ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second marriage of both husband and wife and spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

World will end
inactive
Pakistan

Where to submit documents and what are the different FLR ?

Post by World will end » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:26 am

I want to know after applying online for UK spouse visa and collecting all the documents. Are the documents submitted to Gerrys in home country i mean scanned there on biometric date. Or are they sent to sponsor in UK to send to Sheffield.
Plus i am here on visitor visa about to apply my uk spouse visa. What are the different FLR as i read them. FLR ( M) (FP) or others. I want to abide by rules to get permanent stay that is ILR after 5 years. What FLR will apply to me. And once spouse visa is granted how much can you spend outside of UK per year ?

World will end
inactive
Pakistan

Second marriage of both husband and wife and spouse visa

Post by World will end » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:22 am

Hi , so we both husband and wife this is our second marriage. He is a british citizen and i am pakistani. We are applying uk spouse visa. What documents do we need to submit that we were free to marry.

Casa

Re: Second marriage of both husband and wife and spouse visa

Post by Casa » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:00 pm

You are only able to apply for your Spouse Settlement visa from your home country.
https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse

You won't qualify for Further Leave to Remain - FLR(M) until you have completed 2.5 years of UK residence under your initial Spouse visa. FLR(FP) is for those not able to meet the conditions for further leave as a spouse/unmarried partner. i.e income level/English language etc.

You will both need to submit your Divorce Decree Absolute (or equivalent) to show that your were both free to marry.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:30 pm

World will end wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:22 am
Hi , so we both husband and wife this is our second marriage. He is a british citizen and i am pakistani. We are applying uk spouse visa. What documents do we need to submit that we were free to marry.
Divorce Documents; decree absolute of dissolution of the previous marriage.

World will end
inactive
Pakistan

Post by World will end » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:25 pm

What is decree absolute of dissolution of previous marriage ? We both have original divorce documents. As a pakistani thats all i have. What does he needs as a british citizen ? Decree absolute ? Whats that ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:37 am

World will end wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:25 pm
What is decree absolute of dissolution of previous marriage ? We both have original divorce documents. As a pakistani thats all i have. What does he needs as a british citizen ? Decree absolute ? Whats that ?
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/apply-for-a-decree-absolute

World will end
inactive
Pakistan

Post by World will end » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:55 pm

Please clarify , my husband is british citizen but he was married in Pak ( previous marriage ) and he never registered his marriage in UK ? Does he still needs absolute decree ?