ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish inheritance laws

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Botman
Oman

Spanish inheritance laws

Post by Botman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi asking for a friend..
anyone knows what are spanish inheritance laws or where we can read them? This friend is in a european country on a work visa. Father lives and works in spain, is a naturalised Spanish now. Mother and siblings in home country. Father has another partner in spain too, not sure if married or not

(Question 1: is this allowed according to Spanish laws when man is already married? Is it allowed to have multiple wives in European countries?)

Question 2: how will inheritance be sorted in this case? I read on google and it says according to Spanish inheritance laws, children get 1/3 of assets essential at least. Do children of other partner count in this? Will children in home country have inheritance rights according to Spanish laws or NO/only children of new partner in Spain will have a right to inheritance?

Question 3: does Spanish public healthcare provide carers for elderly dependent people at home or have to be paid privately? How much do they cost?

TIA

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spanish inheritance laws

Post by CR001 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:11 pm

How are any of these questions related to immigration issues and matters, which is the purpose of this forum?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Botman
Oman

Re: Spanish inheritance laws

Post by Botman » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:47 pm

Hi CR001. Sorry if i posted in wrong forum. I thought people were allowed to ask general queries about laws of other countries or if they were struggling with any issues specific to expats. Apologies if I understood that wrong. You can remove the post, or let me know if it’s misplaced and i will remove myself. If you know any relevant forums for such issues and can point me there i will be grateful. Thanks

I have poster another topic similar to this one. Same goes for that post if that’s misplaced too.