ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change from standard set m application to super priority

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Outoforder123
Newly Registered

Change from standard set m application to super priority

Post by Outoforder123 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:25 am

Good morning everyone, I am new to this platform but I really need guidance.
I applied for ilr set m on 11th of March standard application, but I want to redraw and apply for the super priority service since its back. I asked my solicitor to redraw the standard application so that I can do the priority but he came back to me that home office has to do the redrawal which will take 28 days. I would like to know those who have successfully redraw standard and reapply super priority how it works. My visa expires in 10 days, and I want to it before it expires. I am yet to do biometric but documents have been uploaded. All advice will be helpful.
I apologise if I have posted on a wrong forum. Thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: Change from standard set m application to super priority

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:11 am

redraw ??? You mean withdraw?
Simply withdraw the application now and apply for a new one asap before your current visa expiry. As long as you requested your application to be withdrawn, you can go and apply for a new one. There is no need to wait for a withdrawal to go through. The fact that you simply request it to be withdrawn is enough.

Note that you will risk being an overstayer if you apply after your current visa expiry.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Outoforder123
Newly Registered

Post by Outoforder123 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:40 am

Thanks very much for replying to my query. Sorry I got the spelling of withdraw wrong, my heart was really racing when I was posting.
My solicitor sent the application on 11th March but didn't bother to book appointment for me until I called to ask, now my appointment for biometric is 8th May. Do you think it will affect my application seeing as it's almost 2 months when the application was sent. Please I need advice badly before everything goes pear shape. It has taken me 18 years before I got to this point. I feel like the solicitor is messing it up for me. Thank you once again for your help

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:16 pm

Simply ask him to withdraw your application now and apply again online. You do not need a solicitor
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Outoforder123
Newly Registered

Post by Outoforder123 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:54 pm

Thanks once again for replying to my query.
If I may, can I ask if my application fee for the standard one will be refunded if I withdraw now. Thanks very much for your help

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:13 pm

Fee (minus £25) is refunded if you withdraw before the biometric appointment. Refunds can take a few weeks.

When you apply again, you will have to pay again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Abiz1212
Newly Registered

Post by Abiz1212 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:20 pm

Outoforder123 wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:54 pm
Thanks once again for replying to my query.
If I may, can I ask if my application fee for the standard one will be refunded if I withdraw now. Thanks very much for your help
As long as you have not done the biometrics it will be refunded. However You will need another money to do your new super priority application because the refund does not come quick. I withdrew my standard application on 1st April and still yet to get a refund. I only got refund of my initial biometrics so still waiting. Also with your new application you will need to book a biometrics appointment using your new application number.

Outoforder123
Newly Registered

Post by Outoforder123 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Thanks everyone you have been helpful.