ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for T2 Gen dependant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Master999
India

ILR dependant

Post by Master999 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:51 pm

Hi

I have applied for my 10 years ILR route which is Set(LR) and waiting to give the Biometrices on 23rd April.

1. Is the priority service available for Set(LR), if so can I pay for it as I haven't given my Biometrics yet?
2. My dependants will not qualify for ILR yet and so I have to apply for thier visa. Could you please let me know what is the visa category for them as they have thier PBS dependant visa till 16-May.
3. Do I have to wait till my Biometrics and then apply for their dependant visa?
4. What is the visa fee and NHS surcharge and how long should I apply for?
5. On my ILR application, I was asked to put in 2 years address proofs, I only have the council tax bills for 2 years, will they be ok or should I put more proofs?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependant

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:08 pm

1. Yes available. You can't pay for it after you have submiyt the application online. You will have to withdraw your current application and apply and pay again and hope that super priority ootion comes up.

2. FLR M. Your spouse needs to meet the English and financial requirements.

3. Ideally yes.

4. £1033 visa fee and £1560 IHS fee. It is a 2.5 year visa

5. Set LR does NOT require evidence of address to be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:14 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

You mentioned that I need to withdraw my application and re-apply and hope the super -priority option comes up.
1. Is there any chance that it wouldn't come?

2. My dependants are my wife and 2 kids. Will the fee be same, if not please mention how much.

3. My wife got her NARIC certificates for English and her qualification. Regarding the financial requirement I have 40K job for which my employer can give me a letter. Is there any bank balance we need to show still?

Master999
India

Application resubmission Set (LR)

Post by Master999 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:48 pm

Hi,

I have submitted my Set(LR) application but dint give my Biometrics.

Since I now can apply for Priority service, if I withdraw my current application and resubmit so that I can use the priority service, will this have any effect on my decision.

Is this ok?

Before that is it sure that the Priority service is now open for Set(LR) ?
Else I will waste my appointment by with drawing, hence asking.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:18 pm

1. There are limited supper priority slots so if you apply again, you still might not get the option in the online application form.

2. £1033 visa fee each. £1560 IahS fee each.

3. You need to read the requirements for a spouse visa and what documents you must submit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:37 pm

Thanks CR0001,

If I cancel my current application , will I get the refund and how many days will it take.

You mentioned that the fee, is it same for 6 years old and 4 year old when compared to an adult?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:55 pm

If I cancel my current application , will I get the refund and how many days will it take.
You only get a refund if you have not attended the biomtric appoint. Refunds can take a few weeks.
You mentioned that the fee, is it same for 6 years old and 4 year old when compared to an adult?
It's the same fee for each applicant, regardless of whether it is a child or an adult.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Master999
India

Post by Master999 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:01 pm

Sorry I dint get your response.

As I now hold valid T2 ICT visa (till May 2021) and have applied for Set(LR) as I am qualified before 28 days.

Now if I withdraw my Set(LR) to apply again under Priority service, will my current visa T2 ICT stay valid and my stay in the UK is valid, isn't it?

Please dont mind as my question might sound silly, but can't take any bit of risk at this point, hence asking...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:05 pm

Now if I withdraw my Set(LR) to apply again under Priority service, will my current visa T2 ICT stay valid and my stay in the UK is valid, isn't it?
Your current visa doesn't cease or get cancelled simply because you submitted an online form. It remains valid if you withdraw.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Master999
India

Set LR super priority

Post by Master999 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:16 pm

Hi,

1. Has any managed to get the super priority option for Set LR?
2. Other than online form, can we have any other route where we can apply in super priority for Set LR?

zimba
Mood:

Re: Set LR super priority

Post by zimba » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:02 am

DO NOT start multiple posts :!:
Super priority service is available if UKVI can offer it. Online application is the only way
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Master999
India

Set LR application - Mistake for Passport issuing authority

Post by Master999 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:56 am

Hi,

I have submitted my Set(LR) application and then realised that for the current passport, the Issuing authority is mentioned as 'Birmingham' instead of 'Consulate General of India, Birmingham(UK)'

My Bio metrics appointment is due in 3 days

Is there any way to correct it at the appointment time as I now cant edit it from my side.
Or can I add a letter mentioning the mistake.

Please help.

MYA

Re: Set LR application - Mistake for Passport issuing authority

Post by MYA » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:41 am

You are overthinking, it does not matter, it’s understood that Indian passport is issued in Birmingham off course by Indian consulate.

Master999
India

ILR for T2 Gen dependant

Post by Master999 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:10 pm

Hi,

I was initially on T2 ICT from May 2011 till Aug 2016.
Switched within the UK to T2 General in Aug 2016 and got visa for 5 yrs (till Aug 2021). Also my wife on the dependant category with the same 5 years.
However she went to India in 2018 May and was back to UK in 2019 sep (Which is more than a year gap)

My question is, will she be eligible to apply her ILR along side me in Aug 2021.

Many thansk in advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for T2 Gen dependant

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:24 pm

Master999 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:10 pm
Hi,

I was initially on T2 ICT from May 2011 till Aug 2016.
Switched within the UK to T2 General in Aug 2016 and got visa for 5 yrs (till Aug 2021). Also my wife on the dependant category with the same 5 years.
However she went to India in 2018 May and was back to UK in 2019 sep (Which is more than a year gap)

My question is, will she be eligible to apply her ILR along side me in Aug 2021.

Many thansk in advance.
You said you applied for ILR under long residence above. She does not have 10 years of lawful residence to apply for ILR on her own under the long residence. She must switch to the family route and spend 5 years under that route.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice