ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

last man standing
Newly Registered

Post by last man standing » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:59 pm

congrats injusti . myself and few others are still waiting for approval who applied in mid 2005

bloody foreigner

Post by bloody foreigner » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:11 pm

:P Thanks AI :P
I also had some settings wrong! :roll:

luha
Newly Registered

Re: My experiences/advice

Post by luha » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:53 am

Injasuti, could you please tell which address did you send those additional documents required to? I applied in October 06, received letter couple days ago asking for P21, banks statements and avidavits. On their letterhead paper is Burgh Quey address and their web site says that all correspondence should be sent to Tipperary

LuasPassenger

Post by LuasPassenger » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:59 am

I was asked for the same documents a few weeks ago and I send them to Tipperary, they were very quick in replying. However, I did notice that their letterhead did say Tipperary, not Burg Quay.

Persol
Newly Registered

Post by Persol » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:43 pm

A friend of mine got his citizenship on 04/09/2008, and believe me all, he applied on 16 April 2007. We applied at the same time.
So, don't believe what INIS post on the website or whatever they tell us on the phone. Another friend of mine was granted citizenship even if he doesn't fulfill the 60 months condition as he was here 1.5 years without a job or permit.

The citizenship process in Ireland is just like a lottery now!

nseeker
Newly Registered

Post by nseeker » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:39 pm

Persol wrote:A friend of mine got his citizenship on 04/09/2008, and believe me all, he applied on 16 April 2007. We applied at the same time.
So, don't believe what INIS post on the website or whatever they tell us on the phone. Another friend of mine was granted citizenship even if he doesn't fulfill the 60 months condition as he was here 1.5 years without a job or permit.

Hi,
Just wondering if a fried who applied in April 2007 is married to EU citizen? In that case it is well known that their applications are fast tracked.

As to the second friend without fulll 60 months - yeah, it is funny. Lucky guy/girl.

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:33 am

Persol wrote:A friend of mine got his citizenship on 04/09/2008, and believe me all, he applied on 16 April 2007. We applied at the same time.

You dont have to have a job to be eligible for citizenship e.g. the non-EU wife joining her non-EU husband who has an employment permit. In this case both are eligible to be naturalised after 5 years of residence.

The obvious exceptions are permission to remain as a student or not having any permission to remain, so even if your friend didnt have a job, perhaps his spouse did and he was living in Ireland legally.

Also some people are of 'Irish Association' in which case they basically have to comply with none of the regular conditions, purely up to the minister.

HOTSPURS

Post by HOTSPURS » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:42 am

You dont have to have a job to be eligible for citizenship e.g. the non-EU wife joining her non-EU husband who has an employment permit. In this case both are eligible to be naturalised after 5 years of residence.

The obvious exceptions are permission to remain as a student or not having any permission to remain, so even if your friend didnt have a job, perhaps his spouse did and he was living in Ireland legally.

Also some people are of 'Irish Association' in which case they basically have to comply with none of the regular conditions, purely up to the minister.
Hi Joesoap, If the Non-Eu Work-Visa holder has resided in Ireland for 5 yrs & the Non-Eu Spouse for 3-4 yrs, can the spouse apply for Naturalization along with her spouse?

Heybabyy

Getting PCC

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:05 am

Folks,

I need help on applying for Police clearance certificate (PCC). I understand that I can apply it at nearest Garda station. But I don't know the application format and supporting documents to be provided. Could anyone please throw some light on this.

Regards,

ashimashi

Re: Getting PCC

Post by ashimashi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:25 am

Heybabyy wrote:Folks,

I need help on applying for Police clearance certificate (PCC). I understand that I can apply it at nearest Garda station. But I don't know the application format and supporting documents to be provided. Could anyone please throw some light on this.

Regards,

Why do you need it? It is NOT required for naturalisation applications.

Heybabyy

Post by Heybabyy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:42 am

You are right, PCC is not required for Naturalisation..... but who knows !!!.
Just want to get PCC, in case they ask that as well.... covering the remaining 0.01% probability . :lol:

Do you know the application format??

joesoap101
Member of Standing

Post by joesoap101 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:48 pm

HOTSPURS wrote:

Hi Joesoap, If the Non-Eu Work-Visa holder has resided in Ireland for 5 yrs & the Non-Eu Spouse for 3-4 yrs, can the spouse apply for Naturalization along with her spouse?
No, because you have to meet the 5 year residence requirement. However meeting the residence requirement doesnt mean you have to be working, as seems to be the myth that has been going around. As long as your permission is not based on studying in Ireland, you will be able to apply after 5 years.

injasuti
Newly Registered

Post by injasuti » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 am

luha wrote:Injasuti, could you please tell which address did you send those additional documents required to? I applied in October 06, received letter couple days ago asking for P21, banks statements and avidavits. On their letterhead paper is Burgh Quey address and their web site says that all correspondence should be sent to Tipperary
I send all my materials to Burgh Key.

injasuti
Newly Registered

Post by injasuti » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:18 am

luha wrote:Injasuti, could you please tell which address did you send those additional documents required to? I applied in October 06, received letter couple days ago asking for P21, banks statements and avidavits. On their letterhead paper is Burgh Quey address and their web site says that all correspondence should be sent to Tipperary
I sent all documentation to Burgh Quay. However, my appliecation for my kids will be made to Tip.

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:00 pm

[I sent all documentation to Burgh Quay. However, my appliecation for my kids will be made to Tip.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, I'll send mine to Burgh Quay as it is address on their letterhead. I sent them an e mail asking for clarification, they never replied, tried to contact them by phone without any success.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:03 pm

You need to send it to Tipperary as that's the latest address. It could be very well possible that they don't have the letterheads with the latest Tipperary address on it which is why it says Burgh Quay on the letter you received.

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:03 pm

You need to send it to Tipperary as that's the latest address. It could be very well possible that they don't have the letterheads with the latest Tipperary address on it which is why it says Burgh Quay on the letter you received.

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm

strongbow wrote:You need to send it to Tipperary as that's the latest address. It could be very well possible that they don't have the letterheads with the latest Tipperary address on it which is why it says Burgh Quay on the letter you received.
Now I'm even more confused. Luas pasenger replied and said that he sent documents to Tipperaty but letter he received had Tipperary address on it.

sashasolar

Post by sashasolar » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:14 pm

Guys, you have to take into account a possibility that no all naturalisation cases were transferred to Tipperary! What if a portion of 2005 applications stayed behinid in Dublin for completion? If a request for additional documentation comes on a Dublin headed paper, then you have to send docs to Dublin address and if it comes on Tipp paper, then send your docs to Tipp. Simple!
This is the only logic I can find in this situation. :D

luha
Newly Registered

Post by luha » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:59 pm

I went to Burgh Q, guy at the reception saw letter I received and told me to leave docs there. So problem (hopefully) solved

injasuti
Newly Registered

Timeline for kids of naturalised parent/s?

Post by injasuti » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:59 pm

I was naturalised last month and today I sent off my application to naturalise my kids. Both of them are over the age of 18 so technically not minors. However, they are still both students are entirely dependent upon me. They have lived continuously with me since they arrived here over 8 years ago.

I applied using Form 9 and sent if off to Tipperary. My local GNIB officer said that the waiting time is 12 months and I may have trouble naturalising them - particularly the elder who turned 20 in Aug08.

Does anyone else have any experiences of naturalising their kids? Times, ages, challenges, etc?

strongbow
Member of Standing

Post by strongbow » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:59 pm

OFF-TOPIC but is it just me or are other having problems as well trying to send PMs over the past few days. Whenever I try to send a PM I'm getting an SMTP timeout error and the message just gets stuck in the Outbox instead of moving to the Sent Items.

another_immigrant

Post by another_immigrant » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 pm

ashimashi wrote:well I've applied in May 06, so we'll soon find out how honest they are!

Hi Ashimashi,

Have you heard of anything yet ?

Regards, AI.

ashimashi

Post by ashimashi » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:47 am

another_immigrant wrote:
ashimashi wrote:well I've applied in May 06, so we'll soon find out how honest they are!

Hi Ashimashi,

Have you heard of anything yet ?

Regards, AI.
No. Nothing. I'll write to them in about a month time, or a couple of weeks after they say they're doing June.

HariOm
Newly Registered

Post by HariOm » Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:39 am

[quote="strongbow"]OFF-TOPIC but is it just me or are other having problems as well trying to send PMs over the past few days. Whenever I try to send a PM I'm getting an SMTP timeout error and the message just gets stuck in the Outbox instead of moving to the Sent Items.[/quote]

Having same issues Strongbow , gettng error when I send any PM.
"Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out"

Strongbow , I have not heard anything back from DOJ as yet.Did you hear anything back?.