ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mata

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Mata » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Miss-Suz wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 am
Just so you know, in my DFR1 refusal letter, the Home Office encourage me to leave the country knowing that I am a parent of a British Citizen. So they just don’t care about the future of our children.
So, why did HO "encourage" you to leave the UK than applying for a deportation order? Most will agree with me that there is no country in the world with soft immigration rules. In fact, some of us come from countries with the toughest immigrations rules in the world compared to the UK. Once an immigration decision has been made, there is no right of appeal, review or reconsideration. So, at least, we have to understand that in the UK, you have a right to appear to certain decisions.

As for the UK, the HO will encourage and even send threats to scare you off. This happens quite often and also happened to me in the past. It is scaring initially, but you have to stand firm, know your rights and fight for them. An example, few years back my friend's application to extend her visa was refused and the letter threatened her that she must leave the UK immediately, otherwise she was going to be "deported". I told her the least they could do was to "administratively remove" her but still I couldn't the basis for this. We wrote a letter directly to then UKBA director, and explained to him why we felt the decision was wrong and for him provide us with the deportation order from the court. Few weeks later, HO wrote to her asking for her passport and an updated bank statement and she was granted leave to remain.

What I am trying to say is that don't get scared off by the HO office letters. There are there to do that. Their is their role, stop immigrants. So, you will have to stand firm against them. You will have to read lot as well around the UK immigration to understand your rights. Prepare yourself and don't leave it until the last minute. Surround yourself with people who know this area. Read forums like this as they are very very helpful. Be aware of some professionals out there who scare people so they can exploit them financially. I know some birth countries of birth might not the same as the UK but I always remained positive that if I didn't succeed, at least I had somewhere to go, i.e. my own country. Not being to live in the UK is not the end of the world.

Regarding Zambrano rights, HO has so far rejected the majority of EUSS applications that rely on Zambrano rights. Critics say that this has the potential to shut many carers out of the Settlement Scheme. The refusals are purely based on financial reasons and this is why HO is encouraging people to apply through other routes where you have pay a fee not only for the first application, but also for subsequent extensions.

However, Zambrano carers have Supreme Court's decision in Shah to rely on. The decision incorporates the approach of the Court of Justice, in Chavez Vilchez, Dereci, KA, etc., and reflects the complex position of Zambrano carers. The jurisprudence for the carers of children is now much closer to a human rights assessment than the (brief) Zambrano case itself, with a child’s ‘best interests’ and Article 7 of the Charter being relevant, as opposed to simply questions of Union citizenship and compulsion [NB: UK is no longer an EU member].

The Supreme Court Patel decision helps applicants more than the Court of Appeal version. The Court of Appeal Patel case led to unhelpful updates to the Derivative Residence Card Guidance, requiring a Zambrano application to be only a last resort and mandating a refusal if a human rights application had not been made earlier. The Guidance has not yet been changed and most of us know why this is the case. So, let's not get intimidated by the HO or others, rather, let's stay positive and focus on building strong legal (not political) arguments in our appeals against the HO. This is not a legal advise but to share my experience of dealing with not only the HO but other UK undertakings, let it be your landlord/estate agency. Don't be scared off. Know your position. Your rights. Research around. Fight for your rights. Stay positive.

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:07 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:09 pm
LULUBABY wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 pm
snooky wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Hi

HO is full of surprises so everything is normal.
Hi @snooky @lulubaby please can anyone show me a sample bundle i can use as a template to write . I have been reading Reg16 against the decision of the HO and according to the law I qualify. PLEASE PLEASE help me. Thank you
I used that same bundle Snooky posted. Remember Mubashir used it and Ngoo edited and used it too, for their DRF1 paper appeals too but because mine was EUSS and I had LTR, I used that same bundle but only the parts applicable to sole carer but I added Snooky's write up about Judge Neville 'after hearing a number of test cases .....' among other cases. The only thing I know I did differently in my submission for oral hearing was that 'I brought the whole discussion home'.
I kept on referring to what the HO (Respondent) said to me (The Applicant) in their response /decision, drawing analysis and comparing what the Judges said in those various cases/judgements with dates I mentioned, similar to my situation (the Applicant).
I mentioned that Zambrano carers (The Applicant) didn't need a card to be recognised (backed it by a case law/Judgement with the date).

There was something Obie said about 'advancing Zeldu' , (? I can't remember the spelling now, but know it starts with Z) in which he/she was replying lolwe in lolwe's contribution about Judge Grubb. I thought to myself ' lolwe said Obie is very good at Supreme Court cases, Obie believes in this Zambrano with ltr HO matter and sounds like Snooky - saying HO was wrong in the way they were acting towards Zambrano carers with LTR and believing in Zambrano appeal'. I quickly googled and kept searching till I found that judgement, read and used it.
Zambrano carers (The Applicant) had a right to reside, and also mentioned that if my rights had been recognised I would have already had a derivative card and spent my 5 years.
I also mentioned and talked about other judgements relating to Zambrano mentioned on this forum but discussed it as it relates / applies to my situation/HO EUSS refusal.
Apparently my write up still had some case laws / judgements without dates, (Oh lulubaby), so it was difficult figuring out which one I was talking about (I only realised a few days ago while reading the letter I received).

I mentioned lolwe's Judge Grubb contribution but unfortunately it couldn't be figured out because I put no date.

It is still early days but trust me if I can get this far, you can. It got to the point where I broke down in tears that I had lost all the pages I opened, only for my child to say 'calm down mummy' and showed me where he 'kept' all of them for me (only after I had promised him not to do it again) since he needed to do school work and couldn't believe 'one person' can open so many pages all over the screen on his computer. (Phew).

Read Snooky's recent post while replying to Gee4. I am already reading it and trying to take corrections.

Also read the recent Alvi Snooky talked about too.

Are those cases / Judgements called case law or judgement? ( I have no clue), but I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.

We shall overcome.
Thank you so much. I will look up all those cases and build my bundle . Thank you so much . God bless you 🙏
Hi

Hi @snooky @lulubaby please can anyone show me a sample bundle i can use as a template to write . I have been reading Reg16 against the decision of the HO and according to the law I qualify. PLEASE PLEASE help me. Thank you
[/quote]

Go for it what is rightfully yours. Fight them both left and right to secure it. HO has blind a lot of people and got away with murder.

Big ups

snooky

Post by snooky » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:09 pm

Mata wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:08 pm
Miss-Suz wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:27 am
Just so you know, in my DFR1 refusal letter, the Home Office encourage me to leave the country knowing that I am a parent of a British Citizen. So they just don’t care about the future of our children.
So, why did HO "encourage" you to leave the UK than applying for a deportation order? Most will agree with me that there is no country in the world with soft immigration rules. In fact, some of us come from countries with the toughest immigrations rules in the world compared to the UK. Once an immigration decision has been made, there is no right of appeal, review or reconsideration. So, at least, we have to understand that in the UK, you have a right to appear to certain decisions.

As for the UK, the HO will encourage and even send threats to scare you off. This happens quite often and also happened to me in the past. It is scaring initially, but you have to stand firm, know your rights and fight for them. An example, few years back my friend's application to extend her visa was refused and the letter threatened her that she must leave the UK immediately, otherwise she was going to be "deported". I told her the least they could do was to "administratively remove" her but still I couldn't the basis for this. We wrote a letter directly to then UKBA director, and explained to him why we felt the decision was wrong and for him provide us with the deportation order from the court. Few weeks later, HO wrote to her asking for her passport and an updated bank statement and she was granted leave to remain.

What I am trying to say is that don't get scared off by the HO office letters. There are there to do that. Their is their role, stop immigrants. So, you will have to stand firm against them. You will have to read lot as well around the UK immigration to understand your rights. Prepare yourself and don't leave it until the last minute. Surround yourself with people who know this area. Read forums like this as they are very very helpful. Be aware of some professionals out there who scare people so they can exploit them financially. I know some birth countries of birth might not the same as the UK but I always remained positive that if I didn't succeed, at least I had somewhere to go, i.e. my own country. Not being to live in the UK is not the end of the world.

Regarding Zambrano rights, HO has so far rejected the majority of EUSS applications that rely on Zambrano rights. Critics say that this has the potential to shut many carers out of the Settlement Scheme. The refusals are purely based on financial reasons and this is why HO is encouraging people to apply through other routes where you have pay a fee not only for the first application, but also for subsequent extensions.

However, Zambrano carers have Supreme Court's decision in Shah to rely on. The decision incorporates the approach of the Court of Justice, in Chavez Vilchez, Dereci, KA, etc., and reflects the complex position of Zambrano carers. The jurisprudence for the carers of children is now much closer to a human rights assessment than the (brief) Zambrano case itself, with a child’s ‘best interests’ and Article 7 of the Charter being relevant, as opposed to simply questions of Union citizenship and compulsion [NB: UK is no longer an EU member].

The Supreme Court Patel decision helps applicants more than the Court of Appeal version. The Court of Appeal Patel case led to unhelpful updates to the Derivative Residence Card Guidance, requiring a Zambrano application to be only a last resort and mandating a refusal if a human rights application had not been made earlier. The Guidance has not yet been changed and most of us know why this is the case. So, let's not get intimidated by the HO or others, rather, let's stay positive and focus on building strong legal (not political) arguments in our appeals against the HO. This is not a legal advise but to share my experience of dealing with not only the HO but other UK undertakings, let it be your landlord/estate agency. Don't be scared off. Know your position. Your rights. Research around. Fight for your rights. Stay positive.
Hi

Good courage and nice piece.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Hi@snooky i have received an email from the presenting officer requesting that I send my evidence to them but I haven’t received anything from them . Is this the normal process ?

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:10 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:10 pm
Hi@snooky i have received an email from the presenting officer requesting that I send my evidence to them but I haven’t received anything from them . Is this the normal process ?
Hi

You need fon the ftt to telling them you haven't received anything from the HO.

If it is normal!!!!. Hmmm with HO everything is possible but check with them if they have your current address as HO will send to you documents through your last known address

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:10 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Hi

If it is normal!!!!. Hmmm with HO everything is possible but check with them if they have your current address as HO will send to you documents through your last known address
Reading through the thread, I know they should send me their bundle.It’s from a firm called xxxxxxxxx . It was sent via email. They all have my cure address. Also they got my name wrong at the beginning of the email but it’s quoting my appeal number . I will contact the court on Monday. It is signed off by a presenting officer .

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:42 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 pm
snooky wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Hi

Reading through the thread, I know they should send me their bundle.It’s from a firm called xxxxxxxxx . It was sent via email. They all have my cure address. Also they got my name wrong at the beginning of the email but it’s quoting my appeal number . I will contact the court on Monday. It is signed off by a presenting officer .
Hello

Good. Give the courts a call and they could help you with Lunar House Appeals department contacts for you to deal with them.

The Good news is if HO fails to send you bundle then meaning they haven't sent one to the courts too. This is a strick of opportunity for you. Meaning it is in your favour

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:42 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Hi

Hello

Good. Give the courts a call and they could help you with Lunar House Appeals department contacts for you to deal with them.

The Good news is if HO fails to send you bundle then meaning they haven't sent one to the courts too. This is a strick of opportunity for you. Meaning it is in your favour
Thank you so much @snooky . My appeal is at Taylor house . I will contact them on Monday. I am panicking a bit going against the barristers of the home office. Thank you for your all your help 🙏

snooky

Post by snooky » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 pm
snooky wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
snooky wrote:

Hi

Hello

Thank you so much @snooky . My appeal is at Taylor house . I will contact them on Monday. I am panicking a bit going against the barristers of the home office. Thank you for your all your help 🙏
Don't be afraid. No barrister from HO will be there. Maybe HO wouldn't even be at the Court on that day because the HO prioritise their cases and represent the one they think there's prospect of winning because of ones bad history.

Again HOPOs are not barristers. They are school leavers who are trained within a month to take some cases.

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:04 pm

snooky wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:58 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
snooky wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:

Hello

Don't be afraid. No barrister from HO will be there. Maybe HO wouldn't even be at the Court on that day because the HO prioritise their cases and represent the one they think there's prospect of winning because of ones bad history.

Again HOPOs are not barristers. They are school leavers who are trained within a month to take some cases.
Hi @snooky sorry it’s me again. Please do you have a sample witness statement I can use a guide to writing mine for my appeal ?

Thank you

snooky

Post by snooky » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:04 pm
snooky wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:
snooky wrote:

Hello

Hi @snooky sorry it’s me again. Please do you have a sample witness statement I can use a guide to writing mine for my appeal ?

Thank you
Hi for your attention
Attachments
Screenshot_20210417-223810_Word.jpg
Screenshot_20210417-223810_Word.jpg (379.71 KiB) Viewed 1656 times
Screenshot_20210417-223454_Word.jpg
Screenshot_20210417-223454_Word.jpg (308.55 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:59 pm

snooky wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:37 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:04 pm
snooky wrote:
Fustrated2019 wrote:

Thank you
Hi for your attention
Thank you very much

alana7
Grenada

Post by alana7 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm

One correction that I see is that the IHs fee has changed it is now 1560 not 1000 pounds. Thank you Snooky I may use this if I have to appeal as well.

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:24 am

alana7 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:06 pm
One correction that I see is that the IHs fee has changed it is now 1560 not 1000 pounds. Thank you Snooky I may use this if I have to appeal as well.
Thanks a lot

Is so ridiculous that IHS fees has sky rocketed. How does HO think one would get such an helicopter money from to do Appendix FM application as they (HO) keep rejecting people when they apply for a fee waiver too also.

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by adeolu100 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm

Hello Everyone,
I was diagnosed with psychosis in 2013 whereby I was hearing voices, hallucinating and having paranoid ideation. It's a life long illness so I still take anti psychotics so I can be well. I have had 2 relapses. Presently, I'm on universal credit limited capability to work, and PIP is in appeal. I'm a British Citizen.
I got married in 2019 and I want my wife to apply for EEA Permit under Zambrano as my primary carer. I need prompting to do virtually all tasks and she supports, cares and advises me mentally. How do I go about the application?
I can't apply for Spouse visa cos even if I get PIP, I can't pay visa and surcharge fees as I don't have the money and capacity. Fee waiver are granted for in country application. My wife is not in UK She's outside uk and we got married outside UK as well.
I will appreciate your advise.
Thanks.

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:07 pm

adeolu100 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:24 pm
Hello Everyone,
I was diagnosed with psychosis in 2013 whereby I was hearing voices, hallucinating and having paranoid ideation. It's a life long illness so I still take anti psychotics so I can be well. I have had 2 relapses. Presently, I'm on universal credit limited capability to work, and PIP is in appeal. I'm a British Citizen.
I got married in 2019 and I want my wife to apply for EEA Permit under Zambrano as my primary carer. I need prompting to do virtually all tasks and she supports, cares and advises me mentally. How do I go about the application?
I can't apply for Spouse visa cos even if I get PIP, I can't pay visa and surcharge fees as I don't have the money and capacity. Fee waiver are granted for in country application. My wife is not in UK She's outside uk and we got married outside UK as well.
I will appreciate your advise.
Thanks.
Hi

It shall be well and sorry to hear your struggle

1. To the question of Zambrano, it is technically to late to apply for Zambrano derivative as Britain has left the UK, implementation period over and now it's close.

The EU settlement scheme also got only two months and some weeks to go and such application would be difficult though she could. The threshold of adult Zambrano is very difficult to meet.

2. Question about fee waiver isn't only done with in country application. You can apply for fee waiver under Appendix FM for out country application too.

As to fee waivers for entry clearance applications, the policy entitled ‘ECB06: entry clearance fees’

On 5/3/21 the HO was defeated again on their high threshold requirement for fee waiver entry clearance applications. The was a Upper Tribunal case of (Dzineku-Liggison) v SSHD [2020] UKUT 00222 (IAC).

So you best option to ask her to go for Appendix FM application.

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by adeolu100 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 pm

Thanks Snooky for your response.
Could you please explain the high threshold that is difficult to meet for Zambrano?
I applied to HO for fee waiver few months back and I was told I qualify in the 10 year private life route but i didn't meet the requirement for 5 year parent / Partner route as I wasn't yet in receipt of PIP and as we speak my PIP is still in appeal.
How do I apply for fee waiver with the new Upper tribunal appeal?

Here's the link that family permit is still onging for Zambrano. You can have a look at family permitbon HO website as well.

Thanks for the good wirk on this thread Snooky.

Please see link below:

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/deriva ... -residence

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by adeolu100 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Hi Snooky,
I forgot to add that HO said in my fee waiver application that a private life apication can't be made outside UK.
Perhaps when I get PIP, I can use the link of the upper tribunal judgement if forwarded to me for 5 year route fee waiver. The last paragraph of the fee waiver decision says HO is unable to grant fee waiver for out of county application.
Please get back to me on how to use upper tribunal judgement and further information on high threshold for Zambrano.

Kind regards,

snooky

Post by snooky » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:43 pm

adeolu100 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:11 pm
Thanks Snooky for your response.
Could you please explain the high threshold that is difficult to meet for Zambrano?
I applied to HO for fee waiver few months back and I was told I qualify in the 10 year private life route but i didn't meet the requirement for 5 year parent / Partner route as I wasn't yet in receipt of PIP and as we speak my PIP is still in appeal.
How do I apply for fee waiver with the new Upper tribunal appeal?

Here's the link that family permit is still onging for Zambrano. You can have a look at family permitbon HO website as well.

Thanks for the good wirk on this thread Snooky.

Please see link below:

https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/deriva ... -residence
Hi

The Zambrano derivative is coming from EU wider laws not the EU articles or charter so in a nutshell, it is a principle.

The Upper Tribunal and Supreme Court all determined how the Zambrano principle must and the its approach.

The case is Patel vs SSHD. With both cases the judges emphasis was on minor British children because children under 18 could not exercise their treaty right. That is why article 20 of the TFEU was the main factor.
This article stops discrimination against the children who could not move to another member state just because naturally they can't travel by themselves to settle with their TCN family members.

With current HO policy on fee waiver, those under the 5 year route are not entitle to benefit from free application. Any such move will put the person to the 10 year route. Whether that HO policy is lawful depends on the courts but so far no one has tested the law.

Zambrano derivative under eea is done and dusted. Home Office isn't taken new applicants except from those who has applied and sent their application to them on or before 31. 12. 20.

Is all about the arguments you make and supporting documents to demonstrate your eligibility. Upper Case must be followed by the HO as the never appeal to the supreme Court.

If your application is refused then you can go to court and cite the case and its points of relevant then the judge will allow it

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by adeolu100 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:33 am

Thanks for showing empathy and all your efforts.
Applying for the fee waiver for spouse,10 year route for out of country application means quoting the relevant regulations and using the old fee waiver application forms. Am I right?
If not, do I email them with my eligibility criteria. Thanks

snooky

Post by snooky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:10 am

adeolu100 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:33 am
Thanks for showing empathy and all your efforts.
Applying for the fee waiver for spouse,10 year route for out of country application means quoting the relevant regulations and using the old fee waiver application forms. Am I right?
If not, do I email them with my eligibility criteria. Thanks
Yes you have to cite it as HO though accepted the UT ruling and promised a new guidance, we are all still waiting for such an amended guidance to come out.

The type of application though is spouse, must be done on HUMAN RIGHT basis.

But remember that your spouse should also meet the requirements. HO is all about court. Your cover letter must have a detailed UT ruling especially the judges points and decisions as a citation.

When it's refused, you will have to go for JR to force them implement the case law.

As I keep saying here, HO best interest is money making not your welfare but the law is the ultimate paradise and we all subscribe to it irrespective of executive power or non.

HO call centre staff and caseworkers always ar tines give misleading information and applies unbounded guidance to refuse case just because it the case law has been given to them as a guidance.

Is all about your one drop of blood of fight to take what is yours

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by adeolu100 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:32 am

Thanks. She meets the requirements. She has passed her English Test. I'm also in receipt of UC, limited capability to work. The only benefit left is PIP which is ongoing. Should we make an application without PIP or wait till it's approved?
Thanks a lot.
Kind regards

snooky

Post by snooky » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:16 am

adeolu100 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:32 am
Thanks. She meets the requirements. She has passed her English Test. I'm also in receipt of UC, limited capability to work. The only benefit left is PIP which is ongoing. Should we make an application without PIP or wait till it's approved?
Thanks a lot.
Kind regards

To apply without PIP should be a matter solely for you as I can't advice you legally but can share the law with you.

You will have to a social service statement or ask slamm to do a good statement for you to add it to the application.

adeolu100
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by adeolu100 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:28 am

Thanks Snooky

Catalley09
Zimbabwe

Post by Catalley09 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:35 am

update,

nothing much is happening here been busy writing and re writing the court bundles and gathering evidence, l did an administrative review with a lawyer as others have said, lawyer kept pushing for me to apply for Appendix FM but l declined as they said its free so decided to it myself with all your help from here. l received an email regarding EUSS admin review to say they need more time as 28 days have passed and l have sent my bundle to Taylor house so now just a waiting game. Hopefully soon will hear something fingers x