ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK ancestry extension - wanted to check on a few application questions before submitting

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kellyancestry
Newly Registered
Australia

UK ancestry extension - wanted to check on a few application questions before submitting

Post by kellyancestry » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm

Hi there

I'm currently in the UK on an Ancestry visa - unfortunately as I arrived in the UK 7 months after my visa was issued I don't yet qualify for an ILR so am applying for my ancestry extension. I'm filling in the forms online which seem relatively straight forward but had a few questions before I submit which I was hoping someone could help me, as a worry wart, with who may have gone through the same process:

Questions on the form
- It asks to list all medical treatment received: Is this just for NHS services, or all public and private health care? I ask as I have private health insurance and as such have received private health care but I'm assuming the question is getting at whether I'll be a drain on the health system or whether the NHS have forced me to pay?
- How do you record your GP services? Do you have to list every interaction with them or just the time period between the first and last appointment?

Evidence
- Do you submit the evidence at the same time you submit? Is it in the last step?
- In proving your ability to maintain living: Do I need to provide credit card statements as well?
- How far back should you show evidence on your ability to maintain living e.g. bank statements, payslips etc? I've seen 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months as advice!

Submitting
- I can't work out when the forms are 'submitted' - is it after the declaration? I haven't made it to the 'payments' page yet; is it submitted when you pay?
- I had heard you have to pay the surcharge first then the application fee and biometrics. Is that right?

Refusal
- I understand there's no right to appeal if it's refused, however for a number of reasons, I didn't realise that my visa was expiring in February and therefore I'm worried that if it's rejected I'll be out of the country. Is there a reapplication grace period similar to ILR that can be utilised for ancestry? Or will I need to leave the country at that time?

Hopefully someone can help me with my random questions! My visa is approaching being due so any responses to even some of the above questions would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Aceman
Newly Registered

Re: UK ancestry extension - wanted to check on a few application questions before submitting

Post by Aceman » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:52 am

hi there

I see no one assisted you, im in the same position now and busy doing my renewal application online... I looks straight forward but im so nervous especially as you say you cant appeal....

How did you go?