ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse visa/ urgent help required please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nas228
Newly Registered

spouse visa/ urgent help required please

Post by nas228 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:46 am

Hi all,

My wife came on spouse visa in June 2012, at that time I was on point based tier1 general visa. I got British Passport in 2017 but because my wife could not pass the life in the uk test so I applied to extend her visa instead of applying Indefinite ILR. Home office put her on 5 years rout and now the 5 years have also completed but she still not able to pass the Life in the uk test. Her visa is expiring at the end of this moth, my question is that what visa i should apply and on what form.
I thank you for your support.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: spouse visa/ urgent help required please

Post by CR001 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:10 pm

What does her current brp say is her visa category?

Has she been in flr fp for 5 years? It is unclear from your post when you extended her visa instead of applying for ilr.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nas228
Newly Registered

Post by nas228 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:34 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:10 pm
What does her current brp say is her visa category?

Has she been in flr fp for 5 years? It is unclear from your post when you extended her visa instead of applying for ilr.
Thank you so very much for your prompt reply her BRP says "Resident Permit" on top and type of Permit is "SPOUSE/PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN.
She was qualified to apply for ILR in 2106 when I got mine as she has completed 5years on spouse visa but instead of ILR I applied for extension, she got 2.5 years visa and than extended again for 2.5 years. now that visa is expiring on 28th of April and she still could not pass the test and I am not sure what visa and on which form should I apply her visa.

nas228
Newly Registered

Post by nas228 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:02 pm

could some one please advise on this.
Thanks