ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

View and prove status - strange issue

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ukb
Newly Registered

View and prove status - strange issue

Post by Ukb » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:23 pm

Hi All,

I applied to convert my pre settled to settled status two weeks ago.

Today I tried to check and see my status online via the view and prove status (link below)

https://www.gov.uk/view-prove-immigration-status

Strangely, it has updated new photo (which I submitted in settled status application) but all other details are still from older pre settled status (i.e. status is still showing as pre settled with expiry date from the old pre settled brp )

Any idea, what might be the reason that only photo has been updated but not the status ?

Also no biometric request, no email, no coa so far.

Many thanks in advance.

Ukb
Newly Registered

Re: View and prove status - strange issue

Post by Ukb » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:46 am

Any idea any one please ?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:01 pm

I had that as well. I can only guess that pictures automatically replace older pictures, but the status itself takes time. Mine took 1.5 months.

If you already have a biometrics card you will not be prompted to replace it. You'll have to apply for that separately.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ukb
Newly Registered

Post by Ukb » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:24 pm

Thanks.

It is two weeks since I applied for settled status. So most probably application is still under progress...

Btw. Since I already have pre-settled, so I guess I will not have biometrics again. But what about COA document, did you get CoA when you have applied for settled status ?

Ukb
Newly Registered

Post by Ukb » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:25 pm

kamoe wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:01 pm
I had that as well. I can only guess that pictures automatically replace older pictures, but the status itself takes time. Mine took 1.5 months.

If you already have a biometrics card you will not be prompted to replace it. You'll have to apply for that separately.
Thanks.

It is two weeks since I applied for settled status. So most probably application is still under progress...

Btw. Since I already have pre-settled, so I guess I will not have biometrics again. But what about COA document, did you get CoA when you have applied for settled status ?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:21 pm

Ukb wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:25 pm
Since I already have pre-settled, so I guess I will not have biometrics again.
What determines if you will have a biometrics appointment as part of the process is not wether you are obtaining Settled or Pre-Settled status, but how you applied for it. If you applied using an existing biometrics card (e.g. your existing EEA RC), then a biometrics process will not be included because it is assumed you can still keep using your card.

However, I suppose you can see the flaws in the Home Office logic here. There are two things:

1. In theory you do not need a new biometric card, but in reality, existing EEA RC cards will expire on June 2021, so you will have to apply to convert your card by then, if you intend to travel in and out of the UK (if you do not intend to travel then you could just keep your electronic status and stop at that).

2. Even if you already upgraded your EEA RC onto a EUSS biometrics card when you obtained pre-settled status, now that you will upgrade to Settled Status you might want a card that actually reflects your new status instead (with Settled Status printed on it). Same thing, for this you need to apply separately for the card once you get the status. Again, not mandatory but probably convenient in more than one way.
But what about COA document, did you get CoA when you have applied for settled status ?
The COA is automatically generated and sent as a PDF attachment the very second you applied.

Check your emails, you probably have it and have not seen it? (Subject: "Your EU Settlement Application (UAN:XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX)" )
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.

Ukb
Newly Registered

Post by Ukb » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:51 am

But what about COA document, did you get CoA when you have applied for settled status ?
The COA is automatically generated and sent as a PDF attachment the very second you applied.

Check your emails, you probably have it and have not seen it? (Subject: "Your EU Settlement Application (UAN:XXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX)" )
Thank you so much for explaining. I had a pre-settled brp already which I have sent with application to switch to settled status. But I have not received any COA so far. I have checked my email and spam but I cannot see any COA at all. Maybe Home Office misspelt the email address ? Now since, I can see that photo has been updated on the view and prove link, that means the file has been opened, so I guess I should Home Office to send/resend COA right ?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Yes I suppose best is to contact them and inquiry about it.

Ukb
Newly Registered

Post by Ukb » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:55 am

kamoe wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:00 pm
Yes I suppose best is to contact them and inquiry about it.
Thank you so much kamoe for answering my queries.
Btw - when you applied was it online or via paper. Since I applied via paper (because of being a surinder singh case), so could that be the reason I have still not received COA (even after two weeks of sending the application for settled status) ?

kamoe

Post by kamoe » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:17 am

I applied online. You are right. Paper applications can introduce typing errors, and also take some more time, so this might be the reason why. Again, nothing preventing you from contacting them and inquiry.