. Thank you.
Yes bro. HMRC doesn't have anything to do with your work record during overstay as you were not allowed to work hence they can't have your record .The main thing is letters from friends& family members & if possible bank records to prove that they have supported you. One man was overstayed more than 5 years & told them he hasn't worked during that & his application was approved.
It is entirely on the caseworker but due to hostile environment they follow political guidelines more than common sense. I wish you good luck.

SamFar
Newly Registered

Post by SamFar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 pm

Hi,

My application for citizenship was successful 😊😊💝,
I am actually Speechless !!! I seriously don't have words to explain how I feel, I feel so blessed and thankful to Almighty for this reward, The amount of efforts and hard work I have put in to this application is immense, tons of documents and hard work paid off.
I would specially like to Thank London22, Secret.Simon and Cullinan for your valuable inputs and lifting my confidence up, Especially London22 you are a Gem mate, You were the one continuously assuring me that I will get through this. Thanks to everyone else too who was praying for me. I am speechless. I am ready to start a new chapter in my life as it has been a long journey for me. Thank you once again everyone. Request your prayers and well wishes in future adventures.
Sam.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:06 am

Congratulations.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SamFar
Newly Registered

Post by SamFar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:11 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:06 am
Congratulations.
Thanks Secret.Simon.
You were really helpful and honest with your opinions and advice. Thanks for all you had to offer. Appreciate it.

London22
Member of Standing

Post by London22 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm

SamFar wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:48 pm
Hi,

I am actually Speechless !!! I seriously don't have words to explain how I feel, I feel so blessed and thankful to Almighty for this reward, The amount of efforts and hard work I have put in to this application is immense, tons of documents and hard work paid off.
I would specially like to Thank London22, Secret.Simon and Cullinan for your valuable inputs and lifting my confidence up, Especially London22 you are a Gem mate, You were the one continuously assuring me that I will get through this. Thanks to everyone else too who was praying for me. I am speechless. I am ready to start a new chapter in my life as it has been a long journey for me. Thank you once again everyone. Request your prayers and well wishes in future adventures.
Sam.
Hello Sam
Congratulations .You are lucky to get through this complex application where HO tries every bit to block people becoming citizens .I think you have just got a good caseworker .Same sort of applications can be refused or granted .In actual sense the rules have no sense.
Enjoy your life .

SamFar
Newly Registered

Post by SamFar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12 pm

London22 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:24 pm
SamFar wrote:
Hi,

Sam.
Hello Sam
Congratulations .You are lucky to get through this complex application where HO tries every bit to block people becoming citizens .I think you have just got a good caseworker .Same sort of applications can be refused or granted .In actual sense the rules have no sense.
Enjoy your life .
Thanks London22,

I feel blessed, amount of efforts I have put into this are enormous!! Thank you for being so positive and lifting my confidence up. You are truly a star !!
Is there a thread to follow about information on how long does it take to receive a letter of invitation?
Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:14 pm

Taking around 12 weeks at present for invitation letter, some waiting longer than this.

british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... l#p1994252
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SamFar
Newly Registered

Post by SamFar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:14 pm
Taking around 12 weeks at present for invitation letter, some waiting longer than this.

british-citizenship/citizenship-ceremon ... l#p1994252
Thank you CR001,

That is long, is there any way to speed up the process??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:04 am

No, there isn't unfortunately.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adncs38

Post by adncs38 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:08 am

SamFar wrote:
Hi,

Sam.

Hi could you please share your time line including when did you get the questionnaire from HO.