ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online application and EEA national identity card number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

keym
Newly Registered
Poland

Online application and EEA national identity card number

Post by keym » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:19 pm

Hello,
I'm currently filling my online application for British citizenship and would like to reach out for help on one thing.

In step 2. of the application there's a question about my (Polish) national identity card number. This point it bit unclear to me as on my card there are actually two numbers - one is my personal number (PESEL) which is permanent number identifying a person (most commonly used number in Poland for identification) and there is also the actual number of the issued card (identity card number) which changes when the card gets reissued every 10 years. Which one should I use?
The input field on the application form says "National identity card number (Provide the number as shown on your identity card)" which suggests the latter but to be honest I have never used this number in any form of identification before (normally PESEL is used for that purpose, I even remember being it used for something in the UK before) so I am a little hesitant if this is right.

Please see example Polish ID card below:

It's probably dumb and obvious question but I would rather avoid doing any clerical errors like this so if anyone who went through the process could confirm which to use I would greatly appreciate.
Cheers!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Online application and EEA national identity card number

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:18 pm

National Identity card is not an important question. Just enter any number as reference. This question has no impact on your Naturalisation application.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

keym
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Online application and EEA national identity card number

Post by keym » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Thank you for prompt reply. In that case I’ll go with the card issue number.

Cheers!