ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport photo background colour from overseas

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

passport photo background colour from overseas

Post by nasiaziz » Sat May 01, 2021 11:46 am

HI
i am applying for my child passport from pakistan i have been told that the fedex here accept photo with white background only but the website says plain cream or light grey colour. is there any rule where from abroad applying for passport background colour needs to be white or cream only and not grey, i have also been told that grey is only for people applying within uk, child is only six months old

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: passport photo background colour from overseas

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 2:06 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 11:46 am
HI
i am applying for my child passport from pakistan i have been told that the fedex here accept photo with white background only but the website says plain cream or light grey colour. is there any rule where from abroad applying for passport background colour needs to be white or cream only and not grey, i have also been told that grey is only for people applying within uk, child is only six months old
The requirements are standard. Follow the gov uk guidelines.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sat May 01, 2021 5:32 pm

so light grey background would work

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Should be okay.
be taken against a plain cream or light grey background
Photos of babies and children
Children must be on their own in the picture. Babies must not be holding toys or using dummies.

Children under 6 do not have to be looking directly at the camera or have a plain expression.

Children under one do not have to have their eyes open. You can support their head with your hand, but your hand must not be visible in the photo.

Children under one should lie on a plain light-coloured sheet. Take the photo from above.
https://www.gov.uk/photos-for-passports ... quirements
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 6:15 pm

I just noticed it says:
Children under one should lie on a plain light-coloured sheet. Take the photo from above.
I am not sure if plain light coloured sheet means it could be light grey also.

PS: I just checked my daughter’s passport photo (she was less than 1 month old then). It was taken on a WHITE sheet.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sat May 01, 2021 7:52 pm

hi thanks for your reply
i have attched the pic,with background colour would this be considered as light grey or dark?
Attachments
6CA97C25-34DB-4951-8E91-AA9DDEDE3902.jpeg
6CA97C25-34DB-4951-8E91-AA9DDEDE3902.jpeg (27.15 KiB) Viewed 425 times

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat May 01, 2021 9:09 pm

To be honest, we all will be doing guess work here. To me it looks dark grey, to others it may look light grey etc.

UK Gov website to me is not clear on the subject.

However, best is to follow the Fedex advice then to avoid delays. Fedex deals with the applications frequently so they would know better.

As I said, I took my daughter to a photo shop in London and they took her photo on a white background (white sheet as daughter laid on it) when she was a month old. So maybe white is best to go with.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 am

thank you so much for the information
also i have another question about the countersignatory signing the form and the baby pics hes a uk citizen but currently in pakistan due to covid does the passort office write to him for verification if they do hes currently not in the uk what should we do is the chances of writing to him alot or less?

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sun May 02, 2021 2:34 pm

nasiaziz wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:44 am
thank you so much for the information
also i have another question about the countersignatory signing the form and the baby pics hes a uk citizen but currently in pakistan due to covid does the passort office write to him for verification if they do hes currently not in the uk what should we do is the chances of writing to him alot or less?
HO rarely writes to countersignatory. If HO needs anything else, they will write to you to arrange another countersignatory.

nasiaziz
Member of Standing

Post by nasiaziz » Sun May 02, 2021 5:54 pm

but i use to work at an accountancy firm and whenever they used to sign for any child we used recieve a letter from passport office to confirm that we signed it,