ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Admin Review Update

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mlec14
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Visa- review or reapply?

Post by Mlec14 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:50 am

Hello!

I would like some advice on my situation. I initially applied for my Tier 2 visa extension using details on my old COS as I initially thought I did not need a new one given that I did not change employer nor job position. Later on I found out that I need a new one regardless and secured a new one from my employer. I found out about needing a new COS before I submitted my documents and before my biometrics though I already have an appointment in place.I called home office regarding this and was given two options: 1. A cover letter explaining the situation OR 2. Cancel the appointment and book a new one. I chose the former given that my visa expiration date is nearing and it was quite difficult to secure an appointment. I submitted a cover letter, a corrected application form in which I have cross off my old COS details and handwritten the details of the new one and countersigned and my new COS.

Yesterday I received an email that my application was successful but my BRP is only valid till June 2021 instead of the 3 years extension. I am quite confused as well thinking that it must be an error so I looked through my COS both old and new. My guess is as my initial BRP was processed without taking into consideration the sponsor note which stated that my employment end date is June 2021 instead of April thus my expiration date on my BRP is April 2021 . This time, they processed it taking the sponsor note into consideration. The possible reason why my new BRP end date is June 2021.If my guess Is right, they have completely ignored my cover letter and all. I have yet to confirm once I receive my new BRP.

Now, I highly believe that was the case and would like some help on what I need to do. Should I still ask for an administrative review given that My cover letter and all were ignored or should I do a reapplication with details on my new COS since my new COS was granted in March and is still valid? As I now have a new BRP, will it not matter that my new COS was assigned using the details from my old BRP thus the employment start date is on April instead of June?

Hoping for your help.

Mlec14
Newly Registered

Admin Review Update

Post by Mlec14 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Hello!

I’ve sent an admin review last March 23 2021 and still don’t have a decision until now which is past the 28 days processing period for admin review. I am current in the UK and anxious as I don’t know how to follow up on it. I have sent an email to admin review enquiries but no reply from them as well.

Has anyone have a similar experience?