ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Super Priority service for ILR?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Nassimcoul
Newly Registered
Algeria

Querry for ILR (Tier 2) and dependent stay

Post by Nassimcoul » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:03 am

Dear Immigrationboards members and contributors,

I hope you are well. I am on a Tier 2 visa ( issued 30/05/2017 and expires 03/07/2022). My wife joined me later as a dependent and her BRP details are as follows: issue date 24/04/2018 and expiry date 03/07/2022.

I understand that I need to apply for ILR before the expiry date of my BRP to stay permanently in the UK. However, I would be grateful if you could please clarify the following questions:

1- As my leave has 5 years and 1 month from the issues date, I am confused about when to apply. Could you please advise?

2-I am on a permanent contract. Does the letter from my sponsor need to bear the word "unforeseen future"?

3-My wife is not going to complete 5 years by the time I apply for ILR. It would be 4 years and two months. Could you please advise on the best way to keep her in the country without resetting her clock.

4-Do we need to apply at the same time or I need to apply for ILR first before she can file her application? How that works in terms of timing?

5- What type of application forms we will be using for ILR and my wife visa? could you please share links?

6- My child was born in the UK this year. I understand that she qualifies for British citizenship once one of the parents obtain ILR. Do you suggest applying for this after we obtain a decision on our visas?

7-My wife and I had bad experiences in the past with UKVI. Do you think our case is complex and requires some legal assistance (e.g. immigration solicitors) or not?

Thanks so much in advance for your help and support. We are truly appreciative of the time and effort you take to answer our questions.

Kind regards,

Mouls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Querry for ILR (Tier 2) and dependent stay

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:29 am

ILR queries must be posted in the ILR sub forum please, link below.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/

UK born child citizenship questions must be posted in the British Citizenship sub forum please, link below.

british-citizenship/

1. You can apply for ILR no sooner than within 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your initial visa issue date, ie. within 28 days before 30th May 2022.

2. Yes, the letter needs to state the 'foreseeable future' sentence.

3. Extend her PBS Dependent visa. It will be a 3 year extension.

4. No you don't, however your dependent must apply for an extension before their visa expires.

5. For your ILR it is form Set(O) https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... -form-seto For your dependent extension it is the Skilled Worker Dependent visa https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/ ... d-children

I hope you are well. I am on a Tier 2 visa ( issued 30/05/2017 and expires 03/07/2022). My wife joined me later as a dependent and her BRP details are as follows: issue date 24/04/2018 and expiry date 03/07/2022.

6. You can ONLY apply to register a child as British AFTER you have received your ILR and ILR BRP card.

7. Without know what your 'bad experience' was as you don't give details, it is difficult to comment, however bad experiences often are the result of the applicant misunderstanding the rules. The applications you need to make are not complicated or difficult.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nassimcoul
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by Nassimcoul » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:54 am

Thank you so much CR001 for your prompt and detailed response. I really can't find the right words to thank you! God bless you.

One last thing, is it possible to share a template of the letter supplied by the employer, please? This is because my employer is not experienced with ILR applications.

With regards to question number 7, my wife got her PBS dependent visa rejected once because of us not providing evidence of subsisting relationship, even though she submitted our marriage certificate. Their website did not mention anything about subsisting relationship when we applied for that in 2017. In fact, their decision was based on a document that was hidden somewhere on the web. However, when we re-applied in 2018 with photos, they granted her visa. So yes, that was the bad experience we had with UKVI.

Many thanks ad best wishes,

Mouls

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:12 pm

One last thing, is it possible to share a template of the letter supplied by the employer, please? This is because my employer is not experienced with ILR applications.
indefinite-leave-to-remain/employer-let ... 76413.html
With regards to question number 7, my wife got her PBS dependent visa rejected once because of us not providing evidence of subsisting relationship, even though she submitted our marriage certificate. Their website did not mention anything about subsisting relationship when we applied for that in 2017. In fact, their decision was based on a document that was hidden somewhere on the web. However, when we re-applied in 2018 with photos, they granted her visa. So yes, that was the bad experience we had with UKVI.
This was your error and not a UKVI error or a 'hidden document somewhere on the web'. A marriage cert alone is not sufficient for an initial visa or an extension. The rules clearly state you needed to provide evidence of subsisting relationship.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nassimcoul
Newly Registered
Algeria

ILR Salary query

Post by Nassimcoul » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:35 am

Dear Immigrationboards members and moderators,

I am on a 5-year Tier 2 visa that is due to expire in July 2022. Moreover, I hold a PhD and I am a University lecturer, my salary is currently 39K. I am planning to apply for ILR next year. However, reading from the GOV website, I was not sure about whether I need to meet the going salary of £40700 or 80% of it? Are PhD level occupations not exempt from demonstrating the full salary?

Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards,

Mouls

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR Salary query

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:53 pm

the job is a PhD-level occupation under SOC codes 2111, 2112, 2113, 2114, 2119, 2150 or 2311 (note this is not the same as the list of occupations which are eligible for PhD points)
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Nassimcoul
Newly Registered
Algeria

Super Priority service for ILR?

Post by Nassimcoul » Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:49 pm

Dear Immigratioboards members,

I am planning to apply for ILR for Tier 2 route in June 2022. Does anyone know if the priority and super-priority services are available? The reason for my question is that I read somewhere that: "‘Priority’ and ‘super-priority visa services have been temporarily suspended for the new study, work and family visa applications.

Thank you in advance fo you help

Kind regards,

Mouls

procyon
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Super Priority service for ILR?

Post by procyon » Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:33 am

I think this might only apply to visa applications from outside the UK: the official page on estimated wait times for out-of-country applications states that priority services aren't available due to the Ukrainian refugee situation (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... ide-the-uk) but I don't see any similar note on the equivalent page for in-country applications (https://www.gov.uk/guidance/visa-decisi ... r-decision).

Also, looking at the timeline thread, a few people were able to reserve Priority / Super Priority appointments in late March, and https://www.ukvcas.co.uk doesn't refer to any changes to normal operations.

But it would be good to know if there's any affect on in-country applications as well: I was planning to apply this month, but since I have important travel coming up ~4 weeks from now there's no sense bothering if the priority services aren't available.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 08, 2022 11:24 am

Nassimcoul wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:49 pm
Dear Immigratioboards members,

I am planning to apply for ILR for Tier 2 route in June 2022. Does anyone know if the priority and super-priority services are available? The reason for my question is that I read somewhere that: "‘Priority’ and ‘super-priority visa services have been temporarily suspended for the new study, work and family visa applications.

Thank you in advance fo you help

Kind regards,

Mouls
Online Application - Why there is no Super Priority Service Option ?
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Iprags
Newly Registered

Post by Iprags » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:19 pm

Hi Mouls,

Yes, both services are available.
Super priority fess is £800 and priority fees is £500.
Last week I spoke to my solicitor and she gave me this information.
Another think which I want to mention here that now its more than a months waiting time to get an appointment.
Better you take appointment in end of April if you are thinking to apply in June.
Or other option is pay £125 to get nearer date.
Hope it helps.

Regards,
Prags

procyon
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:21 am

Is there a way to check what appointments are available without actually submitting an application? It looks like my employer is finally going to get me the documents I need to submit the ILR application today, but since it's now less than 4 weeks to my next trip I'm worried that there won't be an appointment that will get me a decision in time before I'm due to leave, even if I do Super Priority.

procyon
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by procyon » Wed Apr 13, 2022 4:09 pm

procyon wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:21 am
Is there a way to check what appointments are available without actually submitting an application? It looks like my employer is finally going to get me the documents I need to submit the ILR application today, but since it's now less than 4 weeks to my next trip I'm worried that there won't be an appointment that will get me a decision in time before I'm due to leave, even if I do Super Priority.
OK, I asked someone I know who has some familiarity with the process and their response was that there is indeed no formal way to check on appointment availability - the only way to find out is to actually submit an application, or ask around to find someone who has. Frustrating. Probably worth making a new thread to see if anyone has recent experience booking an appointment on a reasonable timescale.