ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation and British passport for child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Naturalisation and British passport for child

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:25 am

Hello,

My child is 4 years old ; myself and my wife has received ILR ( with Indian passport ) few months ago.

Now we are planning for apply for Naturalisation for my child but i read in the following link that we can do joint application of Naturalisation and British passport together for child

https://www.redbridge.gov.uk/media/1226 ... ervice.pdf

but i dont know how true is this. So my questions are :

1. Can we do a joint application of Naturalisation and British passport together for child ? if yes can you give me the link to start the application

2. if point 1 is not possible, do i need to first apply for naturalisation and once received naturalisation then apply for british passsport ? if yes can you give me the link to know more about it and where to start the application

Thank you for your invaluable support as always.

Rahul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Naturalisation and British passport for child

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:42 am

1. The JCAP scheme is no longer available and hasn't been since November 2018. You have to apply to register the child first and once you receive the certificate, only then can you apply for the passport.

2. Yes. It is form MN1
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rahulkumar090789
Newly Registered
India

Re: Naturalisation and British passport for child

Post by rahulkumar090789 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:14 am

Thanks alot! this is very helpful