ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr and schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mattecube
Newly Registered

ilr and schengen visa

Post by mattecube » Sat May 01, 2021 1:31 pm

My wife and her daughter are waiting the outcome of the ILR application (they are in their 14th week of waiting) as soon as they get it we want to holiday in France and Spain.(please no comments about covid restrictions)

I have read somewhere that they need to of held ILR status for 3 months but I have also read somewhere that they have to of lived in the UK for 3 months before they apply for a schengen visa.
The more I read it, is it that those EU citizens who have comeover and switched to ILR need to of held ILR for 3 months and my wife and daughter can use her time already in the UK.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Re: ilr and schengen visa

Post by ALKB » Sat May 01, 2021 4:28 pm

mattecube wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 1:31 pm
My wife and her daughter are waiting the outcome of the ILR application (they are in their 14th week of waiting) as soon as they get it we want to holiday in France and Spain.(please no comments about covid restrictions)

I have read somewhere that they need to of held ILR status for 3 months but I have also read somewhere that they have to of lived in the UK for 3 months before they apply for a schengen visa.
The more I read it, is it that those EU citizens who have comeover and switched to ILR need to of held ILR for 3 months and my wife and daughter can use her time already in the UK.
ILR is not a prerequisite for a Schengen visa. They can apply at any time.

Just keep in mind that should you entertain to travel while their application is in progress, their application will be treated as withdrawn and they may or may not face difficulties re-entering the UK.

"The more I read it, is it that those EU citizens who have comeover and switched to ILR need to of held ILR for 3 months"

Do you have a link to where you read any of this? EU citizens do not need a Schengen visa at all.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

mattecube
Newly Registered

Post by mattecube » Sat May 01, 2021 7:12 pm

Thanks for the response, they cannot travel as their BRPs have expired whilst waiting for the ILR decision, you need to have 3 months on your BRP from the return date to travel

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sat May 01, 2021 7:56 pm

mattecube wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:12 pm
Thanks for the response, they cannot travel as their BRPs have expired whilst waiting for the ILR decision, you need to have 3 months on your BRP from the return date to travel
In that case they can apply as soon as they have received their new BRPs, provided they meet all other requirements, like validity of passport.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.