ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor visa for elderly parents from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SarjanNartan
Newly Registered
India

Family Visitor visa for elderly parents from India

Post by SarjanNartan » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am

Hi all experts and forum members.
Just kindly wanted to have some light on some important aspect of Family visitor visa for elderly parents for India.
My father in law- is retired and mother is unemployed- housewife. They have enough fund in savings in Bank and post, also property on their names.
Me and my husband want to show sponsorship as we both got enough fund in our savings here. And we have joint names in savings and council tax. I have prepared following list of documents, So just want to double check with experts what other documents we need ?
Documents:
1. Our Invitation letter stating parents are missing grandchildren and want to have a family reunion for 3 months only.
2. Our passport and Brp as we have settled status
3. Our bank statements showing enough funds
4. Council tax bill for resident proof that we have enough room for them to stay
5. Their passports, visa stamps that in let they have returned in time/ before time
6. Their savings in India in bank, post and FDs
7. Their address proof utility bills
8. Tax documents but no regular income
9. Property documents
10. Declaration by father for mother’s financial responsibility
11. Vaccination certificates

I am going to fill application and pay from here. Do I need to send them any physical documents to them?
Do I need to fill 2 different applications for them?
Do I need to show any medical insurance documents with the application? Or what else do you suggest?

Can I please request experts to shed some light on any important aspect to be considered before making application.
Looking forward to revive some guidance and expert advice.

Many thanks

QSDanik
Mood:

Re: Family Visitor visa for elderly parents from India

Post by QSDanik » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:01 pm

I am not sure to that you should also attached return ticket with Visa applciation, not sure for current visit visa trend, before that it was required. Wait for others reply.
Yes There should be insurance for visit visa
About others questions wait for seniors.

PariJ

Post by PariJ » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:00 am

SarjanNartan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am
Hi all experts and forum members.
Just kindly wanted to have some light on some important aspect of Family visitor visa for elderly parents for India.
My father in law- is retired and mother is unemployed- housewife. They have enough fund in savings in Bank and post, also property on their names.
Me and my husband want to show sponsorship as we both got enough fund in our savings here. And we have joint names in savings and council tax. I have prepared following list of documents, So just want to double check with experts what other documents we need ?
Documents:
1. Our Invitation letter stating parents are missing grandchildren and want to have a family reunion for 3 months only.
2. Our passport and Brp as we have settled status
3. Our bank statements showing enough funds
4. Council tax bill for resident proof that we have enough room for them to stay
5. Their passports, visa stamps that in let they have returned in time/ before time
6. Their savings in India in bank, post and FDs
7. Their address proof utility bills
8. Tax documents but no regular income
9. Property documents
10. Declaration by father for mother’s financial responsibility
11. Vaccination certificates

I am going to fill application and pay from here. Do I need to send them any physical documents to them?
Do I need to fill 2 different applications for them?
Do I need to show any medical insurance documents with the application? Or what else do you suggest?

Can I please request experts to shed some light on any important aspect to be considered before making application.
Looking forward to revive some guidance and expert advice.

Many thanks
Hi,

Pls see below the list of supporting documents I submitted for my mother-in-law's UK visitor visa back in 2016. I hope this is helpful. You will need to make separate applications for your in-laws.

re Travel Insurance - This is not a legal requirement but its recommended.

also as a FYI - I recently applied for the Right of Abode from VFS Chennai, and we were advised that VFS no longer accepts paper documentation. You will need to upload on-line or you can do it from the VFS office for a charge.

Regards,
Pari

UK Visitors Visa - Supporting Documentation

Applicant’s DETAILS
Item - Document - Description
1 Visa application Form - Copy of completed online Visa Application form with declaration signed by the applicant.
2 Passports - Current and Previous passport of the Applicant.

SPONSOR’S FINANCIAL DETAILS
Item Document Description
1 Employer’s reference letter - Letter from the Employer to confirm sponsor’s role and Annual Salary
2 Payslips - Attested Payslips (6 months)
3 Bank Statements - Bank Statements covering 6 months
4 No Objection Certificate from Sponsor’s wife - NOC from Sponsor’s wife authorising the sponsor to use the funds in the joint account.
5 Invitation letter - Signed by the sponsor and his wife.

Accommodation
1 House Deeds - Copy of the House Transfer deeds
2 House Register of title - Copy of the Title registry
3 Mortgage details - Mortgage Statement
4 Council Tax - Council tax bill
5 Utility Bills - Electricity bill
6 No Objection Certificate Accommodation - NOC from us for accommodating my mother-in-law
7 Property Layout - Print of the apartment layout/Floor plan

Applicant ties to India
1 Property details with Valuation - Copy of the property Title deeds and Valuation certificate of the properties.
2 Income/ Rental Receipts - Rental Agreement and attested Rental income (12 months) receipts from the property owned
3 Bank Statements - Attested copies of bank statements (12 months) in which the rental income is credited
4 Current Address proof - Passport
5 Fixed Deposits - Attested Copy of Fixed Deposit statements under applicant’s account.
6 Tax Returns - Tax returns of the applicant for last 3 years
7 Applicants marriage proof - Marriage Certificate
8 Applicant’s Spouse Employer Reference letter - Attested Employer Reference letter
9 Applicant’s Spouse Tax Returns - Tax returns for last 3 years

Other
1 Sponsor’s Marriage Certificate - Copy of Marriage Certificate of Sponsors and Applicants’ daughter
2 Sponsor’s Passport - Copy of Sponsor’s Passport
3 Sponsor’s Wife/Applicants’ Daughter passport - Copy of Sponsor’s wife Passport
4 Applicant’s Spouse Passport - Copy of the Passport
5 Applicant’s Daughter Birth Certificate - Copy of the Birth Certificate

JB007
- thin ice -

Post by JB007 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:39 pm

SarjanNartan wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:33 am
India added to coronavirus ‘red list’
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56806103