ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP whilst on visitor visa (standard 6 month one)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

myers1811
Newly Registered
Mood:

BRP whilst on visitor visa (standard 6 month one)

Post by myers1811 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:14 pm

Hello,

My fiancé (Canadian) was in England with me for 2 years on the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme, this was from Nov 2018 to Oct 2020.

We then went back to Canada for a couple of months and then returned to England (Where I was born) in January 2021 on the visitor visa.

Since then, she has found out she is pregnant, so we were going to apply for the Spouse Visa so that I can support her and our baby and we can all be together in England. However, we have found out that you can't apply for a visa whilst on a visitor visa, she would need to return to Canada.

This is not an option for us finically or as a family because due to covid, we could be separated for an unknown period of time if a new variant is found or borders get closed. (I wouldn't be able to go Canada with her)

We called the Home Office and a lady told us that we should apply for a BRP card (She had one before but it expired in Nov 2020) and that would allow her to stay in the UK for a period of time and be able to work.

This to us seems to good to be true as we went through the application process to see what it requires and it would only cost us £75 compared the £1000 we were planning on paying for the Spouse Visa.

Does anyone know if this is right?

Thank you, Ryan & Hope

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP whilst on visitor visa (standard 6 month one)

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:19 pm

You have not been given the correct information at all. She cannot apply for a brp as she doesn't hold a valid visa that a brp is issued for or allow her to stay and work. There is no cheap route at all, either in the UK or from abroad.

The call centre is outsourced to a third party agent.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.