ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Employment to Ltd Company

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gonzomagic
Newly Registered

Need for certificate for both B1 and Life in the UK as part of ILR

Post by gonzomagic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:45 am

Hi All,

I am in the process of applying for my MrsILR.

She has done B1 and Life in the UK.

During the application I entered the Unique references for each as requested.

The checklist from the application (generated at end) however does not request/list the documents as required?

Do I still need to include them seeing the codes have been entered (I assume these are sufficient for the HO, to find or trace up) or include none the less?

TIA

gonzomagic
Newly Registered

Re: Need for certificate for both B1 and Life in the UK as part of ILR

Post by gonzomagic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:57 am

just to add Life in the UK is just a pass sheet, which I understand is sufficient, not a certificate per say.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:11 pm

It is not required but you can upload a scan. LIUK has only a pass number
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

gonzomagic
Newly Registered

Post by gonzomagic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:25 pm

Zimba wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:11 pm
It is not required but you can upload a scan. LIUK has only a pass number
Yeah, we did the old version so was given a print out/pass sheet post the exam completion. So can include that with the paperwork, but wondered if sending it unnecessarily and it wasn't listed it seems, outside of requesting the code from it. But I can include it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

You need to include the liuk pass letter as evidence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gonzomagic
Newly Registered

From Employment to Ltd Company

Post by gonzomagic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:50 pm

Hi All, Bit long winded, so apologies in advance

In the process of doing ILR, application for my Mrs

My history, I was a contractor, and working under umbrella till July 2020, so technically was employed and received payslips (which I have). I started a new contract, where I set up a Limited company and bill the client via that. I only set this up in December, and only 5 months in but it is a long contract which I have a signed copy off. I haven't completed a year of trading, nor submitted any year end accounts, etc as that comes later this year for me.

So for my finance, section I put employed and self employed. Employed as over the last 12 months I was 4 months employed via Umbrella with payslips and 5 months as director of Limited company.

However as part of the required documents I am being asked for;
  • Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return
    CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the name of the
    person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly

Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600 for Company

Corporate or business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as Company Tax
    Return CT600 for Director at Company

Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print out) for the last full financial year and evidence
    this has been filed with HMRC for me at Company

A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or a
    print out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in
    excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year for Director at
    Company

Evidence of ongoing employment as a director of the company or of ongoing dividend income
    from the company at the date of application
As I haven't completed 12 months, I don't have full year accounts, yet. I do have Business bank statements for the last 5 months. I haven't paid myself anything till last week as I was waiting for the new financial and tax year to begin, and paid myself dividends, so can submit that voucher. But was only 1. I am VAT registered so can include the verification from HMRC for that.

I spoke to a friend who suggested I write a cover letter and state that I haven't completed a years trading, so cannot provide full year accounts. And that I was waiting for the new financial tax year to take any payments dividends , etc.

But the online application process doesn't seem to give a place for me to explain just states the docs as mandatory (I am not finalised yet but near enough complete)? And wondered if that was the case and if a cover letter would be the appropriate option to explain or if there is a 'anything else' type section at the end of the application before submission?

TIA

gonzomagic
Newly Registered

Post by gonzomagic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:56 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm
You need to include the liuk pass letter as evidence.
Noted, will include. Many Thanks

gonzomagic
Newly Registered

Re: From Employment to Ltd Company

Post by gonzomagic » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 pm

gonzomagic wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:50 pm
Hi All, Bit long winded, so apologies in advance

In the process of doing ILR, application for my Mrs

My history, I was a contractor, and working under umbrella till July 2020, so technically was employed and received payslips (which I have). I started a new contract, where I set up a Limited company and bill the client via that. I only set this up in December, and only 5 months in but it is a long contract which I have a signed copy off. I haven't completed a year of trading, nor submitted any year end accounts, etc as that comes later this year for me.

So for my finance, section I put employed and self employed. Employed as over the last 12 months I was 4 months employed via Umbrella with payslips and 5 months as director of Limited company.

However as part of the required documents I am being asked for;
  • Personal bank statements covering the same 12-month period as the Company Tax Return
    CT600 showing that the salary as a director was paid into an account in the name of the
    person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly

Payslips and P60 (if issued) covering the same period as the Company Tax Return CT600 for Company

Corporate or business bank statements covering the same 12-month period as Company Tax
    Return CT600 for Director at Company

Company Tax Return CT600 (a copy or print out) for the last full financial year and evidence
    this has been filed with HMRC for me at Company

A certificate of VAT registration and the VAT return for the last full financial year (a copy or a
    print out) confirming the VAT registration number, if turnover is in excess of £79,000 or was in
    excess of the threshold which applied during the last full financial year for Director at
    Company

Evidence of ongoing employment as a director of the company or of ongoing dividend income
    from the company at the date of application
As I haven't completed 12 months, I don't have full year accounts, yet. I do have Business bank statements for the last 5 months. I haven't paid myself anything till last week as I was waiting for the new financial and tax year to begin, and paid myself dividends, so can submit that voucher. But was only 1. I am VAT registered so can include the verification from HMRC for that.

I spoke to a friend who suggested I write a cover letter and state that I haven't completed a years trading, so cannot provide full year accounts. And that I was waiting for the new financial tax year to take any payments dividends , etc.

But the online application process doesn't seem to give a place for me to explain just states the docs as mandatory (I am not finalised yet but near enough complete)? And wondered if that was the case and if a cover letter would be the appropriate option to explain or if there is a 'anything else' type section at the end of the application before submission?

TIA
Anyone with any tips and advice here please. Really would appreciate

zimba
Mood:

Re: From Employment to Ltd Company

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:38 pm

There is whole guide on this: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-ext.pdf

Company directors are NOT necessarily self-employed. This is a common misconception. However, in both cases, you need to file self-assessment. If you are not registered as self-employed with HMRC, you must rely on your company tax year and ignore the normal tax year period. You will need to submit CT600 rather than the self-assessment.

If you are yet to produce an account, then you cannot use your current income from your company towards evidence of finaces and you may fail to satisfy the requirements under category F or G.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice