ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee forms photos during lockdown?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee forms photos during lockdown?

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:48 pm

I think it's ok to refer to the letter which you are uploading with your other documents.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by iliketea » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:58 pm

I submitted my application, and then started worrying about this question:

Are you either:
- An EEA national who has been issued with a
permanent residence document
- A family member of an EEA national who has
been issued with a permanent residence card

I answered Yes. And then the next question:

What will you use to apply for British citizenship?
- Permanent residence document or card
- Indefinite leave to remain (ILR), including ILR
granted under the EU Settlement Scheme

I chose the second option.

I only have settled status and this was the only option with Settled Status mentioned, so that's what I chose. I'm worried whether Settled Status is considered a permanent residence document, even though it's digital? I've read online that it is. Was this the correct option? If no, what should I do? I'm worried that if it wasn't, then my application would be refused.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Settled Status is the equivalent of PR and ILR, otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by iliketea » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:30 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 pm
Settled Status is the equivalent of PR and ILR, otherwise it wouldn't be mentioned.
So what you're saying is that my answers are correct and no action is required?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 pm

iliketea wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:30 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
No action required - it was designed to be digital from the start. Though you can attach your approval email or reference number if you wish.
There is confusion from time to time - the card referred to to is the EU PR card which can still be used for naturalisation until 30.6.2021.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by iliketea » Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:31 pm

alterhase58 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:09 pm
iliketea wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:30 pm
alterhase58 wrote:
No action required - it was designed to be digital from the start. Though you can attach your approval email or reference number if you wish.
There is confusion from time to time - the card referred to to is the EU PR card which can still be used for naturalisation until 30.6.2021.
Yes, I was confused as I have never had/applied for a physical document. I only got settled status and assumed that this is included when you say Yes to the first question regarding permanent residence card/document.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Mistake on naturalisation application in work history

Post by iliketea » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 pm

So I realised that I enetered the end date of one of my jobs as 1/9/2020, when it's actually 1/9/2019. With my supporting documents, I did supply a letter from HMRC which shows the correct date anyway. I'm not sure what to do and I'm panicking. I already submitted my documents though the online portal, so not sure if I can submit more and how to notify them of this error.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Re: Mistake on naturalisation application in work history

Post by iliketea » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:56 am

iliketea wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:58 pm
So I realised that I enetered the end date of one of my jobs as 1/9/2020, when it's actually 1/9/2019. With my supporting documents, I did supply a letter from HMRC which shows the correct date anyway. I'm not sure what to do and I'm panicking. I already submitted my documents though the online portal, so not sure if I can submit more and how to notify them of this error.
So I sent an email to FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk with a signed letter attached explaining the situation. Was this the right thing to do and the right email to use?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:40 pm

If you included your reference number and personal details it should be matched up with your application but we can't tell how things work UKVI internally. You may (or may not) receive an acknowledgement.

iliketea
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by iliketea » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:43 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:40 pm
If you included your reference number and personal details it should be matched up with your application but we can't tell how things work UKVI internally. You may (or may not) receive an acknowledgement.
I did ask them to confirm that they've received it as it was an attachment letter. I have still not received any response and from my previous queries they have always responded the next day. I am worried that if I don't hear back they could have just ignored my email.