ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

GTV Endorsement Peer Review RAE

Only for the Global Talent visa, formerly known as Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Erfaanullahkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

GTV Endorsement Peer Review RAE

Post by Erfaanullahkhan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:50 am

Dear All,

I am applying for endorsement to The Royal Academy of Engineering, Exceptional Promise Peer Review.
I received a recommendation letter from Professor in the UK. I have few questions & request for expert opinion.

1) Are you applying for a particular position within the UK?

I choose the path of Peer Review, I am having a Ph.D. and applied to various Postdoctoral Positions, what should be my answer to the above question asking while filing the form for endorsement. I don't have any job offer.

2) What documents should I prepare & Do I need to send by Courier or Email attachment.

3) Do I need to attach my publications list, award letter, Personal statement & Fellowship grant, etc

4) How much time will take by endorsement, share your timeline, please

Thank You

Cheers

Erfaanullahkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Re: GTV Endorsement Peer Review RAE

Post by Erfaanullahkhan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:51 am

Please respond to my questions urgently, I will be highly appreciated. Thank You

neutronica
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by neutronica » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:29 pm

Erfaanullahkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Erfaanullahkhan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:35 am

Thank You I already applied for endorsement.
Hope for the best

Erfaanullahkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

GLOBAL TALENT ENDORSEMENT NOT RECOMMENDED March 2021 BY RAE

Post by Erfaanullahkhan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:48 am

a)Date of Application: 13/03/2021
b)Date of Referral to Endorsing Body: 16/03/2021 Date of Decision: 31/03/2021
c)Exceptional Promise

d)FEEDBACK: The reviewers considered that the applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date,
relative to career stage, were not strong enough to endorse the candidate for entry through
the Global Talent route.

e)Field: Biotechnology
f)Publications: 6
g)Citations:150
h)Awards: Ph.D. Fellowship, Gold Medal for best performance, Research Grant 1.0 Million PKR
i)Currently hold Advance Research post in University as a Research Fellow
j)Strong Recommendation Letter Received from a renowned UK Professor

I request the expert in the group to please guide me about the next step.

Thank you

vinny

Re: GLOBAL TALENT ENDORSEMENT NOT RECOMMENDED March 2021 BY RAE

Post by vinny » Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:22 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Erfaanullahkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Erfaanullahkhan » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Erfaanullahkhan wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:48 am

a)Date of Application: 13/03/2021
b)Date of Referral to Endorsing Body: 16/03/2021 Date of Decision: 31/03/2021
c)Exceptional Promise

d)FEEDBACK: The reviewers considered that the applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date,
relative to career stage, were not strong enough to endorse the candidate for entry through
the Global Talent route.

e)Field: Biotechnology
f)Publications: 6
g)Citations:150
h)Awards: Ph.D. Fellowship, Gold Medal for best performance, Research Grant 1.0 Million PKR
i)Currently hold Advance Research post in University as a Research Fellow
j)Strong Recommendation Letter Received from a renowned UK Professor

I request the expert in the group to please guide me about the next step.

Thank you
Thank You

I don't know how to draft the review case, looking for someone who had some experience in the matter for guidance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:19 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:28 am

Erfaanullahkhan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Erfaanullahkhan » Sun Apr 25, 2021 10:12 pm

Review decision Negative Outcome:
Royal Academy of Engineering
PhD
6 PUBLICATIONS
150 Citations
Research Associate
Research Grant Award (Not Uk)
Ph.D. Fellowship (Not Uk)
Reviewer
Gold Medal as best Researcher award

The Reviewers looked at the strength of the evidence provided. In particular they considered: Whether the applicant is regarded as a leader in their field; their track record/career history (including their international standing, the significance of their publications, prizes and research funding awarded, patents, and the impact of past innovation activity, in a company, academia or as an individual); the strength of the supporting statements in the letter(s) of personal recommendation concerned with research in their field; And the expected benefits of their presence in the UK in terms of the contribution to UK research excellence and to wider society, including potential economic benefits from exploitation of intellectual capital.

The Global Talent visa assessment process is completed in two steps – an initial eligibility check, to ensure that the applicant meets the mandatory and qualifying eligibility criteria (if applying under Exceptional Talent). The application passed this first step and then progressed to a full peer review assessment. Meeting the mandatory and qualifying eligibility criteria does not mean that you will be endorsed. It only means the application can proceed to a full assessment. The full assessment was conducted by experts in their field who considered the strength of the evidence provided. In particular they considered:

Whether the applicant is a world leader in their field; their track record/career history (including their international standing, the significance of their publications, prizes and research funding awarded, patents, and the impact of past innovation activity, in a company, academia or as an individual); the strength of the supporting statements/letters of recommendation; And the expected benefits of their presence in the UK in terms of the contribution to UK research excellence and to wider society, including potential economic benefits from exploitation of intellectual capital.

The conclusion of the full assessment was that the reviewers considered that the applicant’s track record and contributions to the field to date, relative to career stage, were not strong enough to endorse the candidate for entry through the Global Talent route.

We wish the applicant luck with their future endeavours.

Should you wish The Royal Academy of Engineering to consider your case again, you must submit a further application with the relevant fee.

Thank You

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Srijon07 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:59 am

hi, can anyone comment on my chances of getting GTV through peer-review-

Recently finished PhD in Life Science from a UK university
Already started a Post Doctoral job, contract is shorter so can't apply through endorsed funder route
Holding a lecturer position at a University in my home country
Got Commonwealth Scholarship for my PhD
4 Publications

Srijon07
Newly Registered
Mood:
Bangladesh

Post by Srijon07 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:57 am

Following up on my last comment, I happily let you know that I have received the endorsement letter just after 3 weeks of stage-1 application submission and got the visa in 48 hours after submitting documents through standard service.