ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child born abroad to a British Father (By Neutralization)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Child born abroad to a British Father (By Neutralization)

Post by jgirgis85 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:39 pm

Hi all, I am British by Neutralization meaning I was not born in the UK.

So my question is if my wife went to our home country to give birth there would our child be British?

And what is the procedure that we need to follow?

Also does the child need any form of Visa to travel to the UK after he/she is born?

Thanks

secret.simon

Re: Child born abroad to a British Father (By Neutralization)

Post by secret.simon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:46 pm

If your child were born abroad, they would be British citizens by descent automatically and would be able to apply for a British passport directly.

However, their children (your grandchildren) would not be British citizens automatically if they (your grandchildren) were born abroad.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:15 pm

Thanks Simon for your fast reply and the helpful answer.

So what should I do to get my child back to the UK? We are just planning to give birth abroad but will come back to the UK after the birth with few months.

Can we just travel with the baby to the UK and apply for their passport once we arrive to the UK or do we need to apply for it in the local British Embassy abroad and get the passport of the child sorted before we can travel?

jgirgis85
Newly Registered
Mood:
Egypt

Post by jgirgis85 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:12 pm

Ignore me :) I realized that it's a stupid question after searching for answers :) and that the new born baby needs a passport to travel back to the UK.

Thanks.