ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependant of a critical skills employment permit holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Lottie67
Newly Registered
Ireland

Dependant of a critical skills employment permit holder

Post by Lottie67 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:08 am

Hello,
I am a dependant of a critical skills employment permit holder. Therefore, I am eligible for a Stamp 3 permission. I have already received a stamp 3 permission. I would just like to know if I have the right to full-time education in College as a dependant stamp 3 holder, or will it affect my application for a stamp 3 IRP Card renewal?
Thank you.

avta
Ireland

Re: Dependant of a critical skills employment permit holder

Post by avta » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:22 pm

Hi,

You can check with the INIS online renewal system to change stamp 3 to stamp 2/2A still as a dependant from CSEP/Stamp 4.
It should be possible:
===
Change of Immigration Status from Stamp 3
Stamp 2: If you wish to become registered as a Student you must attend the GNIB with student documents - an acceptance letter from the school/college, evidence of private medical insurance, and evidence of finances.
===

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:11 pm

The above comment is misleading. DO NOT exchange your Stamp 3 to Stamp 2. The period on Stamp 2 is not counted as reckonable residences.

You can study full time on Stamp 3. However, you must not engage in any work, regardless of whether it's paid or not. Many full-time college courses now require students to work for a semester, which you cannot do under a Stamp 3.

You should consider swapping your Stamp 3 to Stamp 1G. Stamp 1G is specifically designed for spouses of CSEP holders. It allows you to be employed full time (and you can study full time as well). This gives you the flexibility of taking any full-time course which may involve a work placement module. Plus, you can decide to start work full time in any industry as you want.

Lottie67
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Lottie67 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:41 pm

I am actually the child of a critical skills employment holder. I am a dependent adult aged 18-23. I am a stamp 3 holder and I am in full-time education. My course requires me to work in the hospital for clinical placement. It is mandatory to complete the clinical placement for the completion of my Bachelor's degree (4 years).

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:23 pm

Ok that changes the whole situation then.

As I said, Stamp 3 holders can study full time but may not enter any kinds of work. There is no exception.

Therefore, you need to change your stamp to Stamp 2 so that you can study full time and do your clinical placement.

Stamp 2 can be considered reckonable for naturalisation purposes before they reach age 23, if they came to Ireland as a CSEP holder’s dependent.