ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) parent 10 year route to 5 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Likl2
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) parent 10 year route to 5 year route

Post by Likl2 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:39 pm

Good day everyone and I hope you’re being safe?

I need some advice on this - I was granted FLR(FP) parent 10 year route. I’m due my first extension and I’d like the switch to the 5 year route.
I meet all the requirements for the 5 year route. Is there a special application form to do this or do I just apply using the form on the gov website and I get granted based on the 5 year route? Thanks for your help in advance.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Re: FLR(FP) parent 10 year route to 5 year route

Post by TandT » Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:40 pm

You will need to find FLR FP online and during filling your application you will need to specify that you are switching to 5years route as a parent if you meet all requirements. I just did something like that but as a falimy.

Anu4real

Post by Anu4real » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:19 am

You can also write a cover letter indicating you want to switch to the 5 year route

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:06 am

TandT wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 4:40 pm
You will need to find FLR FP online and during filling your application you will need to specify that you are switching to 5years route as a parent if you meet all requirements. I just did something like that but as a falimy.
Thanks. Is there somewhere on the form to do this or shall I just write a cover letter? How did you do yours?

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:39 pm

Do you still want to be a parent or you have settled partner now and switch to 5years?

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:22 pm

TandT wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:39 pm
Do you still want to be a parent or you have settled partner now and switch to 5years?
I’m still applying via the parent route. No partner

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:13 pm

In that case you still need to fill FLR FP but 5 years route provided you can meet requirements on £18600,housing standard paperwork and English language test preferably B1 English test.

Good luck

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:27 pm

What was the reason that they didn't grant you on 5 years parent route in your first application?
Would you mind sharing your immigration background to understand your situation and advise as per that circumstances.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:10 pm

There was nothing to clarify as to why she was on 10 years route. It is for the people that have sole responsibility on either a British child of any child that has lived/ born in UK for at least 7yrs without documentation or any settled partner.

Go online and fill FLR FP Parent route on 5years. And state clearly in black bld letter that you're switching to 5yrs. Good luck.

ssasi2020

Post by ssasi2020 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:36 pm

Don't jump the queue buddy. One can't and shouldn't give advice without knowing some immigration history assuming something, even if question looks simple. Op might have been through various immigration turns!

And regarding your advice to the op is clearly wrong!
Flr fp doesn't require £18600 income rather needs to meet adequate maintenance (A-B>C). And housing cost will play big part how much op will need to be earning minimum to meet that requirement.
:?:

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:34 pm

TandT wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:13 pm
In that case you still need to fill FLR FP but 5 years route provided you can meet requirements on £18600,housing standard paperwork and English language test preferably B1 English test.

Good luck
Financial requirements
"E-ECPT.3.1. The applicant must provide evidence that they will be able to adequately maintain and accommodate themselves and any dependants in the UK without recourse to public funds

E-ECPT.3.2. The applicant must provide evidence that there will be adequate accommodation in the UK, without recourse to public funds, for the family, including other family members who are not included in the application but who live in the same household, which the family own or occupy exclusively: accommodation will not be regarded as adequate if-

(a) it is, or will be, overcrowded; or
(b) it contravenes public health regulations."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:56 am

My response was based on the very question I asked whether she's changing because she has a settled/ British partner and she said no!

FLR FP is a common route for parents with sole responsibilities and also some couples that in some circumstances they both shared responsibilities over their children or your status on other routes has no validity and the last option is FLR FP To regularise their stay

In a nutshell, the money that I mentioned was just the minimum household income based on herself presumably the child was British. So knowing how she acquired FLR FP has nothing to do with if she can change the route or not if she can meet the requirements which she said in her first post that she can. All the guidance you posted is real but do you think everyone will understand it as it is? The key information is what I worked on and it worked for me.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:33 am

TandT wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:56 am
My response was based on the very question I asked whether she's changing because she has a settled/ British partner and she said no!

FLR FP is a common route for parents with sole responsibilities and also some couples that in some circumstances they both shared responsibilities over their children or your status on other routes has no validity and the last option is FLR FP To regularise their stay

In a nutshell, the money that I mentioned was just the minimum household income based on herself presumably the child was British. So knowing how she acquired FLR FP has nothing to do with if she can change the route or not if she can meet the requirements which she said in her first post that she can. All the guidance you posted is real but do you think everyone will understand it as it is? The key information is what I worked on and it worked for me.

The onus is on each individual member to ensure they have read the rules irrespective whether it is clear or not and hence the reason why the OP is here asking for clarification.

Your reply provided the OP can meet £18,600 which doesn’t apply but adequate maintenance must be met if the OP intending on switching to 5 years route. My response above was to show you what the guidance say.

Have a good day.

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:07 pm

TandT wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:10 pm
There was nothing to clarify as to why she was on 10 years route. It is for the people that have sole responsibility on either a British child of any child that has lived/ born in UK for at least 7yrs without documentation or any settled partner.

Go online and fill FLR FP Parent route on 5years. And state clearly in black bld letter that you're switching to 5yrs. Good luck.

Hi there, thanks for this. Can you please share the link to the application form for the 5 years route? Thanks

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:09 pm

ssasi2020 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:27 pm
What was the reason that they didn't grant you on 5 years parent route in your first application?
Would you mind sharing your immigration background to understand your situation and advise as per that circumstances.
I did not meet the salary threshold for the 5 years.

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:42 pm

I guess you hold a valid status in UK before you got your FLR FP 10 years in the past? Because without that you cannot apply for 5 years route as parent even if you meet the threshold. And this is my point about income in my previous comments and both of them says it doesn't exist. If I can find where I read it their case law instructions, I will forward it to you to read.

However, are you a mother of a British child or non British? As it will play impact on the threshold income expected of you otherwise they will still put you back on 10yrs. Also hope you understood the remaining requirements quite right?

TandT
Mood:
Liberia

Post by TandT » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:18 pm

Go on Google and type,

Apply to extend your stay in the uk: Form FLR (FP).GOV.UK

Then click on applying as a parent for five years route and also scan through the income requirements and see threshold expected of you depending on how many non UK citizens children you got. If you're switching 100% you have to meet income,house and child reposibilities requirements. Good luck.

Likl2
Newly Registered

Post by Likl2 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:45 pm

TandT wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:42 pm
I guess you hold a valid status in UK before you got your FLR FP 10 years in the past? Because without that you cannot apply for 5 years route as parent even if you meet the threshold. And this is my point about income in my previous comments and both of them says it doesn't exist. If I can find where I read it their case law instructions, I will forward it to you to read.

However, are you a mother of a British child or non British? As it will play impact on the threshold income expected of you otherwise they will still put you back on 10yrs. Also hope you understood the remaining requirements quite right?
Hi there. My initial visa was expired and I was an overstayer before I was granted flr fp 10 year route. Do you mean I cannot apply to switch to the 5 year route because of this?
I am the mother to a British child, I earn £36k a year and hold a uk degree.

I have tried filling this form but there’s nowhere that gives me the choice to apply via the 5 year route

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... orm-flr-fp

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 pm

Either FLR FP or FLR M can be used as there's no much difference between the two application form since both application are worded the same in terms of questions. Just answer the questions to the best of your ability and write a cover letter that you are switching to 5 years route and you should meet the adequate maintenance. See immigration-for-family-members/calculat ... 05533.html

FLR FP

"Use this form to apply online if you are already in the UK and want to extend your stay on the basis of your family or private life, and to get a biometric residence permit.

This form is for:

family life as a partner (10 year route)
family life as a parent (5 year and 10 year routes)
dependent child of a person who has, or is at the same time applying for, limited leave to enter or remain in the UK other than under the points based system or UK Ancestry (10 year route)
private life in the UK (10 year route)
leave outside the rules on the basis of family or private life"