ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Citizenship Application

Post by Tochim » Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Hi everyone,
I am not proud to say this.
In December 2012, I had a moment and was penalized for ''shoplifting''. I Paid the penalty and that has been it. it was on the spot penalty from the police. But, whenever I made application for residency, I never answered yes to questions regarding that. Now, after receiving indefinite leave to remain almost two years ago, it's time to apply for citizenship, I need advice if I should declare it or not. what do you think should happen if I don't answer yes?
I have always answered 'no' to the question in the past.
Thanks

Tochi

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Citizenship Application

Post by Tochim » Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:08 pm

I have my indefinite leave to remain since 2019. Now I want to apply for citizenship but not sure what will happen.
I had a ''shoplift'' penalty in 2012. In all my applications for other residence permits and even in my application for indefinite leave to remain, I answered "NO'' to all the questions. I did not declare anything yet, I got them. Now I want to apply for citizenship, I become worried.
Can someone advise me on this, please?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:57 pm

It is best to declare it for citizenship application. It was immaterial for ILR anyways. It will NOT affect your Naturalisation application also even if you declare as it is NOT a criminal conviction plus older than 3 years old. An FPN alone is not a criminal conviction but since the AN form asks to declare any other penalties, best to declare as you do not want to risk deception.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Tochim
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Re: Citizenship Application

Post by Tochim » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:45 am

Thank you CULLINAN. I appreciate your candid advice. I have been thinking of this hence nobody said or advised me about it.
Thanks