ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Want to apply ILR Based on 10 years continuous residence. Which category?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Divu

Want to apply ILR Based on 10 years continuous residence. Which category?

Post by Divu » Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:44 pm

Hello Friends!

I have been a continuous residence since 2010 and I am currently on my spouse visa. I want to apply for my ILR. Which category do I come under? I understand Apply to settle and Apply to extend are different.
    Am I right in thinking this would be the right form to go for? https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1614773564
      Which SET category do I come under? Just want to make sure I am not missing anything obvious.
        Also I am assuming I should definitely take my life in UK test?

Apologies if the questions sound too basic! Any reassurance would be greatly appreciated.
        Thank You in advance!

CR001
        Mood:
        South Africa

Re: Want to apply ILR Based on 10 years continuous residence. Which category?

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:26 pm

It is form SET LR.

You need liuk and English B1 requirements.
        Char (CR001 not Casa)
        In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
        Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Divu

Post by Divu » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Thank You CR001!! I just booked my LIUK test.
        B1 Requirements - I am not aware of this at all! (I have done my masters in UK btw)

I am trying to find the right guidance document and not sure if this is right?
        https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 6.0ext.pdf

Also any idea on where to get the list of required documents because gov.uk only says they need the following?

Documents you need:
        - a current passport or other valid travel ID
        - your [biometric residence permit
        - all the passports you’ve held during your time in the UK

Thank so much again!

CR001
        Mood:
        South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:42 pm

Correct guidance.

Yk degree is sufficient to meet the English requirment.

Passports, liuk and degree is all you need.
        Char (CR001 not Casa)
        Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Thank You so much CR001!

I always thought I would have to make this whole big list of my entries and exit's from the country! But I guess things have changed now. Thanks for your guidance!

CR001
        Mood:
        South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49 pm

You do have to list your absences in the inline form.
        Char (CR001 not Casa)

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
        Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:49 pm
        You do have to list your absences in the inline form.
        Oh that's good to know! Thank You

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue May 04, 2021 2:32 pm

Hello! Just a quick question. My Life in UK test is coming up very soon. I just wanted to know how does it work in terms of submitting the online application form and booking the super-priority appointment. Never done it through the appointment method before, sorry.
          Do I get to book the appointment after the form is submitted?
            Do we have a rough idea of what the availabilities are for these super-priority appts?
              Also, can I start filling and saving the form now rather than waiting to finish my test? Because all I would need will be to enter the exam result number I assume. Just to speed up the process.

Sorry, my visa expires end of July so trying to judge the situation. (I am currently on my first part of my spouse visa)

CULLINAN
              Respected Guru
              Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 04, 2021 2:45 pm

Steps to follow after completing the form online.
              Depending on your visa category, you will fill the appropriate form online:

Step 1: Pay [fee + super priority fees (if available - not all categories are eligible, upon your choice)] and submit application via UKVI ONLINE.

Tip: Date of application is the date you pay and submit online, biometrics date is irrelevant.

Step 2: After payment, you will reach “further actions page.” If you click on “book an appointment,” system will reroute you to create an account on UKVCAS where you can upload your documents and book an appointment.

Tip: You are sent an access code to set up an account on UKVCAS which usually lands up in Junk folder.

Step 3: Booking an appointment with UKVCAS.

You must book an appointment now. IDV is the past except T4. You get 45 working days after submission.

Tip: You are given a deadline to submit your biometrics on the further actions page. Since the backlog for biometrics has subsided, you should meet the deadline.

Step 4: Now you can submit your documents to UKVI via UKVCAS portal even before your biometrics. The option usually appears when you have uploaded all your documents, sign out and sign in again. The option can be found on the “document upload page” right at the bottom.

Note: Self-submission is OPTIONAL. If you want to benefit from the new feature, you must upload and self-submit up to 48hrs before the appointment. If you do NOT want to self-submit, you can upload ANYTIME before the appointment date and submit at the appointment itself. Self-submission is recommended as you may save some processing time - your documents are sent to UKVI even before biometrics in this case. You can self-submit only ONCE. But if you forget to upload any documents, you can always upload later on (after self-submission) and submit at the appointment then (you will not be able to self-submit again but can submit at appointment again).

Read “self-submit” “submit” “upload” separately.

Tip: The best approach would be to benefit from the new self-submit feature.

Step 5: Once the process as stated above is completed, you should wait for a decision.
              Cullinan
              You can start/edit/save before you submit at your convenience.

Just to clarify, do not confuse the Super priority service (SP) with UKVCAS appointment slots.

SP is provided by UKVI and the time count starts after biometrics appointment.

Biometrics appointments are provided by UKVCAS on behalf of UKVI.

There are free (very less) or paid slots upon availability. Biometrics appointments run at a 28 days lag these days due to corona delays.
              Suggestion for booking biometrics appointments, might be helpful to new users:

You have 45 working days to book an appointment (excluding Sat/Sun) after online submission. These days biometrics appointments are running at a 28 days lag i.e. you get an appointment for the 28th day unless you get to find an earlier cancellation.

My suggestion:
              1) Login UKVCAS booking system 12 AM midnight GMT (1am BST) to look for appointments.

2) Look for different centres and locations if you are willing to travel.

3) Look continuously for 3/4 days regularly (after submission and before booking a slot) to find an earlier cancellation or free appointments during the day/after midnight. For free appointments look especially between 6am-9am in the morning. Free options are offered by Core Centres only (week days).

4) If you fail and can not find any earlier cancellations or free appointments for next 3/4 days after submission, book one logging in at 12 AM midnight GMT. You will get one for the 28th day (has to be a week day for better availability). If the 28th day is a Sat/Sun, availability will be almost nil.

I would suggest you try your luck for 3/4 days before you book one. Once you book an appointment, you will not be able to see any more availability.
              Cullinan
              Super priority:
              https://www.gov.uk/faster-decision-visa-settlement
              Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue May 04, 2021 7:29 pm

@CULLINAN This is super useful!
              So there are 2 appointments you need to make, one for Biometrics and documents and the second for Super priority. Or wait, there is no appointment for super priority? It's just a service to get it done quicker.

CR001
              Mood:
              South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue May 04, 2021 7:32 pm

Divu wrote:
              Tue May 04, 2021 7:29 pm
              @CULLINAN This is super useful!
              So there are 2 appointments you need to make, one for Biometrics and documents and the second for Super priority. Or wait, there is no appointment for super priority? It's just a service to get it done quicker.
              One appointment for biometrics at ukcvas only.

Super priority is a UKVI service, ie caseworkers processing your application under super priority service.
              Char (CR001 not Casa)

CULLINAN
              Respected Guru
              Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Or wait, there is no appointment for super priority? It's just a service to get it done quicker.
              Correct.

As @CR001 said, one appointment for biometrics only. SP time count starts AFTER the biometrics appointment. Quick processing additional £800 for SP which you pay together when you submit your application online at Step 1 as above.
              These days normally biometrics appointments run at a 28 days lag so you will need to wait for that anyways unless you get lucky to find an earlier biometrics appointment as suggested above.
              Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Divu

Post by Divu » Tue May 04, 2021 8:57 pm

Thank You @CR001 and @ CULLINAN For swift response 👍

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm

Friends, my family back home is struggling and we just lost a member to covid. I will really need to go to support them. But my Spouse visa is running out in end of July. If I do go there and get stuck, is there possibilities of applying from outside the UK by any chance? I don't really know how to do this, if I am not able to make it back in time to send out any application. I can either do ILR or extend my spouse visa. I am aware this might also have an effect on the count on the number of days I spend outside UK etc.

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon May 10, 2021 2:37 pm

Divu wrote:
              Mon May 10, 2021 2:29 pm
              Friends, my family back home is struggling and we just lost a member to covid. I will really need to go to support them. But my Spouse visa is running out in end of July. If I do go there and get stuck, is there possibilities of applying from outside the UK by any chance? I don't really know how to do this, if I am not able to make it back in time to send out any application. I can either do ILR or extend my spouse visa. I am aware this might also have an effect on the count on the number of days I spend outside UK etc.
              I just read this in the guidance. So its doesn't really matter what I do now. I can come back and claim my 10 years residence? "Once an applicant has built up a period of 10 years’ continuous lawful residence,there is no limit on the length of time afterwards when they can apply. This means they could leave the UK, re-enter on any lawful basis, and apply for settlement from within the UK based on a 10 year period of continuous lawful residence they built up in the past. There is also nothing to prevent a person relying on a 10 year period that they may have relied on in a previous application or grant."

Divu

Post by Divu » Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 am

Any idea friends?

zimba
              Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 am

You cannot apply for ILR outside the UK. You must apply for a new visa and return. The qualifying period will be the date of application and counting 10 years backwards.
              Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Divu

Post by Divu » Sun May 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Just looking in UKVCAS site, does anyone know if it is still possible to get those next day biometrics appointment specified here? I am looking into ways to speed up my ILR process, will be going for super-priority anyways, but I also need an earlier biometric appointment to make this happen. Anyone with idea, please help. Thanks!
              https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon May 17, 2021 2:41 pm

Been trying to get hold of them in the phone but no luck :-(

Divu

Post by Divu » Mon May 17, 2021 3:50 pm

Hi Friends. Anyone have an idea on UKVCAS next day application status?

zimba
              Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm

This has nothing to do with UKVCAS. Priority service is a visa service offered by UKVI.
              We cannot constantly repeat the same thing everyday : indefinite-leave-to-remain/uk-ilr-10-ye ... l#p2008294
              Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Divu

Post by Divu » Thu May 20, 2021 5:37 pm

Just filling up my form and just have a quick question to confirm. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

I assume I list out my PSW, Tier 2, both of which required my proof for English? Which was basically my UK masters degree.

Should I include my first ever student visa too? I didn't need to write a test for it, I was offered the course after an interview.

Divu

Post by Divu » Thu May 20, 2021 5:45 pm

Zimba wrote:
              Mon May 17, 2021 5:34 pm
              This has nothing to do with UKVCAS. Priority service is a visa service offered by UKVI.
              We cannot constantly repeat the same thing everyday : indefinite-leave-to-remain/uk-ilr-10-ye ... l#p2008294
              Apologies! I just realised I didn't word my message properly. I did mean to ask about UKVCAS next day appointment for biometrics. (Not application, sorry!) I am aware of the difference from your previous message.

Next day appointments
              If you need to attend an appointment quickly, you can book a next day appointment at one of our service points. You will also be able to book any other appropriate extra service when you do so. Next day appointments are offered subject to availability and start from £112 per person on top of any other appointment-based fees.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services/detail

Divu

Post by Divu » Thu May 20, 2021 6:07 pm

Divu wrote:
              Thu May 20, 2021 5:37 pm
              Just filling up my form and just have a quick question to confirm. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Do you have a previous visa, entry clearance or leave to remain where you had to prove your knowledge of English?

I assume I list out my PSW, Tier 2, both of which required my proof for English? Which was basically my UK masters degree.

Should I include my first ever student visa too? I didn't need to write a test for it, I was offered the course after an interview.
              Also sorry a little follow up, do I need to send my UK masters degree with my application for proof?

CULLINAN
              Respected Guru
              Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu May 20, 2021 8:25 pm

If that is what you are relying on to fulfil the English Requirements, obviously you need to scan and submit a copy with the documentary evidence.