ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving right to live and work when applying for ILR from Ancestry Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

MapleAndWaffles
Newly Registered
Canada

Proving right to live and work when applying for ILR from Ancestry Visa

Post by MapleAndWaffles » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:56 pm

I am on an ancestry visa and applying for Set(O) ILR when I got to the payment options it does not provide an option for any of the fast track options.

I am in an odd situation as I have a job but have been approached for a new opportunity. Now my visa is not tried to any employer but I dont know how I would show my right to live and work in the UK while my application is processing. I understand that on the standard route it can take up to 6 months but my right to live and work continues under the conditions of my visa. Can anyone advise me on how I prove my right to work during this application time? Will switching jobs impact my application?

I have hunted the uk gov web site for hours but cant find anything that makes this clear. My currently employer is also super unclear on this and has said if I dont get a new visa they might terminate me. So I am at a loss of how you prove these rights during the application. Thanks for any help on this.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Proving right to live and work when applying for ILR from Ancestry Visa

Post by manci » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:30 am

according to the UKVI website the super priority service should be available for your application:
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... estry-visa

In any case, once you submitted your in-time SET(O) application your present visa conditions, including your right to work, will continue under section 3c until a decision is made on the application.

Your current and prospective new employer can do an online check to confirm your right to work provided you agree for them to do it:
https://www.gov.uk/prove-right-to-work
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Proving right to live and work when applying for ILR from Ancestry Visa

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:36 am

This is fairly standard practice. Your new employer will need to perform right to work checks and get a positive response from UKVI using your application number (UAN) via Employer Checking Service: https://www.gov.uk/employee-immigration ... ent-status
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice