ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa 90 days visa extension before travelling

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MACY
Pakistan

Spouse Visa 90 days visa extension before travelling

Post by MACY » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am

Hello,

My wife received her spouse Visa from Pakistan and she got 90 days vignette on her Passport. Due to the country being in the red list is it possible that i can request for 90 days period extension from Home Office. The reason i want to extend the period is that 2 of my kids are toddlers and it wont be possible for them to stay in a hotel for ten days. Second the hotel quarantine charges are extortionate for three people. So it is better to wait out the situation and hope that red list updates. Please advice i will highly appreciate. Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Spouse Visa 90 days visa extension before travelling

Post by manci » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:42 am

from the Government guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... outside-uk

If your 90 day vignette has expired, you will need to apply for a replacement by completing the online form. The cost of replacing an expired 90 day vignette is £154 and you will need to make an appointment to resubmit your biometric information.

We strongly advise that you only apply for a new visa, or apply to replace an expired vignette, when you are confident you can travel to the UK. The new vignette will be valid for a period of 90 days. If you cannot travel during this time, you may need to apply again to update your vignette.

If you have submitted an application for a replacement vignette, and are still awaiting a decision, but now no longer intend to travel, you should submit a withdrawal request at the Visa Application Centre that you applied from in order for your passport to be released back to you.
Personal opinion, not professional or legal advice

Nadbo

Post by Nadbo » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:22 pm

MACY wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am

Second the hotel quarantine charges are extortionate for three people.
Children under 5 are not charged. From what you have said, it would cost you a total of £1750, for your wife and 2 children.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Sat May 08, 2021 11:11 am

MACY wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am
Hello,

My wife received her spouse Visa from Pakistan and she got 90 days vignette on her Passport. Due to the country being in the red list is it possible that i can request for 90 days period extension from Home Office. The reason i want to extend the period is that 2 of my kids are toddlers and it wont be possible for them to stay in a hotel for ten days. Second the hotel quarantine charges are extortionate for three people. So it is better to wait out the situation and hope that red list updates. Please advice i will highly appreciate. Thanks
Red list countries and territories
What you must do if you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

If you have been in a country or territory on the red list in the last 10 days you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish National, or you have residence rights in the UK.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-a ... ng-england

Your wife will be allowed to travel to the UK without any problem.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.