ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family visit visa from Pakistan covid-19 restrictions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Family visit visa from Pakistan covid-19 restrictions

Post by Hrajan84 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:39 pm

Hi all, planning to apply for my mother's 5-year long term visa next month May 2021. As Pakistan in the red list is it ok to apply visit visa next month aand travel date in August 2021? My mother previously had 2 times 6 months 2 times 2 years visas in the last 12 years. She is 61 years old widow. Me and my husband are working full time.
Please guide
Thanks in advance
Hafsa

Route to ILR
Member of Standing

Re: Family visit visa from Pakistan covid-19 restrictions

Post by Route to ILR » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:40 pm

Hrajan84 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:39 pm
Hi all, planning to apply for my mother's 5-year long term visa next month May 2021. As Pakistan in the red list is it ok to apply visit visa next month aand travel date in August 2021? My mother previously had 2 times 6 months 2 times 2 years visas in the last 12 years. She is 61 years old widow. Me and my husband are working full time.
Please guide
Thanks in advance
Hafsa
No harm to apply 10 years visit visa. But she cant travel to the Uk until UK Govt remove Pakistan from red list.

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hrajan84 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:13 pm

Can she apply 10 years visa instead of 5 years? She will travel after restriction lifted?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:06 am

She can apply for a 10 year visit visa, but she may not be granted that and may be granted only either a 5 year visit visa or a 2 year visit visa and there may be no refund of any excess fees paid.

The important thing to ensure in the application is not your husband or your own financial situation, but proof that your mother has such strong social and other connections to her country of habitual residence that she will leave the UK at the end of her visit visa duration.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hrajan84
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Hrajan84 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:53 am

Thanks. I will apply 5 years one. She has strong ties in Pakistan my brother Nd his family lives in Pakistan. She has her own house also all her brothers their kids and her sisters live near there.
My last question is my tenancy agreement was expired in 2019 but my landlord said it does renew automatically every year.does I need a letter from the landlord which is Barking and Dagenham council or just send the old agreement?

yomishu
Mood:
India

Post by yomishu » Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:21 pm

Hrajan84 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:53 am
Thanks. I will apply 5 years one. She has strong ties in Pakistan my brother Nd his family lives in Pakistan. She has her own house also all her brothers their kids and her sisters live near there.
My last question is my tenancy agreement was expired in 2019 but my landlord said it does renew automatically every year.does I need a letter from the landlord which is Barking and Dagenham council or just send the old agreement?
You will need new tenancy agreement - dont take a chance , they might reject visa for such reasons