ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Character Immigration History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sid89
Newly Registered

Good Character Immigration History

Post by Sid89 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:06 pm

Hi Guys,
I am soo stressed out regarding good character requirement. I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this.
Had spouse of BC visa Exp date 5 Feb 2012
Marriage broke down 6/2011
Raised FLR (O) 3 Feb 2012
Subject Access Report shows curtailment considered not pursued.
Married to EEA spouse Feb 2013
Applied for EEA Residence Card and Withdraw FLR(O) which was still pending.
EEA application refused went to appeal, appeal not had any outcome, put fresh application and got residence card 2015.
Am I out of the good character requirement?

Thanks in advance guys.

London22
Member of Standing

Re: Good Character Immigration History

Post by London22 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:13 pm

Sid89 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:06 pm
Hi Guys,
I am soo stressed out regarding good character requirement. I would be very grateful if someone can help me with this.
Had spouse of BC visa Exp date 5 Feb 2012
Marriage broke down 6/2011
Raised FLR (O) 3 Feb 2012
Subject Access Report shows curtailment considered not pursued.
Married to EEA spouse Feb 2013
Applied for EEA Residence Card and Withdraw FLR(O) which was still pending.
EEA application refused went to appeal, appeal not had any outcome, put fresh application and got residence card 2015.
Am I out of the good character requirement?

Thanks in advance guys.
Nobody is out of good character policy .They apply this tool on children as well to refuse them citizenship. Nationality is on quota basis now.
If you haven't been working during the time without leave & can provide proof then there is a hope of getting approved if you get a sensible caseworker.But if a caseworker wants to refuse they can find tons of things from your case.If you have already PR it's worth waiting if money isn't the issue as PR is allows you almost same rights .

Sid89
Newly Registered

Re: Good Character Immigration History

Post by Sid89 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 am

Had Settled status since JAN 2020

I have been working through all this situation and my work which is a very reputable company have been checking my work status throughout this period.

"Where a person overstayed at some point in the 10 years prior to an application for
citizenship, discretion to overlook this breach will normally only be considered if it is
the sole adverse factor weighing against the person’s good character"

Is there any chances of discretion on this kind of case?

Thats the only adverse thing in my case unfortunately.