ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiance Visa with dependents cost

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

fiance or partner visa (Step children involved)

Post by jc3013 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:47 pm

Hi team,

So myself and my partner were going to tie the knot in a few months in the US but in a freak situation, we have now decided the UK is going to be our home.

I am a UK citizen, and I am wondering is just better we apply for a fiance or get married first and then get her to the UK.

Also there are two boys involved who are lovely from a previous marriage that my partner will be bringing over also.

I would love some thoughts if anyone has any.

Thanks!!

Joel

secret.simon

Re: fiance or partner visa (Step children involved)

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:06 pm

It does not really make a difference whether you go in for a fiance visa and then apply for a spousal visa (after marrying in the UK) or you marry abroad and then apply for a spousal visa. You (the UK citizen) will need to meet the Minimum Income Requirement and your spouse will need to meet the other requirements.

As there are two non-British children involved, you will need to demonstrate £24,800 in annual income or £78,000 in savings held by you over a period of six months.

As your spouse is a US citizen, she will not need to do an English language test.

Does your intended spouse have sole responsibility (ideally in the form of a court grant of custody) for the two children?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Re: fiance or partner visa (Step children involved)

Post by jc3013 » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:31 pm

Awesome thanks!

Yes, she has sole custody the financials are all ok, I just didn't know if it is difficult to bring kids over on a fiance visa.

I think I read that somewhere, from a price perspective, is it kinda the same?

Thanks so much!

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Fiance Visa with dependents cost

Post by jc3013 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:26 pm

Hi lovely people,

we are about to hand in an application for a fiance visa for my partner, she will be coming over with her two boys.
The thing is When we get to the end to pay for the application I noticed the price is only for one person, however, I assumed it would be for three people.

Am I wrong, Do you pay for three people after the marriage takes place and you go on to a partner visa?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

JC

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Fiance Visa with dependents cost

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:41 pm

Each applicant has to make their own separate application. You can't add them to the main applicants form.

3 X applicants = 3 X separate applications and 3 X visa fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by jc3013 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:57 pm

Awesome thank you for clearing that up.

So I guess we just do separate applications for the boys ourselves. they don't need to be a part of the application process?

I guess I don't want to get it wrong as it's any mistake is an expensive one :shock:

Thanks!

Joel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Fiance is one application.

Child 1 is one separate application,a child application.

Child 2 is one separate application,a child application.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child
Apply at the same time as your parent
Which form you need to fill in depends on whether your parent is applying to enter the UK as the partner of one of the following:

a British or Irish citizen
a person with indefinite leave to remain
a person settled in the UK - for example, they have indefinite leave to remain, settled status or proof of permanent residence
a person from the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein who has pre-settled status - they must have started living in the UK before 1 January 2021
a person with a Turkish Businessperson visa or Turkish Worker visa
a person with refugee status or humanitarian protection
If they are applying as one of these, you must fill in the Appendix FM online form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by jc3013 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:56 pm

Thank you so much for clearing that up for me you have been a great help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:57 pm

You're welcome. Feel free to ask any further questions you have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by jc3013 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:18 pm

Hi again!

Thank you so much :)

We are at the final stages of handing in the application and if you do have a moment I would really appreciate your thoughts on all I have complied.

Here is what I have so far

1) A copy of my UK passport (All pages).

2) Email conversations between myself and the Registry Office regarding our intent to marry and emails between myself and marriage venues

3) As evidence of meeting each other I have included boarding passes/flight itineraries hotel bookings of my visits
and photographs of us from our time spent together as well as money transfers.

4) As evidence of our continuing relationship I have included - Screenshots of a summary of FaceTime calls and
whatsapp call logs between myself and Nola

5) As evidence of maintenance, I have included the most recent 6 months worth of payslips, 6 months bank
statements, a letter from my Employer as confirmation of my current salary and title and savings, and my work
contract.
6) As evidence of accommodation I have included my tenancy agreement of which is a large three-bedroom house.
I also a no objection letter from the real estate agent approving my fiancée and children.

And now after your very helpful post I we have filled out two separate applications for the boys

We are a little confused about which application to fill out for the boys, We think it's the one that says as follows.

Non-British child of a parent granted or currently applying for permission to enter and stay in the UK, as the parent of a child who is a British citizen, settled in the UK, or in the UK with pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.

It's quite a mouthful and quite confusing

Also from the point of view of my partner, she has full custody of the boys and that is stated in the divorce decree which we will attach to the application(s), I have read in other parts of this forum and elsewhere that it can be quite difficult to get dependents over on a fiancée visa, my fiancée has been separated from her ex for two and a half years, they divorced about 9 months ago and she makes all the decisions in the boy's life.
The father is about but if they’re lucky they get about 2-4 hours with him a week which is really more due to him just doing his own thing.

They do still share a bank account but the divorce is final and he is meant to be paying maintenance and spousal support by law.

Apart from the divorce decree is there anything else that would strengthen our case and how hard is it to move dependents over on a fiancée visa?

Your thoughts are very much appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Joel

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:40 pm

1) A copy of my UK passport (All pages).
Biometric photo page only.
2) Email conversations between myself and the Registry Office regarding our intent to marry and emails between myself and marriage venues
Fine yes.
3) As evidence of meeting each other I have included boarding passes/flight itineraries hotel bookings of my visits
and photographs of us from our time spent together as well as money transfers.
Fine yes.
4) As evidence of our continuing relationship I have included - Screenshots of a summary of FaceTime calls and
whatsapp call logs between myself and xxxx
Fine yes.
5) As evidence of maintenance, I have included the most recent 6 months worth of payslips, 6 months bank
statements, a letter from my Employer as confirmation of my current salary and title and savings, and my work
contract.
Fine, however it is financial requirement not maintenance.
6) As evidence of accommodation I have included my tenancy agreement of which is a large three-bedroom house.
I also a no objection letter from the real estate agent approving my fiancée and children.
Fine.
And now after your very helpful post I we have filled out two separate applications for the boys

We are a little confused about which application to fill out for the boys, We think it's the one that says as follows.

Non-British child of a parent granted or currently applying for permission to enter and stay in the UK, as the parent of a child who is a British citizen, settled in the UK, or in the UK with pre-settled status under the EU Settlement Scheme.
This is the correct option
Also from the point of view of my partner, she has full custody of the boys and that is stated in the divorce decree which we will attach to the application(s), I have read in other parts of this forum and elsewhere that it can be quite difficult to get dependents over on a fiancée visa, my fiancée has been separated from her ex for two and a half years, they divorced about 9 months ago and she makes all the decisions in the boy's life.
The father is about but if they’re lucky they get about 2-4 hours with him a week which is really more due to him just doing his own thing.
She has to prove sole responsibility, see link below. Usually this is an official court document. Usually if the other parents permission is required, then the parent does not have sole responsibility.

immigration-for-family-members/sole-res ... 13087.html
Apart from the divorce decree is there anything else that would strengthen our case and how hard is it to move dependents over on a fiancée visa?
You simply need to submit the evidence that is required.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

jc3013
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by jc3013 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:46 pm

Thank you so much for your help, you have made this process much more bearable!

I really appreciate it