ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled Worker Visa Extension Salary Requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abdul2021
Newly Registered

Skilled Worker Visa Extension Salary Requirement

Post by Abdul2021 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:52 pm

Dear Gurus,

I need your help and clarification on the salary requirement for extension of Tier 2 (SW) visa. On the government website, there are conditions or scenarios that relates to the dates of issuance of first CoS, the time for application for the extension, and the date for the fist Tier 2 (SW) visa application. It read as follows:

1. If you got your certificate of sponsorship before 24 November 2016:
If you apply to extend before 24 May 2023, the minimum salary you’ll need to be paid is fixed at a lower rate. You’ll need to be paid at least £20,800 per year unless the ‘going rate’ for your job is higher than this.

2. If you got your certificate of sponsorship on or after 24 November 2016:
If you apply to extend before 1 December 2026, you will still need to meet the new salary requirements, but your salary may also include allowances, such as London weighting. Any allowances must be guaranteed for the length of your stay.

3. If you applied for your first Tier 2 (General) or Skilled Worker visa before 6 April 2021:

The minimum salary requirement of £10.10 per hour or the going rate for the type of work you’ll be doing does not apply.
(https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa/extend-your-visa)

These are confusing to me. Yes, I applied for my first Tier 2 visa before 6 April, 2021, and I can take it as No.3 applies to me and the 'going rate' salary requirement does not apply to me. However, this may appear to have clashed with No. 1, for the reason that I got my first CoS before 24 November, 2016.

I need some clarification. I am most grateful for your help.

Abdul2021

Abdul2021
Newly Registered

Re: Skilled Worker Visa Extension Salary Requirement

Post by Abdul2021 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:37 am

Dear Experts,

Apologies for bothering, but I need your help as usual.
I will be very grateful for the privilege of your time and experience to respond to my queries.
Regards,
Abdul.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:20 pm

It's your fourth query about Skilled worker minimum salary levels in the last few weeks, asking about both extensions and ILR applications. I am not clear how you can be making both types of application.

Under the circs, it is probably best if you discuss directly with the employer sponsoring your visa. They can only issue a CoS if you meet all the requirements, including the minimum salary, so their HR will be on top of it.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Abdul2021
Newly Registered

Post by Abdul2021 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:46 pm

@Sah10406,
Thanks for response, but you may not have understood my queries. I think it is normal for one to to ask for help when he needed it. I think you have overlooked the core item of my query, there was contradiction for which I sought for clarification from kind experienced people here. I ma confident that I will have one.

Please accept my best wishes.
Abdul

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:47 am

Abdul2021 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:46 pm
I think it is normal for one to to ask for help when he needed it. I think you have overlooked the core item of my query, there was contradiction for which I sought for clarification from kind experienced people here. I ma confident that I will have one.
It just seems odd that you are not asking the employer! It is they who need to be satisfied that you meet all the requirements, including the minimum salary, so they can issue your CoS and allow your application. If you have any doubts or concerns about the application, they can help.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.