ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Proof of Adress

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

KlaudiaC
Newly Registered
Poland

Citizenship - Proof of Adress

Post by KlaudiaC » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:33 am

Hi folks,
I received a letter from the Dept of Justice to provide additional two utility bills for years 2015 - 2019. I'm guessing what I provided with the application so far wasn't enough.
Here's my question:
I checked with Eir, Sky and Electric Ireland if I can have a copy of my old bills but all said that under GDPR they only keep records for the last 12-15months..

Any ideas how can I provide the documents to the Dept of Justice?
To the application I attached things like car insurance, bank statements, house insurance, Revenue letters as these had my address, but looks like they need more :/

Any help will be very much appreciated.
Klaudia

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Re: Citizenship - Proof of Adress

Post by Vorona » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:13 am

Send them a letter and ask for more time to fulfill their request.
Then contact your gas or electricity providers and ask for your old bills again. They must have them in their system. Last year I got a copy of all my bills from Electric Ireland and Bord Gais for 2014-2019.

Also check your old emails, many companies send copies of the bills by email or at least will notify you about new bill. They will have bill number, amount and the date to pay by. Print them out and provide bank statement that show transactions for these bills.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:37 am

I can’t believe that any utility bill provider would say that they don’t store transaction details older than 15 months. I had also requested for bills 5 years old from Electric Ireland and didn’t have any issue getting them.

They may not have the older PDF version of bills stored in their system, but they must have a list of usage details and payment details - how much you used, how much you paid, method of payment.

You can request for a copy of all data they held on you under GDPR.

toby2020
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by toby2020 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:47 am

is it possible to use letters that were sent from hospitals, doctors, dentists etc for proof of address?

Vorona
- thin ice -
Ireland

Post by Vorona » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:05 pm

toby2020 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:47 am
is it possible to use letters that were sent from hospitals, doctors, dentists etc for proof of address?
Yes, but they will be considered weak.
You will probably get a request for revenue letters and bank statements.

Check this:
https://www.irishimmigration.ie/wp-cont ... idence.pdf

KlaudiaC
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by KlaudiaC » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:18 pm

Thanks guys,

I called Eir/Sky again - 12months data retention for both of them.
Here's what I originally sent with my application pack on the PoA:
2019 - Revenue tax credits, Car insurance, Bank statement
2018 - Revenue tax credits, Car insurance, House insurance
2017 - Revenue tax credits, Car insurance, Car loan bank letter
2016 - Revenue tax credits, PTSB Bank statement, Car loan bank letter
2015 - Revenue tax credits, AIB Bank statement, Car insurance
2014 - Revenue tax credits, AIB Bank statement, Car insurance

For some reason year 2014 wasn't questioned, but the remaining years were.
I'm sully sorted for 2019 - 2017.
I can provide VHI insurance, TV license, house insurance for the rest of the years, but I have nothing more for 2015.. I was living with my parents (in Ire) back then saving for the house so all the utility bills would be in their name.

Any ideas? Should I just ask my dad to write me/them a letter saying I was living at home then? Would that help?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:42 pm

Have you visited any GP, hospital, dentist, opticians? Any one of them should be able to provide you with a letter.

Also write an email to Eir and Sky to ask them to confirm in writing that they only held data for 12 months. You can then print this email, along with anything that you received from them at the time (e.g. when you signed up to them, monthly bill reminder etc) as a proof of usage.

Have you been working or studying? An employer/college letter should work as well.

Take a look at your bank statement and look for some significant spendings, and check if you still have invoices from any of those.) They may not count as a proof but at least you can say that you have exhausted every possible way.

You can of course ask your parents to write an affidavit but you should still try to find some other proofs.

KlaudiaC
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by KlaudiaC » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:12 pm

Good idea with the written confirmation from Eir.
I'll probably hold on with the letters from GP/college and print out the mortgage statements and agreements - that's definitely a better/ more solid proof of my residency.

I'm just slightly surprised that with the PoA's I supplied already they are still looking for more. My understanding was that government letters (P60, tax credits, P21, LPT etc.) would be more valuable than that I have a cable TV...

Imagine if for example I had no car (so no car insurance), had a prepaid phone (so no bill pay bills) and all my house expenditures would be in my husbands name... I know a lot of couples where all the bills are in husband's name and the wife pays for shopping and cost of living, of transfers her half of the bills to husband's account.
Sure I still do that for some of our expenses!

mads32
Ireland

Post by mads32 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:32 am

KlaudiaC wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:12 pm
I'm just slightly surprised that with the PoA's I supplied already they are still looking for more. My understanding was that government letters (P60, tax credits, P21, LPT etc.) would be more valuable than that I have a cable TV...
Before I applied I had a consultation with a solicitor and one of the things she said is that for some unknown reason they seem to be mad about these utility bills, she recommended me to have at least one for every year. The only one I had available were my internet bills (I have pre-paid electricity, pre-paid phone, no TV) and for 3 of those 5 years they don't have my first name on it so I sent 3 months of bank statements on top of that and for some years I sent like 5 proofs of address (Revenue letters, Rental contract, Stamp 4 related letters).

If they ask me for more utility bills I'm pretty much screwed and I have no idea what to do then.