ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Address

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abk108751
Newly Registered
Cyprus

No National Insurance Number

Post by abk108751 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:37 pm

Hello,

I did my masters in the UK, and currently I am a PhD student. I have never worked in the UK. Therefore, I did not get a National Insurance Number. For an NI number, I have been told that I have to wait 3 weeks for the application form and 16 weeks for an approval. This means I need to wait nearly for 5 months to get an NI number.

Is having a National Insurance Number mandatory for UK citizenship application?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: No National Insurance Number

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:39 pm

abk108751 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:37 pm
Hello,

I did my masters in the UK, and currently I am a PhD student. I have never worked in the UK. Therefore, I did not get a National Insurance Number. For an NI number, I have been told that I have to wait 3 weeks for the application form and 16 weeks for an approval. This means I need to wait nearly for 5 months to get an NI number.

Is having a National Insurance Number mandatory for UK citizenship application?

Thanks
No
If you do not already have a National Insurance number, you only need to apply for one if you’re planning to:

work
claim benefits
apply for a student loan
pay Class 3 voluntary National Insurance contributions
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number

Employment is not necessary for Naturalisation. You could be unemployed for the last 10 years, does not matter.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

abk108751
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Referee profession

Post by abk108751 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 am

Hello,

If a referee graduated from engineering but not working as an engineer, can I write his profession as an engineer?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Referee profession

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:09 pm

Yes if he is registered with the Engineering council or a regulatory body in UK.
The Engineering Council is the UK regulatory body for the engineering profession.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Referee profession

Post by manci » Tue May 04, 2021 10:04 am

abk108751 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:33 am
If a referee graduated from engineering but not working as an engineer, can I write his profession as an engineer?
The first step to becoming professionally registered with the Engineering Council as EngTech, IEng, CEng or ICTTech is membership of a licensed professional engineering institution. The institution will act as the awarding body for the registration.

Suggest you check if the proposed referee is member of a professional engineering institution. They charge an annual membership fee + collect from their members an annual contribution to the Engineering Council.

Getting a degree in engineering does not in itself amount to a "professional standing" , it is just the first step.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

abk108751
Newly Registered
Cyprus

Address

Post by abk108751 » Sat May 08, 2021 1:52 pm

Hello everyone,

-I lived at my current address from 2014 to 2015 for 14 months then went back to my country for around 5 months.
-For this 5 months period I informed my council that I moved out from the property and someone else rented it.
-After this 5 months period I came back to the UK rented the same property in the end of 2016 and been living at the same address util now for 4.5 years.

Under these circumstances, can I say that I moved in the address in 2014 and been living at the same address for more than 5 years?

Thank you

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Address

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 08, 2021 8:26 pm

You can not declare living there if you were not living there at that time.