ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR T2G Date of Application - 1st Issue or 1st Entry?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mashayekh_hosein

ILR T2G Date of Application - 1st Issue or 1st Entry?

Post by mashayekh_hosein » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:43 am

Hello.

A friend of mine is about to apply for ILR under the 5 years Tier-2 General route. His first visa was issued on 16 May 2016 and he entered the country on 26 May 2016. Can you please confirm if the 28 days earlier application rule is still valid, and whether it counts from the first visa issue date or the first entry date?

Many thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR T2G Date of Application - 1st Issue or 1st Entry?

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:13 pm

mashayekh_hosein wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:43 am
Hello.

A friend of mine is about to apply for ILR under the 5 years Tier-2 General route. His first visa was issued on 16 May 2016 and he entered the country on 26 May 2016. Can you please confirm if the 28 days earlier application rule is still valid, and whether it counts from the first visa issue date or the first entry date?

Many thanks.
Visa issue date
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice