ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

India in RED LIST ( Skilled worked Visa )

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pb0407
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

India in RED LIST ( Skilled worked Visa )

Post by pb0407 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:49 pm

Hi there ,

I have Skilled Worked Visa ( sticker on passport ) and I will be travelling in 2 weeks of time.
As India has been added to RED List , would I be allowed to enter UK as "Third country National having Resident Rights " ? I would have to undergo mandatory hotel quarantine .

Any help / thoughts would be helpful . TIA.

Waseem432000
Mood:

Re: India in RED LIST ( Skilled worked Visa )

Post by Waseem432000 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:03 am

you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British, Irish or third-country national with residency rights.
I am not sure Tier-2/Skilled worker visa qualifies as people with residency rights. I could be wrong but I read somewhere that only people with residency rights are the ones with ILR but I will wait for the expert opinion.

boykingin
Newly Registered

Post by boykingin » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:03 pm

Can someone please explain what it means 'anyone with residence rights in the UK' for those returning from a RED LIST country'? My wife has a PBS Dependent Leave to Remain Residence Permit. Will she be allowed in?

Thanks.

a4aLien
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by a4aLien » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:41 pm

We tend to overthink things when it comes to immigration.

Why are you guys not considering "skilled worker" or "leave to remain" as rights to reside? What else is it then if you are not residing here albeit with an end date?

I am no expert and this is just my personal opinion.

arks2020
Newly Registered
India

Post by arks2020 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:10 pm

From 1 January onwards people with residence rights include: holders of Indefinite Leave to Remain; holders of existing leave to enter or remain (i.e those with biometric Residence permits) or an entry clearance/visa that grants such leave e.g. students, workers, etc (excluding visit visas); holders of EU Settlement Scheme (“EUSS”) leave; those who have rights of entry under the Withdrawal Agreements (including returning residents with a right of residence under the EEA Regulations and EEA frontier workers); family members of EEA nationals with rights under the Withdrawal Agreement.
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/india

pb0407
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by pb0407 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:37 pm

thank you , this helps. :)