ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation question

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Naturalisation form AN questions

Post by Abiz1212 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:44 pm

Hi,
I am filing the form AN. There is a question that says do you have any dependant not apply with you at this time. I am not sure what to select. I am married to a British citizen and we have 2 kids who are British. Do I select yes or No? Pls kindly help. Tnx in advance

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Re: Naturalisation form AN questions

Post by Abiz1212 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 pm

My second confusing question is "when did you first arrive in the UK". As background, I first visited the UK in 2005 on visit visa and returned to home country, then several annual vacations on visit visa and in 2010 came on student visa and returned to home country in 2012. Then on a spouse visa 2016 which led to ilr. With the spouse visa application the question was clearer as it asked when you first entered the UK in which I used the 2005 date. With this form AN I don't know if I need to put down the 2005 date or the date I was granted spouse visa 2016. Pls help

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Post by Abiz1212 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:28 am

Abiz1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:44 pm
Hi,
I am filing the form AN. There is a question that says do you have any dependant not apply with you at this time. I am not sure what to select. I am married to a British citizen and we have 2 kids who are British. Do I select yes or No? Pls kindly help. Tnx in advance
Really need help on my questions. Tnx in advance

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Naturalisation question

Post by Abiz1212 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:23 am

Hi,
I am filing the form AN.
1). There is a question that says do you have any dependant not apply with you at this time. I am not sure what to select. I am married to a British citizen and we have 2 kids who are British. Do I select yes or No?

2). My second confusing question is "when did you first arrive in the UK". As background, I first visited the UK in 2005 on visit visa and returned to home country, then several annual vacations on visit visa and in 2010 came on student visa and returned to home country in 2012. Then on a spouse visa 2016 which led to ilr. With the spouse visa application the question was clearer as it asked when you first entered the UK in which I used the 2005 date. With this form AN I don't know if I need to put down the 2005 date or the date I was granted spouse visa 2016.

3). Under section that asked to select what applies whether employed, director etc not sure If i need to just select employed only or tick both because I have a Ltd company registered that I am named director but I am currently working as an employee with another company under PAYE and so not using my limited company infact no activity on my Ltd company. Pls help and tnx in advance

stegio80

Re: Naturalisation question

Post by stegio80 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 pm

Abiz1212 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:23 am
Hi,
I am filing the form AN.
1). There is a question that says do you have any dependant not apply with you at this time. I am not sure what to select. I am married to a British citizen and we have 2 kids who are British. Do I select yes or No?

2). My second confusing question is "when did you first arrive in the UK". As background, I first visited the UK in 2005 on visit visa and returned to home country, then several annual vacations on visit visa and in 2010 came on student visa and returned to home country in 2012. Then on a spouse visa 2016 which led to ilr. With the spouse visa application the question was clearer as it asked when you first entered the UK in which I used the 2005 date. With this form AN I don't know if I need to put down the 2005 date or the date I was granted spouse visa 2016.

3). Under section that asked to select what applies whether employed, director etc not sure If i need to just select employed only or tick both because I have a Ltd company registered that I am named director but I am currently working as an employee with another company under PAYE and so not using my limited company infact no activity on my Ltd company. Pls help and tnx in advance
1. If they are already UK citizenship, the answer is no.

2. the first date of the period on which you base your application.

3. Employed .

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Post by Abiz1212 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:34 pm
Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
I am filing the form AN.

3. Employed .
Many thanks for the response. If i understand correctly question 2 will be the 2016 date when i came on spouse visa. Yes or no

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 pm

Abiz1212 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 pm
stegio80 wrote:
Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
I am filing the form AN.

3. Employed .
Many thanks for the response. If i understand correctly question 2 will be the 2016 date when i came on spouse visa. Yes or no
Yes, that's correct. For instance, I will apply for UK naturalisation. I moved to the UK in 2015, but before that period I studied in the UK and, before that, I was here as a tourist. I will put 2015. Basically, you take into account the period of time that needs to be considered for your application, which is the period that makes you eligible for PR or naturalisation. Hope it helps.

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Post by Abiz1212 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:34 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:13 pm
Abiz1212 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:19 pm
stegio80 wrote:
Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
I am filing the form AN.

3. Employed .
Yes, that's correct. For instance, I will apply for UK naturalisation. I moved to the UK in 2015, but before that period I studied in the UK and, before that, I was here as a tourist. I will put 2015. Basically, you take into account the period of time that needs to be considered for your application, which is the period that makes you eligible for PR or naturalisation. Hope it helps.
Thanks alot for your help

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:39 am

Abiz1212 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:23 pm
My second confusing question is "when did you first arrive in the UK". As background, I first visited the UK in 2005 on visit visa and returned to home country, then several annual vacations on visit visa and in 2010 came on student visa and returned to home country in 2012. Then on a spouse visa 2016 which led to ilr. With the spouse visa application the question was clearer as it asked when you first entered the UK in which I used the 2005 date. With this form AN I don't know if I need to put down the 2005 date or the date I was granted spouse visa 2016. Pls help
It is the date when you came to UK with the intention of a long stay. So it will be 2010 in your case. However, the answer to this question will not impact your application anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:42 am

Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
Select yes and clarify in the notes at the end of the form that your children are British Citizens.
Under section that asked to select what applies whether employed, director etc not sure If i need to just select employed only or tick both because I have a Ltd company registered that I am named director but I am currently working as an employee with another company under PAYE and so not using my limited company infact no activity on my Ltd company. Pls help and tnx in advance
List as 2 different entries. The online form only lets you add one current job. You can enter the company where you are employed in the form. The company where you are a named director, add in the notes.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:42 am
Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
Select yes and clarify in the notes at the end of the form that your children are British Citizens.
Under section that asked to select what applies whether employed, director etc not sure If i need to just select employed only or tick both because I have a Ltd company registered that I am named director but I am currently working as an employee with another company under PAYE and so not using my limited company infact no activity on my Ltd company. Pls help and tnx in advance
List as 2 different entries. The online form only lets you add one current job. You can enter the company where you are employed in the form. The company where you are a named director, add in the notes.
1. I think the idea of this question is to check whether someone else could be eligible for naturalisation so I'd answer no, although yes with notes produces the same result.
2. For the period, it's definitely 2016, not 2010. Your 2010 period doesn't help you to qualify for nationality.
A friend of mine has recently applied for naturalisation and had the same issue. She didn't include the period that she spent as a student or tourist. She's been granted UK citizenship.
I have the same problem. I was here in 2009-2010 as a student, then left and came back in 2015. It'd not make much sense to include 2010. For PR guidelines the period would be 2015 so the same goes for naturalisation.
3. It's definitely employee. There is no activity on the company. Employment is mainly used to check whether or not you are in the UK, and for how long you were. If you add a note, it would also be fine.

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Post by Abiz1212 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 pm

stegio80 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
1. I think the idea of this question is to check whether someone else could be eligible for naturalisation so I'd answer no, although yes with notes produces the same result.
2. For the period, it's definitely 2016, not 2010. Your 2010 period doesn't help you to qualify for nationality.
A friend of mine has recently applied for naturalisation and had the same issue. She didn't include the period that she spent as a student or tourist. She's been granted UK citizenship.
I have the same problem. I was here in 2009-2010 as a student, then left and came back in 2015. It'd not make much sense to include 2010. For PR guidelines the period would be 2015 so the same goes for naturalisation.
3. It's definitely employee. There is no activity on the company. Employment is mainly used to check whether or not you are in the UK, and for how long you were. If you add a note, it would also be fine.
Thanks Cullinan and Stegio 80. Application submitted. Will update later. Biometrics in May

stegio80

Post by stegio80 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Abiz1212 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:34 pm
stegio80 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:24 am
CULLINAN wrote:
Abiz1212 wrote:
Hi,
Thanks Cullinan and Stegio 80. Application submitted. Will update later. Biometrics in May
Good luck! Let us know.