ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for USA under dual citizenship

USA immigration, green card questions:
Employment based Green Cards | H-1B visas | Family based Visas | Citizenship

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

badedu108
Newly Registered
Romania

Visa for USA under dual citizenship

Post by badedu108 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:14 am

Hi,

I have dual citizenship: Romanian and British. I still have 8 years left of valid tourist visa on romanian passport.

I am aware at the moment there are US & UK trade talks with high chance for these trade talks to be signed by summer 2021 and once chapter to include some form of immigration benefits (copy of US-Australia trade model).

I plan to go to United States in July... stay there up to 6 months as visitor (I am going to be travelling the states) then once the trade comes into effect I am planning to start a business as british.

My question is as dual citizen (romanian/british)... can I stay up to 6 months as romanian tourist and then close to the 6 months expiry date to start a business there under british passport? Once the 6 months passes by do I need to come out of US and re-enter with british passport? Or I can stay 6 months under romanian passport and then once the 6 months are up I can startup my business right away under my british passport? Many thanks for any advice as I am really confused :shock: !

deponti
Newly Registered
Italy

Re: Visa for USA under dual citizenship

Post by deponti » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:38 pm

You cannot. When you apply for a US visa, you need to declare all your citizenships. all restrictions apply to you as an individual, no matter how many citizenships you have

mezien
Newly Registered

Re: Visa for USA under dual citizenship

Post by mezien » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:52 pm

When you apply for a US visa, you need to declare all your citizenships.

What if one's using the Visa Waiver Programme?