ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fustrated2019

Re: Zambrano Settled Status EU settlement scheme Paper Application Form - NEW

Post by Fustrated2019 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:52 am
Decision and reasons
7. The burden of proof is on the Appellant and the standard of proof is the balance of probabilities.

8. I have considered all of the evidence on file. I have also considered the submissions filed on behalf of the Appellant.
9. I have considered the written submissions made by both parties. The Secretary of State contends that the Aappellant can make an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM. This assertion goes to the issue of compulsion set out in regulation 16 (5) (c) in that the Secretary of State submits that the British citizen child is not compelled to leave the UK as the Aappellant has the option of making an alternative application for leave to remain under the Immigration Rules. It appears not to be in dispute that that Aappellant has never made an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Rules.
10. Although the Respondent relies on the decision of the Court of Appeal in Patel, that decision was appealed to the Supreme Court and it is that decision which I must follow. In Patel the Supreme Court highlighted at paragraph 3 that the relevant wording of the domestic legislation is “unable to reside” (although the Court was considering regulation 15A of the 2006 Regulations the relevant wording is identical to that in reg 16(5)(c) of the 2016 Regulations).

Lady Arden considered the Zambrano jurisprudence and summarized it as follows;
“What lies at the heart of the Zambrano jurisprudence is the requirement that the Union citizen would be compelled to leave Union territory if the TCN, with whom the Union citizen has a relationship of dependency, is removed. As the CJEU held in O v 4 Maahanmuuttovirasto (Joined Cases C-356/11 and C-357/11) [2013] Fam 203, it is the role of the national court to determine whether the removal of the TCN carer would actually cause the Union citizen to leave the Union. In this case, the FTT found against Mr Patel and concluded that his father would not accompany him to India. That means that, unless Chavez-Vilchez adopts a different approach to compulsion, Mr Patel’s appeal must fail. There is no question of his being able to establish any interference with his Convention right to respect for his private and family life as he has failed already in that regard.”
12. She went on to say at paragraphs 25-28:

“25. The final sentence of para 71 of the CJEU’s judgment in Chavez-Vilchez identifies the matters which the national court must take into account when deciding whether the requirement for compulsion is fulfilled. Chavez-Vilchez has to be read in the light of the particular facts before the CJEU, which were of separated parents where the Union citizen parent was not the primary carer and where the national court might well conclude that, having regard to the child’s best interests and the extent of their ties to their mother, the relevant relationship of dependency on the mother was made out. There is no direct analogy with a case, such as the Shah appeal, where the family is living together. In that situation, where the TCN is the primary carer and the parent with whom the child has the relevant relationship of dependency and the Union parent will stay with them so as to keep the family together, it will be in the child’s best interests to remain with both parents. Because Mr Shah was the primary carer, the need for a relationship of dependency with the TCN was fulfilled. Moreover, the quality of that relationship is under the jurisprudence of the CJEU a relevant factor in determining whether the child is compelled to leave the jurisdiction (see Chavez-Vilchez, para 71; KA, para 70).
26. It is argued that the reference to the need to consider the child’s best interests points to a shift in the law, and that the CJEU refined or diminished the requirement that there has to be compulsion to leave the Union. It is said that that diminution would enable consideration to be given to desirability of the family remaining together and to respect for family life, even in the case of adults. In that way, in judging when a person was compelled to leave the Union, regard would be had to a person’s family life and what he would have to do to maintain that family life.
27. I do not consider that this deduction can be made. In Chavez-Vilchez, the CJEU were concerned with the case of a child and it is clear from KA that the case of a child is quite separate from that of an adult and that in the case of an adult it will only be in “exceptional circumstances” that a TCN will have a derivative right of residence by reference to a relationship of dependency with an adult Union citizen. An adult Union citizen does not have a right to have his family life taken into account if this would diminish the requirement to show compulsion to leave. It must be recalled that in KA the CJEU effectively reaffirmed the need to show compulsion even after making it clear that the decision in Chavez-Vilchez was good law. Accordingly, Chavez-Vilchez does not relax the level of compulsion required in the case of adults, and thus provides no assistance to Mr Patel, whose appeal must therefore fail.
28. Nor does Chavez-Vilchez in fact have any impact on the Shah appeal. The outcome of that appeal depends on the findings of fact by the FTT and on whether the Court of Appeal correctly identified the relevant findings for the purposes of the test of compulsion. The FTT found as a fact that Mr Shah was the primary carer of his infant son and that he, rather than the mother, had by far the greater role in his son’s life (para 15). Accordingly, the child had the relevant relationship of dependency with Mr Shah. The FTT was entitled to make this finding on the facts, because the mother’s evidence that Mr Shah was the primary carer of her child and that she could not assume full responsibility for him because she worked full time was not challenged. The mother’s evidence that if Mr Shah was not allowed to stay in this country they would move as a family was also unchallenged. The FTT went on to reach what it called “an inescapable conclusion” that the son would have to leave with his parents and that accordingly the requirement for compulsion was met.”
Lady Arden looked at the question to be considered at paragraph 30 where she said:
“30. … The overarching question is whether the son would be compelled to leave by reason of his relationship of dependency with his father. In answering that question, the court is required to take account, “in the best interests of the child concerned, of all the specific circumstances, including the age of the child, the child’s physical and emotional development, the extent of his emotional ties both to the Union citizen parent and to the third-country national parent, and the risks which separation from the latter might entail for that child’s equilibrium” (Chavez-Vilchez, para 71). The test of compulsion is thus a practical test to be applied to the actual facts and not to a theoretical set of facts. As explained in para 28 of this judgment, on the FTT’s findings, the son would be compelled to leave with his father, who was his primary carer. That was sufficient compulsion for the purposes of the Zambrano test. There is an obvious difference between this situation of compulsion on the child and impermissible reliance on the right to respect for family life or on the desirability of keeping the family together as a ground for obtaining a derivative residence card. It follows that the Court of Appeal was wrong in this case to bring the question of the mother’s choice into the assessment of compulsion.”
13. In this case the Respondent does not dispute that the Appellant is the primary carer for a British citizen child. The Respondent does not dispute in the RFRL that the Appellant’s child would be compelled to leave the UK with him if he is not granted residence.

14. There is no reference in the Patel judgement to the necessity of exhausting domestic applications before acquiring a derivative right of residence. Regulation 16 makes no reference to a further requirement that rights of residence under domestic law or under the European Convention of Human Rights should be exhausted before a derivative right of residence can be acquired.

15. Although the Respondent asserts in the RFRL that the Appellant should make an application under Appendix FM, no guarantee is given that any such application under the rules will be granted.
16. I further take account of the judgement of Elias LJ in Harrison (Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] 2 CMLR 23 as approved in R (HC) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (AIRE Centre intervening) [2017] UKSC 73, [2017] 3 WLR 1486 that where the non-EU national is refused the right of residence because the EU citizen would not in practice be compelled to leave the country “Article 8 Convention rights may then come into the picture to protect family life as the court recognised in Dereci … but that is an entirely distinct area of protection…” [63]. He made no link between exhaustion of Article 8 rights and an assertion of the EU right of residence. I further note the judgement of Lord Reed in R (Agyarko) v Home Secretary [2017] UKSC 11, [2017] 1 WLR 823 where the said at para 65, in considering the decision of the Grand Chamber in Derici; “As the court made clear, that finding was distinct from the consideration of the case under article 8 of the ECHR or, if applicable, the corresponding provision (article 7) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights.” Further, at paragraph 30 of Patel, Lady Arden distinguished between the issue of compulsion and “impermissible reliance on the right to respect for family life or on the desirability of keeping the family together as a ground for obtaining a derivative residence card”.
17. In my view these decisions make clear that the consideration of the right of derivative residence is distinct from consideration under Article 8. Thus, the Respondent’s view that an application under Article 8 must precede consideration of a derivative right of residence is inconsistent with the view of the CJEU and domestic courts. I agree with the submission made on the Appellant’s behalf in the skeleton argument that the 2016 Regulations and case law must be followed rather than the Home Office policy guidance, where it is inconsistent with the Regulations.

18. In the light of the undisputed facts of this case that the Appellant is the primary carer of a British citizen child, and that child would be unable to reside in the UK or another EEA state if the Appellant were required to leave for an indefinite period, I conclude that the Appellant has established that he has a derivative right of residence in the UK under Regulation 16 and is entitled to a derivative right of residence card in accordance with Regulation 20 of the 2016 Regulations.

NOTICE OF DECISION
I allow the appeal under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016
Anonymity has not been directed

Big congratulations @lagosboy 🎉🎊. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your freedom. Do you think I can use it in my appeal bundle?

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am

Hi @snooky and everyone,

I attended the CRM hearing last week Friday and directions and timescales were given although no hearing date was set . I have just received the H.O bundle containing my DFR1 application, the refusal decision letter and documents I sent . Nothing else . Is this normal please ? The date the court gave the HO to submit their bundle is weeks away . Thank you all

snooky

Post by snooky » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:46 am

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:23 am
Hi @snooky and everyone,

I attended the CRM hearing last week Friday and directions and timescales were given although no hearing date was set . I have just received the H.O bundle containing my DFR1 application, the refusal decision letter and documents I sent . Nothing else . Is this normal please ? The date the court gave the HO to submit their bundle is weeks away . Thank you all
Hi

When HO hasn't got any basis for refusing someone, their bundle is your refusal letter and your previous supporting documents you sent to them.

It is normal and daily routine for them to get you your copy of the application and the refusal letter.

The good news is that, the Onus is on you to prove beyond reasonable doubt and convince the Judge that HO never followed the 1. EEA Reg16 Jurisprudence, 2. The old Patel case has been repel by the Supreme Court one and 3. The compelling factor is the reasoning here but not compulsion then sec 55

Good luck

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:37 am

Lagosbos wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:59 am
IST wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:51 pm
Lagosbos wrote:
Decision and reasons
7. The burden of proof is on the Appellant and the standard of proof is the balance of probabilities.

8. I have considered all of the evidence on file. I have also considered the submissions filed on behalf of the Appellant.
9. I have considered the written submissions made by both parties. The Secretary of State contends that the Aappellant can make an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM. This assertion goes to the issue of compulsion set out in regulation 16 (5) (c) in that the Secretary of State submits that the British citizen child is not compelled to leave the UK as the Aappellant has the option of making an alternative application for leave to remain under the Immigration Rules. It appears not to be in dispute that that Aappellant has never made an application for leave to remain under Appendix FM of the Rules.
10. Although the Respondent relies on the decision of the Court of Appeal in Patel, that decision was appealed to the Supreme Court and it is that decision which I must follow. In Patel the Supreme Court highlighted at paragraph 3 that the relevant wording of the domestic legislation is “unable to reside” (although the Court was considering regulation 15A of the 2006 Regulations the relevant wording is identical to that in reg 16(5)(c) of the 2016 Regulations).

“What lies at the heart of the Zambrano jurisprudence is the requirement that the Union citizen would be compelled to leave Union territory if the TCN, with whom the Union citizen has a relationship of dependency, is removed. As the CJEU held in O v 4 Maahanmuuttovirasto (Joined Cases C-356/11 and C-357/11) [2013] Fam 203, it is the role of the national court to determine whether the removal of the TCN carer would actually cause the Union citizen to leave the Union. In this case, the FTT found against Mr Patel and concluded that his father would not accompany him to India. That means that, unless Chavez-Vilchez adopts a different approach to compulsion, Mr Patel’s appeal must fail. There is no question of his being able to establish any interference with his Convention right to respect for his private and family life as he has failed already in that regard.”

“25. The final sentence of para 71 of the CJEU’s judgment in Chavez-Vilchez identifies the matters which the national court must take into account when deciding whether the requirement for compulsion is fulfilled. Chavez-Vilchez has to be read in the light of the particular facts before the CJEU, which were of separated parents where the Union citizen parent was not the primary carer and where the national court might well conclude that, having regard to the child’s best interests and the extent of their ties to their mother, the relevant relationship of dependency on the mother was made out. There is no direct analogy with a case, such as the Shah appeal, where the family is living together. In that situation, where the TCN is the primary carer and the parent with whom the child has the relevant relationship of dependency and the Union parent will stay with them so as to keep the family together, it will be in the child’s best interests to remain with both parents. Because Mr Shah was the primary carer, the need for a relationship of dependency with the TCN was fulfilled. Moreover, the quality of that relationship is under the jurisprudence of the CJEU a relevant factor in determining whether the child is compelled to leave the jurisdiction (see Chavez-Vilchez, para 71; KA, para 70).
26. It is argued that the reference to the need to consider the child’s best interests points to a shift in the law, and that the CJEU refined or diminished the requirement that there has to be compulsion to leave the Union. It is said that that diminution would enable consideration to be given to desirability of the family remaining together and to respect for family life, even in the case of adults. In that way, in judging when a person was compelled to leave the Union, regard would be had to a person’s family life and what he would have to do to maintain that family life.
27. I do not consider that this deduction can be made. In Chavez-Vilchez, the CJEU were concerned with the case of a child and it is clear from KA that the case of a child is quite separate from that of an adult and that in the case of an adult it will only be in “exceptional circumstances” that a TCN will have a derivative right of residence by reference to a relationship of dependency with an adult Union citizen. An adult Union citizen does not have a right to have his family life taken into account if this would diminish the requirement to show compulsion to leave. It must be recalled that in KA the CJEU effectively reaffirmed the need to show compulsion even after making it clear that the decision in Chavez-Vilchez was good law. Accordingly, Chavez-Vilchez does not relax the level of compulsion required in the case of adults, and thus provides no assistance to Mr Patel, whose appeal must therefore fail.
28. Nor does Chavez-Vilchez in fact have any impact on the Shah appeal. The outcome of that appeal depends on the findings of fact by the FTT and on whether the Court of Appeal correctly identified the relevant findings for the purposes of the test of compulsion. The FTT found as a fact that Mr Shah was the primary carer of his infant son and that he, rather than the mother, had by far the greater role in his son’s life (para 15). Accordingly, the child had the relevant relationship of dependency with Mr Shah. The FTT was entitled to make this finding on the facts, because the mother’s evidence that Mr Shah was the primary carer of her child and that she could not assume full responsibility for him because she worked full time was not challenged. The mother’s evidence that if Mr Shah was not allowed to stay in this country they would move as a family was also unchallenged. The FTT went on to reach what it called “an inescapable conclusion” that the son would have to leave with his parents and that accordingly the requirement for compulsion was met.”
Lady Arden looked at the question to be considered at paragraph 30 where she said:
“30. … The overarching question is whether the son would be compelled to leave by reason of his relationship of dependency with his father. In answering that question, the court is required to take account, “in the best interests of the child concerned, of all the specific circumstances, including the age of the child, the child’s physical and emotional development, the extent of his emotional ties both to the Union citizen parent and to the third-country national parent, and the risks which separation from the latter might entail for that child’s equilibrium” (Chavez-Vilchez, para 71). The test of compulsion is thus a practical test to be applied to the actual facts and not to a theoretical set of facts. As explained in para 28 of this judgment, on the FTT’s findings, the son would be compelled to leave with his father, who was his primary carer. That was sufficient compulsion for the purposes of the Zambrano test. There is an obvious difference between this situation of compulsion on the child and impermissible reliance on the right to respect for family life or on the desirability of keeping the family together as a ground for obtaining a derivative residence card. It follows that the Court of Appeal was wrong in this case to bring the question of the mother’s choice into the assessment of compulsion.”
13. In this case the Respondent does not dispute that the Appellant is the primary carer for a British citizen child. The Respondent does not dispute in the RFRL that the Appellant’s child would be compelled to leave the UK with him if he is not granted residence.

14. There is no reference in the Patel judgement to the necessity of exhausting domestic applications before acquiring a derivative right of residence. Regulation 16 makes no reference to a further requirement that rights of residence under domestic law or under the European Convention of Human Rights should be exhausted before a derivative right of residence can be acquired.

15. Although the Respondent asserts in the RFRL that the Appellant should make an application under Appendix FM, no guarantee is given that any such application under the rules will be granted.
16. I further take account of the judgement of Elias LJ in Harrison (Jamaica) v Secretary of State for the Home Department [2013] 2 CMLR 23 as approved in R (HC) v Secretary of State for Work and Pensions (AIRE Centre intervening) [2017] UKSC 73, [2017] 3 WLR 1486 that where the non-EU national is refused the right of residence because the EU citizen would not in practice be compelled to leave the country “Article 8 Convention rights may then come into the picture to protect family life as the court recognised in Dereci … but that is an entirely distinct area of protection…” [63]. He made no link between exhaustion of Article 8 rights and an assertion of the EU right of residence. I further note the judgement of Lord Reed in R (Agyarko) v Home Secretary [2017] UKSC 11, [2017] 1 WLR 823 where the said at para 65, in considering the decision of the Grand Chamber in Derici; “As the court made clear, that finding was distinct from the consideration of the case under article 8 of the ECHR or, if applicable, the corresponding provision (article 7) of the Charter of Fundamental Rights.” Further, at paragraph 30 of Patel, Lady Arden distinguished between the issue of compulsion and “impermissible reliance on the right to respect for family life or on the desirability of keeping the family together as a ground for obtaining a derivative residence card”.
17. In my view these decisions make clear that the consideration of the right of derivative residence is distinct from consideration under Article 8. Thus, the Respondent’s view that an application under Article 8 must precede consideration of a derivative right of residence is inconsistent with the view of the CJEU and domestic courts. I agree with the submission made on the Appellant’s behalf in the skeleton argument that the 2016 Regulations and case law must be followed rather than the Home Office policy guidance, where it is inconsistent with the Regulations.

18. In the light of the undisputed facts of this case that the Appellant is the primary carer of a British citizen child, and that child would be unable to reside in the UK or another EEA state if the Appellant were required to leave for an indefinite period, I conclude that the Appellant has established that he has a derivative right of residence in the UK under Regulation 16 and is entitled to a derivative right of residence card in accordance with Regulation 20 of the 2016 Regulations.

NOTICE OF DECISION
Congratulations , well deserved enjoy your freedom
Thanks IST. Probably not needed, but any word on your DRF1 appeal yet?
Not news at all still waiting , has been a while since lodged an appeal.

Prettymum

Post by Prettymum » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:12 am

IST wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:52 pm
Prettymum wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm
I have Good news my friends in the house

Zambrano application: refused in July 2020
I was advised to make application for private life

Applied for fee waiver: August 2020
Fee waiver granted: 02/09/2020

Application for private life done in 02/09/20

First Flr FP application

In person biometrics 16/10/20

Escalated in January 2021: Response not completed

Escalated in April 21 2021: Response not completed

Visa Approval: 22/04/21

BRP Card Received :waiting...

Good luck to those still waiting
Congratulations Prettymum

Thank you IST🙂

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 pm

snooky wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:46 am
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Hi @snooky and everyone,

Hi

When HO hasn't got any basis for refusing someone, their bundle is your refusal letter and your previous supporting documents you sent to them.

It is normal and daily routine for them to get you your copy of the application and the refusal letter.

The good news is that, the Onus is on you to prove beyond reasonable doubt and convince the Judge that HO never followed the 1. EEA Reg16 Jurisprudence, 2. The old Patel case has been repel by the Supreme Court one and 3. The compelling factor is the reasoning here but not compulsion then sec 55

Good luck

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:26 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:25 pm
snooky wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:46 am
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Hi @snooky and everyone,

Hi

Good luck
Thank you so much @snooky .

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:55 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Decision and reasons

NOTICE OF DECISION

Big congratulations @lagosboy 🎉🎊. Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your freedom. Do you think I can use it in my appeal bundle?
Thank you Frustrated 2019. I'm sure you can pick out some relevant case laws the judge made reference to add to the ready made template Snooky had already shared on this forum.

In my case, I'm a married to a British Spouse and with a British Child and currently with a leave to remain as a spouse. Part of my main argument was that my entire family unit would be forced to leave the UK with me. Basically, HO has no right to tell us what leave to apply for as everyone has always mentioned here.

All the best with your forthcoming hearing.

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:20 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:22 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:45 pm
ojoke2020 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:54 pm
ojoke2020 wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:11 pm
Hi everyone,
Hope you're all good. I'm a new participant on this platform but I've been following the trends for a long while now. Please I need your kind help about my derivative application that has just been refused and received today. I made an application on EU Settlement Scheme last year September which is still ongoing but put in a derivative application based on @Snooky's advice that it helps in getting positive decision July 2020. I received the derivative decision refused today but my EU Scheme has not been decided on (It's exactly a year I applied for that this September).

Please I need help on the right and quick steps to follow for my appeal. I have just 11 days to go as the letter read from the date the decision was sent (7th Sept., 2020).
@Ngoo, @Snooky, @IST, @Mubashir1981, @lulubaby just to mention few.

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!
Thank you in advance.

Hello everyone,

I am here again this morning to express my joy and appreciate you my helpers and supporters in this journey.
It is with great joy to announce to you all that I received the DRF1 positive decision today through post.
The decision is now allowed!

All thanks to you Snooky for your advice and write up on this platform it has helped and gone a long way in this achievement and may the Lord continually Bless you and your family.
To all others @ admin, @lulubaby, @ Mubashir1981, @Ngoo, @IST, @Sabi92, @Greatgreat and others, you've all been wonderful! Thanks a million to you all.
@lulubaby may the good Lord see you through with yours as the Lord has done it for others, you will be settled in Jesus name.

Pertaining to my EUSS appeal submitted since October last year, followed by series of calls to get acknowledgment of submission, the reply had always been "we can't find your application online".
To cut the long story short, today after putting a call through, it was seen and established just yesterday according to the tribunal.
I will continue to update you all on the progress. Let us all keep fighting until we get a positive result.

Thank you.

Congratulations @ojoke 🎉🎊 . The end is in sight. Please what bundle did you you use as I am going through the DFR1 appeal at the moment.
@frustrated2019
I used the argument by Snooky on page 36, please check it.
Hi Ojoke2020,

Did your BRC arrived yet and did you end up putting in a new EUSS application or you just waiting on your appeal?

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:30 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:55 pm
Fustrated2019 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:06 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Decision and reasons

NOTICE OF DECISION

Thank you Frustrated 2019. I'm sure you can pick out some relevant case laws the judge made reference to add to the ready made template Snooky had already shared on this forum.

In my case, I'm a married to a British Spouse and with a British Child and currently with a leave to remain as a spouse. Part of my main argument was that my entire family unit would be forced to leave the UK with me. Basically, HO has no right to tell us what leave to apply for as everyone has always mentioned here.

All the best with your forthcoming hearing.
@lagosboy thank you for your reply . I have @snooky's amazing template already. Thank you for sharing your decision , i am in similar circumstances and have leave to remain as a parent of a BC. Congratulations once more.

ojoke2020
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by ojoke2020 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:52 pm

@lagosboy congratulations for your breakthrough.

My BRC has not arrived, for the HO has applied for permission to challenge the decision of the first tier tribunal to upper tribunal.
I was shocked when I received the court message informing me of the HO action few days after I received the (DERIVATIVE RESIDENCE CARD) initial decision.

My EUSS appeal is in progress too, so I didn't make any fresh application for this. Finger cross, I'm still waiting for both decision now.

@Snooky, please is it advisable to put in a fresh EUSS application while waiting for the appeal of a previous one.

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:17 pm

ojoke2020 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:52 pm
@lagosboy congratulations for your breakthrough.

My BRC has not arrived, for the HO has applied for permission to challenge the decision of the first tier tribunal to upper tribunal.
I was shocked when I received the court message informing me of the HO action few days after I received the (DERIVATIVE RESIDENCE CARD) initial decision.

My EUSS appeal is in progress too, so I didn't make any fresh application for this. Finger cross, I'm still waiting for both decision now.

@Snooky, please is it advisable to put in a fresh EUSS application while waiting for the appeal of a previous one.
They don’t just give up do they?🙄 All the very best on the awaited outcomes.

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:26 pm

Prettymum wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:36 pm
I have Good news my friends in the house

Zambrano application: refused in July 2020
I was advised to make application for private life

Applied for fee waiver: August 2020
Fee waiver granted: 02/09/2020

Application for private life done in 02/09/20

First Flr FP application

In person biometrics 16/10/20

Escalated in January 2021: Response not completed

Escalated in April 21 2021: Response not completed

Visa Approval: 22/04/21

BRP Card Received :waiting...

Good luck to those still waiting
@ prettymum, Congratulations and I wish all the best. Stay blessed !!! 🎉🎉🎉

Ngoo
Nigeria

Post by Ngoo » Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:35 pm

Lagosbos wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:21 am
Lagosbos wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:58 am
Miss-Suz wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:13 am
lolwe wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:41 am
ZAMBRANO CARERS V SSHD ---Join the Group Litigation Order (GLO) against the Home Office!

Which category represents you? Reply to the thread and add your name to the right group.

Category 1: Zambrano carers who do not currently have leave to remain under Appendix FM

Miss Suz
Lagosbos (?)

Category 2: Zambrano carers who were refused because they had leave to remain under Appendix FM

Gee (?)
Greatgreat (?)

Please note: This legal claim is for Zambrano carers who have been refused settled or pre-settled status after making an settlement application for EUSS (under Appendix EU).
Morning Lolwe,

You’re star 👌🏽👌🏽 👏🏾👏🏾
Thanks again for everything

Morning Greatgreat and Gee , thanks a lot guys.
Which one of you would like to start to file the first GLO? as you qualify for fee waiver
Category 2: Zambrano carers who were refused because they had leave to remain under Appendix

Category 2 is applicable to me. I currently have a pending appeal for my DRF1 and a pending second application for EUSS. Unfortunately, I'm not qualified for a fee waiver for the GRO. so if anyone could file it on our behalf that would be great.
Dear all,

I'm thankful and glad to inform the house that my DRF1 appeal has been allowed. The judge allowed the appeal making reference to the below relevant case laws for anyone that might find it useful. Funny enough, my second EUSS application was refused last Friday, but in light of this positive outcome I will be making another application. Thanking the entire member of this forum their insights, knowledge and encouragement, and I hope and pray we all have more positive stories to share in the remainder of the months for the EUSS.

NOTICE OF DECISION
@Lagosbos, a massive congratulations to you and your family. Enjoy your freedom. Ensure you bang in a fresh application with the Judge’s decision as soon as possible. Best of luck!

Lagosbos

Post by Lagosbos » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:13 am

Many thanks @ngoo

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:05 pm

Hi please what does it mean when HO wants to Stay a Judicial Review and transfer it to an Administrative court?.

Oh God, it just feels like this is never ending. IST, Ngoo, Snooky, you all, I am near despair. I believe, help my unbelief.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:05 pm
Hi please what does it mean when HO wants to Stay a Judicial Review and transfer it to an Administrative court?.

Oh God, it just feels like this is never ending. IST, Ngoo, Snooky, you all, I am near despair. I believe, help my unbelief.
Hi Lulubaby

I m so sorry to hear that you still struggling.

I think what mean is that will be different department within JR, I might be wrong. Hopefully Snooky will have concrete information

Fustrated2019

Post by Fustrated2019 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:41 pm

LULUBABY wrote:

I don’t know the answer@lulubaby but I just want to say hang in there 😊

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:00 pm

IST wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm
LULUBABY wrote:

Hi Lulubaby

I think what mean is that will be different department within JR, I might be wrong. Hopefully Snooky will have concrete information
Thanks for your quick reply. I just needed 'someone to talk to'. HO sent me 'a very polite' email telling me they were planning to apply to Stay the case, then asked me to let them know what I intend the do, whether I will oppose, accept or take another decision.
I didn't reply.
They now sent me an email notifying of their application for Stay and to transfer it to the
Administrative court.

IST
Uruguay

Post by IST » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:07 pm

LULUBABY wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:00 pm
IST wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:27 pm
LULUBABY wrote:

Hi Lulubaby

Thanks for your quick reply. I just needed 'someone to talk to'. HO sent me 'a very polite' email telling me they were planning to apply to Stay the case, then asked me to let them know what I intend the do, whether I will oppose, accept or take another decision.
I didn't reply.
They now sent me an email notifying of their application for Stay and to transfer it to the
Administrative court.
I think they have noticed that they will loose the JR so I sent it to AC and I hope you will be betting a positive outcome soon. Fingers crossed

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:10 pm

Fustrated2019 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:41 pm
LULUBABY wrote:

I don’t know the answer@lulubaby but I just want to say hang in there 😊
Thank you so much. It just feels like when you are quarrelling with someone bigger and stronger than you and because of your 'sharp mouth' that person tells you to just repeat what you said again, your heart melts and and out of pride you just say "you can't do anything and walk away" while in your heart you are begging God to please let the person ignore your talks and just go away.

Chris90
Mood:

Post by Chris90 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:12 pm

@ lulubaby

This is not a bad thing, it shows they are not confident they will win.

Understand H.O can withdraw their refusal decision at any time before a judge rules, with that said ask yourself why transfer the case to another court?

Remember judicial review only review the decision H.O made and then a judge rules on it with what the laws says.

Most of us here is not familiar with admin court but ask yourself this, can you trust H.O to not introduce new arguments should you agree to stay and transfer?

I would oppose and ask them to withdraw with intention to grant the biometric card, if they don't want that then judicial review continues.

Be careful, you do not know what legal strategy they have plan should you let this go admin court.

Plus if you win they pay your reasonable legal cost in JR

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Chris90 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:12 pm
@ lulubaby

This is not a bad thing, it shows they are not confident they will win.

Understand H.O can withdraw their refusal decision at any time before a judge rules, with that said ask yourself why transfer the case to another court?

Remember judicial review only review the decision H.O made and then a judge rules on it with what the laws says.

Most of us here is not familiar with admin court but ask yourself this, can you trust H.O to not introduce new arguments should you agree to stay and transfer?

I would oppose and ask them to withdraw with intention to grant the biometric card, if they don't want that then judicial review continues.

Be careful, you do not know what legal strategy they have plan should you let this go admin court.

Plus if you win they pay your reasonable legal cost in JR
Chris90 I have been wondering the same thing too. Remember in the last letter from the courts HO was asked to submit their defence against the Khan .... judgement served to both of us and in that letter, the judge reminded HO that HO did not appeal that case which they lost.

Instead, HO is busy bombarding me with their invoice of when my paper hearing submission was refused.

Now that the oral hearing has been accepted and a date yet to be fixed, HO is busy bombarding me with the invoice of the refused paper hearing meanwhile asking to Stay the oral hearing.

I tried getting a lawyer but she advised me to just 'apply for fee waiver and renew my expired LTR. I spent minutes convincing her that there are case laws and judgements to support my cause that HO is wrong, lo and behold she then accepted to take on my case and told me that she is '"expensive" and charged me 1000 pounds. I asked myself are you to pay her or should you Lulubaby be the one charging consultation fees for 'eye opening' .

snooky

Post by snooky » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:12 pm

LULUBABY wrote:

Hi

An administrative court is a type of court specializing in administrative law, particularly disputes concerning the exercise of public power. Their role is to ascertain that official acts are consistent with the law. Such courts are considered separate from general courts.

What the Administrative Court does. ... carry out a judicial review of decisions made by other courts, tribunals and public bodies. hear challenges to decisions made by certain people or bodies (eg ministers or local government) where legislation has given the right to challenge.

LULUBABY
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by LULUBABY » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:53 pm

Please moderators am I allowed to post this:

2. The Respondent notes that this claim raises substantially similar issues to those in a number of other applications for permission to apply for judicial review which are currently before the Administrative Court. The Respondent respectfully requests the Tribunal urgently transfer this claim to the Administrative Court.

3. The Respondent further requests that this matter be stayed pending the determination of the High Court of the judicial review xxxxxxx should this claim be transferred to the Administrative Court.

4. The points of law under consideration in xxxxxxx substantially overlap with those under consideration in this case. The points of law under consideration in xxxxxxxx

a. whether paragraph (b) of the definition of a ‘person with a Zambrano right to reside’ as defined in Annex 1 to Appendix EU to the Immigration Rules (that is, the requirement that the applicant not hold leave to enter or remain granted under another Part, or outside, of the Immigration Rules) is required to be consistent with EU law, given the inclusion of such persons in the EU Settlement Scheme is a wholly domestic policy without basis in the Withdrawal Agreement;

b. whether paragraph (b) of the definition is consistent with EU law (if the answer to (i) is that it is required to be), the SSHD’s position being that it is, because an applicant who holds leave to enter or remain in the UK will be unable to demonstrate that the British citizen over whom they exercise a primary care responsibility would be compelled to leave the territory of the UK or EEA (which is a well-established requirement for the existence of a derivative right to reside per the judgment of the Court of Justice of the European Union in Zambrano, and the accompanying suite of jurisprudence and, therefore, under regulation 16(5)(c) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2016);

c. irrespective of the considerations in (i) and (ii), whether paragraph (b) of the definition is compatible with Articles 8 and 14 of the European Convention on Human Rights; and

d. whether paragraph (b) is otherwise rational, in light of the fact that a person who had leave to enter or remain in the UK at the end of the transition period specified in the Withdrawal Agreement (23:00 GMT on 31 December 2020) was not affected by the UK’s withdrawal from the EU and thus had no need to avail themselves of the EU Settlement Scheme.

6. It is submitted that the judgment in Xxxxxc is likely to be of considerable assistance to a judge in deciding this case. It may have the effect of causing one or other party in this case to reconsider their position, thereby simplifying the task of the judge.

7. It is submitted that the judgment xxxxxxx is likely to have a substantial effect on the position which the SSHD takes in this case. If the transfer and stay is refused, the SSHD is likely to have to amend her position in light of that judgment, and the Applicant is likely to have to do so as well in response. This would lead to the unnecessary incurring of costs, whereas granting the transfer and stay would reduce or avoid those costs while providing helpful clarification of the issues.

8. The SSHD invites the Upper Tribunal to direct that this claim be transferred to the Administrative Court and also be stayed until after the handing down of judgment xxxxxxx, and that thereafter the SSHD will file and serve Supplementary Grounds in response to the Applicant’s grounds of renewal, and the parties will have liberty to apply.