ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I’ve been entering the wrong national insurance number on my applications

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ac30
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

I’ve been entering the wrong national insurance number on my applications

Post by ac30 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:17 am

After all this time I have only realised that I’ve been entering the wrong national insurance number on all documents (like my visa and ILR application previously, opening bank account, etc) because I’ve written it the wrong way on my saved notes (2 numbers were interchanged). My HMRC profile states I have paid taxes all the time on the correct NI so there’s no problem with my tax contributions.

How do I go about rectifying this? My concern is I used the wrong NI when I applied for my ILR last november 2019 (Probably even before that when I was working under tier 2 visa). Will this have to be corrected before I attempt to apply for citizenship? I will also need to contact banks for ISA reasons. :cry: