ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) after fiancé visa - questions and checklist

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

benth
Newly Registered
Thailand

FLR(M) after fiancé visa - questions and checklist

Post by benth » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi. :D :D I’m currently on a fiancé visa and just got married last week, we hope to submit the first FLR (M) application within this week and we’re now preparing the documents. I have some questions I hope someone could help me with. Thank you in advance!

1. At the end of the application form, I’m a bit confused with the two questions in the declaration sections:
- Is the account with a bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation held jointly by you and other people?
I have just only moved to the UK two months ago and I have no documents in joint names. I should answer ‘No’, right?
- Does the account with the bank or utility company for which you have supplied information and supporting documentation relate to another person who is to provide you financial support?
My partner is my sole sponsor who supports me financially. Does my partner count as ‘another person’ here, and should I say yes here and sign the consent part 3?

2. For this question: Is this the first time you have applied for a partner route, or an extension, with your current partner (including as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner)?
I should answer ‘No’ right, since I already applied for fiancé visa?

3. What type of ceremony was your wedding or civil partnership?
I find this a bit vague, could you please advise what I should answer here?

Also, could you please look at my documents below as well in case I’ve missed anything?

- Cover letters from both of us
- Appendix 2 > When I first applied for fiancé visa, I’ve been advised to include this. Do I need to submit it as well at this stage?
- Applicant’s current passport and the previous ones + copies of ID pages and pages with stamps
- Sponsor’s passport ID page > Since I’ll be uploading online, is a scan sufficient or do I need to provided certified copy?
- Applicant’s TB certificate > My initial TB certificate for fiancé visa is still valid, should I submit it?
- Applicant’s master’s degree certificate from a UK university
- Signed consent forms (1 and 3) > I’m not sure if these are the correct ones.
- Signed declaration for spouses

Accommodation
- Mortgage agreement
- Property valuation report (showing number of habitable rooms)
- Official copy of register of title
- Council Tax
- Photos of the house
- Is additional evidence of monthly housing costs necessary? As the mortgage agreement still shows the old rate and not the current one my sponsor pays.

Relationship
- Marriage certificate
- Wedding photos

Sponsor’s Financial Evidence
- Contract of employment
- P60
- Six months play slips signed by HR manager
- Letter from HR manager confirming the salary and authenticity of the payslips
- Bank statements covering the 6 months period

Cohabitation documents
- My bank statement and mobile phone bill in my name for the last month > This should be enough, right? Since I’ve just moved here two months ago.

I have submitted proof of relationship below in December last year for finacé visa, do I need to submit them again with this application?
Proof of relationship
- Photos of us together, dated and captioned
- Hotel and flight bookings
- Gift receipts and a few photos
- My bank statements addressed to my fiancé’s house (to show cohabitation when I was a student)
- Letter from my GP addressed to my fiancé’s house (to show cohabitation when I was a student)
- A few letters and notes we wrote each other
- Chat and call logs, one screen shot a week over 2-year period
Apologies for such a long question! Any advice is appreciated and thank you so much for taking the time to read and answer. :D :D