ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pakistan Red List

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kidraja

Re: Pakistan Red List

Post by kidraja » Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:58 am

Yes, she has to do hotel quarantine.

Costello101
Newly Registered

Post by Costello101 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:51 am

Anyone know if UKVI are still processing Visa application after 9th April 2021 (Pakistan red list inclusion date)?

kidraja

Post by kidraja » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:29 pm

I've been told from my solicitor that visa applications will still be processed after 9th April 2021 in Pakistan.

jannmejay
Newly Registered

Post by jannmejay » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:57 am

kidraja wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 5:58 am
Yes, she has to do hotel quarantine.
Please let me know how her travel went. I hope she gets to travel. Hotel quarantine is inevitable as country on red list. Please if u can update with what happened at border control when she arrived and what was asked regarding coming from red list country.
Kind regards and bless u

SittingImpatient90
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SittingImpatient90 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:19 pm

Nadbo wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:55 am
Kaykash wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:29 pm
In this case he has to stay in turkey more than 19 days to use loophole of this quarantine matter.
But visa for turkey and then stay there more than 10 days cost same .
And yes 6 months finance visa is sort of residence status
How is it 19 days? The rules state the previous 10 days upon arrival in the UK, so if he arrives in the UK on the 29th April for example, he will have been in turkey since 18th/19th and that means he does not have to complete the hotel quarantine. Last time he would have been in Pakistan is the 17th/18th which will be over 10 days before his arrival in the UK!
Hi, has this been verified?
My fiancé is hoping to travel from Isb to turkey and stay for 11 days, then travel to the UK. It will save us over £1200, as long as turkey is not added to the red list.

Anyone know?

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 pm

SittingImpatient90 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:19 pm
Nadbo wrote:
Kaykash wrote:
In this case he has to stay in turkey more than 19 days to use loophole of this quarantine matter.

How is it 19 days? The rules state the previous 10 days upon arrival in the UK, so if he arrives in the UK on the 29th April for example, he will have been in turkey since 18th/19th and that means he does not have to complete the hotel quarantine. Last time he would have been in Pakistan is the 17th/18th which will be over 10 days before his arrival in the UK!
My fiancé is hoping to travel from Isb to turkey and stay for 11 days, then travel to the UK. It will save us over £1200, as long as turkey is not added to the red list.

Anyone know?
Hi,

When you say verified, what do you mean? It states that anyone arriving in the UK after being in a ‘red list’ country within the prior 10 days days must hotel quarantine. Therefore what you are planning to do it fine. It’s what my fiancé will be doing once we have a decision. It will be saving us around the same amount also. And of course, if Turkey stays off the red list.

SittingImpatient90
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by SittingImpatient90 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:47 am

Nadbo wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:04 pm
SittingImpatient90 wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:19 pm
Nadbo wrote:
Kaykash wrote:

Anyone know?
Hi,

When you say verified, what do you mean? It states that anyone arriving in the UK after being in a ‘red list’ country within the prior 10 days days must hotel quarantine. Therefore what you are planning to do it fine. It’s what my fiancé will be doing once we have a decision. It will be saving us around the same amount also. And of course, if Turkey stays off the red list.
I meant is it a legitimate process. Thanks for the reply. However, we’ve chosen not to risk Turkey being added to the red list and my fiancé will be flying out next week InshaAllah.

Good luck with yours!

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:25 pm

Many people are flying to Turkey from Pakistan and staying there for 11 nights to avoid hotel quarantine in UK.
Note, Turkey is the second highest country in the world (after India) as per NEW corona daily cases. Situation is bad there and most likely will be added to UK’s red list soon.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Also see corona restrictions in Turkey:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... oronavirus
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:42 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:25 pm
Many people are flying to Turkey from Pakistan and staying there for 11 nights to avoid hotel quarantine in UK.
Note, Turkey is the second highest country in the world (after India) as per NEW corona daily cases. Situation is bad there and most likely will be added to UK’s red list soon.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Also see corona restrictions in Turkey:
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advic ... oronavirus

Thanks for this information. Looks like it’s best to stick with UK hotel quarantine instead. 😕

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:05 am

Nadbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:42 am
Thanks for this information. Looks like it’s best to stick with UK hotel quarantine instead. 😕
To be honest its like gambling. The worst situation would be to fly to Turkey from Pakistan to avoid UK’s hotel quarantine but then Turkey ending up in UK’s red list while you are there.

Note, such decisions are taken very swiftly without much notice. For example, Boris insisted to visit India despite the rise in corona infections last week for a trade deal. But due to growing pressure, just a couple days later, it was announced to be in red list. Similarly Pakistan, Bangladesh, Qatar etc were put on red list with 4/5 days notice also.

Make an informed decision and follow the news closely, there are evident indications why Turkey should be on UK’s red list also. On the other hand, UK’s hotel quarantine is not a desirable decision either for many.

Good luck.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:55 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:05 am
Nadbo wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:42 am
To be honest its like gambling. The worst situation would be to fly to Turkey from Pakistan to avoid UK’s hotel quarantine but then Turkey ending up in UK’s red list while you are there.

Note, such decisions are taken very swiftly without much notice. For example, Boris insisted to visit India despite the rise in corona infections last week for a trade deal. But due to growing pressure, just a couple days later, it was announced to be in red list. Similarly Pakistan, Bangladesh, Qatar etc were put on red list with 4/5 days notice also.

Make an informed decision and follow the news closely, there are evident indications why Turkey should be on UK’s red list also. On the other hand, UK’s hotel quarantine is not a desirable decision either for many.

Good luck.
Yes, exactly my thoughts. If we go ahead and my partner flys and stays in Turkey, then comes onto the UK, we are saving over £1000. On the other hand, if he goes and Turkey is then added to the red list, we have to fork out more for UK hotel quarantine 😒 and we need all the money we can get at the moment, very expensive, this immigration process!

Yes, I’ll definitely keep an eye on the news, will have to see when his visa is processed, what route we decide to take. Shouldn’t be much longer (fingers crossed)!

Thanks for your advice on this matter, it’s greatly appreciated.

Nadia

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:00 pm

UK is due to announce which countries will be in the red/amber/green lists start of May. International travel is due by 17th May (potentially). I believe the countries already in the red list will stay as it is.

But, things will be more clearer once the announcement is made start May.

Decisions are not only taken as per the health situation but also economic and political factors have a play.

So maybe Turkey being a hot spot holiday destination for Britons will be classed as amber and not red. But lets see.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:39 pm

Maybe will help make decisions:

“Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Monday imposed a nationwide "full closure" until May 17 including a continuous lockdown, school closures and intercity travel restrictions to curb a surge in coronavirus cases and deaths.”

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:54 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:39 pm
Maybe will help make decisions:

“Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan on Monday imposed a nationwide "full closure" until May 17 including a continuous lockdown, school closures and intercity travel restrictions to curb a surge in coronavirus cases and deaths.”
I had read that they were on a curfew anyway, until the 17th May, from 7pm-5am. But this is looking a bit more serious than I originally thought.

Also, I have found out that someone had gone to Turkey from Pakistan in order to avoid the hotel quarantine and was actually sent back by Turkish authorities a few days after. I think they’ve grasped into the fact that people are doing this. I know it’s only one story I’ve heard but I’m sure the Turkish government aren’t stupid and a single person coming from a red list country, when they know the final destination for that person is the UK, would certainly raise doubts.

Thanks for your information, much appreciated.

Nadia

Looks like it’s a straight to UK job. But will keep my eyes peeled.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:11 pm

Maybe a one off then. My friend and his family are in Turkey (all British Citizens). They went to Turkey from Pakistan. They are flying to Heathrow on Thursday. 11 nights in Turkey. Will update on Thursday once they arrive back.

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:06 am

CULLINAN wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:11 pm
Maybe a one off then. My friend and his family are in Turkey (all British Citizens). They went to Turkey from Pakistan. They are flying to Heathrow on Thursday. 11 nights in Turkey. Will update on Thursday once they arrive back.
This sounds promising. Maybe because it is a group of people rather than one person, they don’t have any suspicions? Who knows. I’m also looking at my partner maybe coming through Bahrain, as that’s another country where a visit visa is quite easy to obtain (for Pakistani nationals).

Will await your update.

My nerves are already shot, due to waiting to see the outcome of the fiancé visa application. So this is really helpful. Thank you, once again.

Nadia

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:20 am

As promised for an update, my friend and his family are back in London (arrived Wed not Thurs as I previously stated). No issues and no questions asked.

They are at home and avoided the hotel quarantine via Turkey. However they had to take a covid test before departure from Turkey (which costed around £25) and book the £210 arrival package for Day 2 and Day 8 covid tests as per the covid UK law which they will take at home.

As long you are not in a red list country for the last 10 days before entering UK, no restrictions for hotel quarantine.

sanyari77

Post by sanyari77 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 am

The covid test in turkey is very cheap. Great. Did they stay in a hotel in istambul? Is it easy to get tested there? How much they paid for 10 days in a the hotel? Please guide us. I have 3 family members coming from Pakistan.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:30 am

sanyari77 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:40 am
The covid test in turkey is very cheap. Great. Did they stay in a hotel in istambul? Is it easy to get tested there? How much they paid for 10 days in a the hotel? Please guide us. I have 3 family members coming from Pakistan.
Yes covid test in Turkey is even half cheaper than in Pakistan.

My friend used a company called “CNR Medicare.”
It costed him 250 lira/person. It is around £22-25pp. They came and collected sample in the hotel. The report they gave was from a hospital called “Nisantasi Hospital.”

The room costed around 25-35 EURO per night for 3 adults. They stayed in Istanbul “Sultanahmet area.”
Hope this helps to do a cost benefit analysis.

sanyari77

Post by sanyari77 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:38 pm

Thank you Cullinan

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 pm

I am hearing that Turkey will be on the red list in May aswell

firestar786

Post by firestar786 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:19 pm

wak9001 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 pm
Unless you heard this from the health secretary then it’s ill advised to make such ridiculous ascertains.

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:34 pm

firestar786 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:19 pm
wak9001 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:31 pm
Unless you heard this from the health secretary then it’s ill advised to make such ridiculous ascertains.
Given that everyone from Pakistan / India are going there, it's only a matter of time. No need to get defensive about it :lol: . I do hope that they aren't put on it though.

firestar786

Post by firestar786 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 pm

I don’t think it’s reasonable to write “I hear turkey will go on the red list”

I don’t think it’s reasonable to write “everyone is going there” unless you have access to some database that monitors movements of Indian and Pakistanis with UK citizenship that travelled lately.

I am not being defensive but there’s some people who will read that and take it seriously... and a lot of people are trying to reunite with their families during this time .. myself included!

wak9001

Post by wak9001 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:58 pm

firestar786 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:47 pm
I don’t think it’s reasonable to write “I hear turkey will go on the red list”

I don’t think it’s reasonable to write “everyone is going there” unless you have access to some database that monitors movements of Indian and Pakistanis with UK citizenship that travelled lately.

I am not being defensive but there’s some people who will read that and take it seriously... and a lot of people are trying to reunite with their families during this time .. myself included!
My brother is waiting on the decision of his wifes visa also and the feeling is mutual, we all want Pakistan to come off the red list, let's hope things change soon.