ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing a partner to the UK while on separation with hubby

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chibuo
Newly Registered

Bringing a partner to the UK while on separation with hubby

Post by Chibuo » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:56 pm

Please house, just wanted to know the possibilities of bringing a partner over to the UK. My friend wants to bring over her partner, she has been separated with the husband.
I want to know how possible it will be and the likely homeoffice requirements for it or does she have to wait until divorce is completed.
I will be glad to get your help.
Thanks.

Navisa7

Re: Bringing a partner to the UK while on separation with hubby

Post by Navisa7 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Hi Chibuo,
Just from my experience arriving on a British Citizen spouse visa in 2015, husband and I had to provide decree absolute and divorce certificate from our previous relationship- Assuming your friend is British/ has ILR and legally married to her separated husband in UK, I think the above would be a must to sponsor someone on a family visa , unless any moderators/experts suggest an alternative way around this.
Thanks
Nah

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Bringing a partner to the UK while on separation with hubby

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:54 pm

Chibuo wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:56 pm
Please house, just wanted to know the possibilities of bringing a partner over to the UK. My friend wants to bring over her partner, she has been separated with the husband.
I want to know how possible it will be and the likely homeoffice requirements for it or does she have to wait until divorce is completed.
I will be glad to get your help.
Thanks.
What is your friends immigration history and status?

What is her separated husband's immigration history and status?

To sponsor an unmarried partner, there is a mandatory requirment to provide substantial evidence of a living together in a relationship akin to marriage for a minimum of two years. If your friend does not have that, a visa sponsored by her will fail.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.