ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to UK from a redlist Country through non red list country

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jaango123
Newly Registered
India

Travelling to UK from a redlist Country through non red list country

Post by jaango123 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:04 am

Hi All,
My Spouse is in UK for studies and I have "Leave to enter " valid now. However I cant travel to UK as all the flights are cancelled or very less as I am from a red list country.

Can I take a tourist visa to a non red list country, stay there for 14 days(quarantine), then travel to UK from there?
I am aware that I need to follow the guidelines in the non red list country but is this possible? I am also aware that i need covid test package to be booked while travelling to UK and be in 10 days quarantine(which will be with my spouse).

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Travelling to UK from a redlist Country through non red list country

Post by sah10406 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:22 am

Please think twice before looking for ways to "game" the system in this way.

Countries around the world have imposed travel restrictions, bans and quarantines for reasons of public health and safety during this worldwide pandemic catastrophe.

If these restrictions are disrupting our personal hopes and plans for international travel, that is a shame, but frankly it is exactly why they have been imposed.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

uuee6543

Post by uuee6543 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 am

sah10406 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:22 am
Please think twice before looking for ways to "game" the system in this way.

Countries around the world have imposed travel restrictions, bans and quarantines for reasons of public health and safety during this worldwide pandemic catastrophe.

If these restrictions are disrupting our personal hopes and plans for international travel, that is a shame, but frankly it is exactly why they have been imposed.

This is not “gaming” the system in any way. Gaming the system would be trying to cheat altogether by using multiple passports i.e. doing something illegal. They are suggesting staying in another country for 11+ days. How is this gaming the system? If you stay in a green/amber country for 11+ days then the red list country rules don’t apply to you anymore, plain and simple. There is no gaming the system involved it is perfectly legal and in fact if you contact the UK government email address (MQS_Operations_Generalquery@dhsc.gov.uk) asking for advice on what to do if you can’t afford to pay £1750, this is what the recommend (!).

modacus
Newly Registered
Zimbabwe

Post by modacus » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:16 pm

i will be traveling to the uk in October from a red list country where i am currently living. as i cannot afford to pay for the uk hotel quarantine i have been advised to travel to an amber listed country and stay for 11 days before then traveling to the uk. Will this work or will i still be forced to quarantine from the hotels? any information going about it this way would help.
thanks