ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can someone travel to UK with visitor visa from red listed countries?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

PLANDID
Newly Registered
Mood:

Can someone travel to UK with visitor visa from red listed countries?

Post by PLANDID » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 pm

Hi, My mother already had visitor visa from (march 2021 to august 2021) before Bangladesh was put in red list by UK?

As guidance says British National, Irish National and those with residence right can only travel from red list countries. Of course they have to quarantine for 10 days in designated hotel.

Is she considered to have residence right for travelling purpose to UK as she already had visa obtained.

Please forward to share your experience if yourself or your family members travelled with visitor visa while on the red list.

secret.simon

Re: Can someone travel to UK with visitor visa from red listed countries?

Post by secret.simon » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:20 pm

I don't think that visitors are considered residents.

Indeed, for purposes such as voting and NHS usage, for instance, people on visit visas are expressly considered non-residents.

I think UK residents includes people residing in the UK on a non-visit visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:31 pm

PLANDID wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 pm
Hi, My mother already had visitor visa from (march 2021 to august 2021) before Bangladesh was put in red list by UK?

As guidance says British National, Irish National and those with residence right can only travel from red list countries. Of course they have to quarantine for 10 days in designated hotel.

Is she considered to have residence right for travelling purpose to UK as she already had visa obtained.

Please forward to share your experience if yourself or your family members travelled with visitor visa while on the red list.
No visit visa people aren't allowed if the country is in red list

absra
Newly Registered

Post by absra » Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:26 am

Yes, you can travel by spending 11 days in a third country not on the red list. Know few people on visit visas who have recently arrived from Pakistan via Turkey and US.

Ajeet143
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ajeet143 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:56 am

absra wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:26 am
Yes, you can travel by spending 11 days in a third country not on the red list. Know few people on visit visas who have recently arrived from Pakistan via Turkey and US.

Hi Absra, are you 100% certain about this? because we are planning something similar for my mother-in-law who holds the UK visitor visa and we want to be 100% sure before we execute the plan. I do not want to be in a position where she spends all this time in third country and refused entry at UK port.

I would like to draw attention of the moderators as well if they can shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated. Obviously there is a risk involved of the third country being put in red list with very little notice but we are happy to take that risk as long as she can get through the immigration in the UK after spending 11 days in third country.

Thanks!