ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for maid / servant / househelper ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

World will end
inactive
Pakistan

Visitor visa for maid / servant / househelper ?

Post by World will end » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 am

We are from Pakistan. we all have 2 year visit visa to UK. we have a female helper at home. She is paid in cash every month and otherwise she is dependent on us. Can we apply for her visit visa to UK to travel with us ? Is there any such thing or category ?

Casa

Re: Visitor visa for maid / servant / househelper ?

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:50 am

World will end wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:19 am
We are from Pakistan. we all have 2 year visit visa to UK. we have a female helper at home. She is paid in cash every month and otherwise she is dependent on us. Can we apply for her visit visa to UK to travel with us ? Is there any such thing or category ?
According to your previous posts, you are currently in the UK as a visitor and your husband is British. When you say "we all have a 2 year visit visa' , who do you mean by 'all'?

It seems that you are in the process of submitting your Spouse Settlement visa application. Once this is granted, your visitor visa will no longer be valid. Your female helper's visitor visa application is unlikely to be approved, due to your intention to settle in the UK, as the Entry Clearance Officer will doubt your helper's strong ties to her home country if she is dependent on your financial support.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

World will end
inactive
Pakistan

Post by World will end » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:34 am

My parents and younger brother also have visit visas.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:38 am

Casa wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:50 am

It seems that you are in the process of submitting your Spouse Settlement visa application. Once this is granted, your visitor visa will no longer be valid. Your female helper's visitor visa application is unlikely to be approved, due to your intention to settle in the UK, as the Entry Clearance Officer will doubt your helper's strong ties to her home country if she is dependent on your financial support.
Thank you for the clarification. My advice above remains the same. Also, if your intention is for the family helper to carry out her duties while in the UK as a visitor, this would not be permitted (paid or unpaid).
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.