ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK criminal record and family life

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Gabrieloloniyo1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

UK criminal record and family life

Post by Gabrieloloniyo1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:19 am

Hello I need your help I have previously been to prison I have been to court over five times won one but lost the remain 4 and now they are trying to deport me I have my family here and my children are here aswell i don’t know what to do can anyone help me please thank you

secret.simon

Re: UK criminal record and family life

Post by secret.simon » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:53 am

Are either you or your partner an EEA citizen?

Are either your partner or you a British citizen?

If not either of the above two, what is your partner's immigration status in the UK?
Gabrieloloniyo1 wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:19 am
I have my family here and my children are here aswell
Are there any reasons as to why your family and children can't live with you in your country of origin?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Gabrieloloniyo1
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Gabrieloloniyo1 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:14 pm

My partner is a uk citizens which I have two children with and my parents are here too in the uk with British status,I am the only one without and I had IlR which had an expired date on it which still give me concern till now which the home office took from and told me I can’t work or do anything within the uk 🇬🇧 my problem is that I have been to prison for GBH with 4years 8month and I have been to detention center for a year

aj89
Newly Registered

Post by aj89 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:43 am

You may be able to appeal because of the right to family life. The difficulty is you may be seen as a persistent offender and the Home Office get more concerned if there's more minor offences and then a bigger one (like the imprisonment for GBH).

I understand your fears. My husband had a number of smaller convictions between 2012 to 2015 then in 2020 went to jail for 4 months. We now know all of it is because of autism. I know he has autism because of my profession, he was told by a psychologist that he has autism but we have nothing in writing as lawyers have refused to share the report and he has only just finally been placed on a waiting list for autism assessment. It may take 3, 4, 6 months to actually invite him for assessment and we only have 2 months to go. People with autism can't deal with change so sending him back to his country and without me would turn his life upside down especially he's been sectioned before because of mental health problems in the past. (His offences in the past all took place within 6 months during that period around the time he was sectioned).

I'm concerned he will appear to be a person of concern when actually he's just struggled in isolation until meeting me and never had any previous support. He's also dependent on me for support with everything. I just cannot prove so much of this.

He applied in 2019 and we have had no response because they were waiting for the court case to end. It ended in 2020 and still no response!

Have you contacted a lawyer for advice about appealing the deportation decision?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:28 pm

You seem to be a serial offender Gabriel, why should the UK HO allow you to remain in the country? You've already cost a fortune in prison and court costs and police time etc. If you were in prison for 4 years and 8 months, then your sentence must have been considerably longer that, making it a pretty serious crime.

Maybe you should have contemplated your situation before committing crimes, instead of now trying to find a way to stay in a country you have shown no respect for.