ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Digital photo query / when to submit GNIB

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

seancool

Digital photo query / when to submit GNIB

Post by seancool » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:19 pm

I got citizenship approval recently, a quick question, how do you guys get digital photo?

I can't find anywhere open for that.

I went to photo booth, printed photo out and use the phone take a picture of it.

It doesn't seem to be perfect....

Another question is when do we need to post the physical card to the department?

Thank you!

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Re: Digital photo query / when to submit GNIB

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm

I usually just do a selfie against a white wall. Tons of apps out there to let you basically customise everything.

seancool

Post by seancool » Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:41 pm

littlerr wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:37 pm
I usually just do a selfie against a white wall. Tons of apps out there to let you basically customise everything.
Right,, thank you, I will do that if they refuse my photo.

Do you know when we need to post physical GNIB to them? Is it after you receive naturalization certificate, then post it to passport office?

Thanks.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:58 pm

Back then it was photos + GNIB + 950 euro draft together in an envelope, but that was a couple of years ago.

The instructions might have been completely different now (especially with the online payment and declaration of fidelity form). You should just follow whatever they asked you to do in their letter.

Btw currently an Irish/EU citizen cannot hold an IRP card, so they would have to ask you to send it back before you officially become an Irish citizen.